Bodytrim Diet 2

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

Re: Bodytrim Diet 2

Hi Everyone!
      I just wanted to know if anyone else only lost 1kg in the first week of BT? :(
      I did the plan two years ago with great results and lost almost 3kg's the first week, but this time im just not budging the weight, and i have alot more to loose...i know a loss is a loss but i thought with such a massive change in diet the first week would be pretty major.
      The only thing i can think of is i haven't been as strict as i needed to be with the 3 hour rule do you think it could be that?

Thank you! :)

Hi DarkCookie22
      I think I lost around the 3kg the first time I started, but whenever I do a PO 3 day detox I'm lucky to lose 1kg!!! Im struggling to get back on the BT wagon myself after xmas!!! I think sticking to the 3hr rule does make a difference, and also making sure you drink enough water :)

Hi, can someone please tell me on the protein only days of body trim is it purely protein or can you add a few condiments or a bit of onion etc to protein portions. Also the flavoured tuna, it has 3.4g carbs so should I avoid it? I definitely don't want to sabotage my chances of getting into keto but I'm not sure how I'm going to go three days purely just protein.
      Thanks

Didn't mean to thanks for post!

Don't sweat the small stuff - 3G of carbs is more than ok, BT recommends less than 10g carbs and 5g sugar per 100g.

Onion fine, make some patties or meatballs, rissoles even!
      Condiments - go for it! Less than a tablespoon per serve but once again - don't sweat it!
      It's meant to make LC easier and sustainable :)
      Enjoy

If your still looking for that one person to change your life, take a look in the mirror...

Welcome Jacstef :)

Have you read the bodytrim in a nutshell thread?

I don't follow BT. I'm pretty sure it's just protein but you can possible have a little condiments so long as they fit a certain criteria. Should be in the nutshell thread. If you go to the first post of this thread that you're posting in now you will find some links to useful threads including the nutshell thread.

Hey Jeni, do you mind if I quote your post and cut and paste it into the first post of the nutshell thread. I imagine that is very good to know for someone starting out. I know I would be much happier reading that if it was me :D

Thanks for your replies. Yes I have searched high and low but cannot find anything specific about the protein only days and if you can add things to taste. Also, I know it says cottage cheese and ricotta but I can't find anything on Feta being allowed or not. Obviously I know it's not for the protein only days. Actually can one of my protein serves be cottage cheese or ricotta?

Sherrie wrote:

Hey Jeni, do you mind if I quote your post and cut and paste it into the first post of the nutshell thread. I imagine that is very good to know for someone starting out. I know I would be much happier reading that if it was me :D

Yeah no worries :)

If your still looking for that one person to change your life, take a look in the mirror...

jacstef wrote:

Thanks for your replies. Yes I have searched high and low but cannot find anything specific about the protein only days and if you can add things to taste. Also, I know it says cottage cheese and ricotta but I can't find anything on Feta being allowed or not. Obviously I know it's not for the protein only days. Actually can one of my protein serves be cottage cheese or ricotta?

They sure can - I thrashed cottage cheese so the very thought of it still makes me a bit off.. But yes - 50- 100g per snack ..
      Don't be afraid to listen and see how your body responds to food- I added yoghurt which isn't BT approved technically.. You'll get to know :)

Hi Guys,

Now, I once bought the BT pack but that was a while ago and basically lost the CD's and book.
      I cant remember if we are allowed to eat nuts? Are we and what sort? For snacking of course.

Im eating eggs as my snacks and to be honest - im getting bored of them. I need a different taste.
      I purchased one of the body trim low carb biscuits and I just wasn’t too sure about the taste.

I have made mini beef rissoles, chicken thighs (in small portions) chicken breast. I don’t like tuna or salmon.
      So any ideas on changing up my protein snacks would be great.

Wow, I have so many questions!!!

Hi Nicole - good luck with Bt I only do Low Carb so I cannot advise you on the nuts - Jeni (Venusdemilo) is our expert on that subject & she will be here soon to help you - I agree about the boiled eggs, tuna & salmon - I like fresh grilled salmon but the canned tuna & salmon have too strong a smell & flavour for me. There is so much information here just wander around because I'm sure other people have asked the same questions - always ask questions Sherrie is so informative - good luck :)

If you eat what you used to eat you will weigh what you used to weigh

Carbs Activate Carb Cravings

Hi Nicole,

BT recommends not eating nuts as they are high in calories and fats and too easy to overindulge in.
      From experience with BT it is a good starter for LC but it sure diesnt qualify for LCHF as BT recommends staying away from foods like avacado and nuts until maintenance, I found adding small amounts (1/4 avacado) or so to salads at the beginning made a huge difference to being satiated and no difference to how fast the weight came off.
      I eat a small handful of almonds with a yoghurt for my morning snack, both not BT approved.
      Work with yourself and see what gets the weight off, what stalls it etc as LC isn't a short term fix and it takes both your body and your head/mind to co operate to ensure long term success

Snack ideas-
      Protein bars or balls - many recipes on this site!
      Sliced ham
      Curried eggs
      Quick omelette or scramble
      Shakes
      Leftover meat from dinner, cold cuts etc
      Surimi or seafood
      Vegetarian sausages, marinated tofu
      Cottage cheese or ricotta
      LC cheesecakes made with ricotta or cottage or cream cheese

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Venusdemilo35”: Cheesecakes!! Yum ().