Percentage of Fat on Atkins

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

Percentage of Fat on Atkins

Hey guys,
      I am doing Atkins Induction (have been for some time now) and have read through the book, but I cant seem to find where it says what percentage of fat we should be having per day.
      I know it sounds like a strange question and it does say whatever satisfies you, but I have been told and read that sometimes if your weight loss is hard going then it helps to add more fats to your eating plan. Does anyone have any ideas on what the right amount may be??

Re: Percentage of Fat on Atkins

Thanks guys. Is that any fat or good fats. Now I have to work out how to work out that percentage and how I calculate the fats. I don't think I was having enough fat in my diet everything I was preparing was lean so I could try to lose more but I think it stopped me from losing.

Re: Percentage of Fat on Atkins

You can use a tool called my fitness pal or Anolog6 has a great tool she uses , look in her thread. You can download both and see which one you like . Both are handy as you can set the targets you want to achieve .