LCHF chocolate chip cookies

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

LCHF chocolate chip cookies

I bought 100 grams of 70 % Lindt chocolate for Easter, thinking that I would make LCHF chocolate eggs. But then I figured that I would probably just eat them all in one go, so I decided to make something where I could ''dilute'' the chocolate a bit. I settled on a recipe for chocolate chip cookies

1∕2 cup butter
      1∕2 cup erythritol (the finely ground, icing-sugar-type)
      5 eggs
      1 teaspoon vanilla
      1∕8 teaspoon salt
      1 1∕2 cup dessicated coconut
      100 g 70 % Lindt chocolate
      1 cup coconut flour

Make chocolate chips from the dark chocolate. Mix together butter, erythritol, eggs, vanilla and salt. Stir in chocolate chips, coconut flour and dessicated coconut. Drop batter in spoon-sized mounds on a sheet of baking paper. Bake on 190 degrees C for 15 minutes. Makes 20-25 cookies
      Highly recommended! :)

Note: The dough was a bit dry and crumbly. For a smoother dough, perhaps it could be worth trying to add a bit more butter or perhaps an extra egg. However, the crumbly dough didn't affect the end result - the cookies were divine and their texture improved further after a day in the fridge.

There's a photo on my blog: aussie-lowcarb-living.blogspot…ocolate-chip-cookies.html

Re: LCHF chocolate chip cookies

Articgirl I was reading another recipe for some coconut flour pancakes the other day and in the recipe they use a tablespoon of pure beef gelatin because it apparently stops them from being crumbly, might be worth a try!