Exercise Challenge

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

Re: Exercise Challenge

Mumsy I am the same as you I have been out all day & I'm sitting here too tired to get up & the thought of going out to that hot garage does not appeal to me at all.

If you eat what you used to eat you will weigh what you used to weigh

Carbs Activate Carb Cravings

Yes Mumsy think of your doggy!
      I just got back from a 30 min run/jog/walk which I did not feel like going on (hence my slower pace today I would say - only 3k's all up) I felt tired all day and kept putting it off but then decided it might make me feel better. It didn't but at least its done !

Hi all, I have found this thread at the suggestion of 2Kellen2. Im keen to give this a go. I dont have any exercise equipment at home, but i do have a 24hr gym membership that has been sitting idle for 2 months. Time to break out the access pass i think. Tomorrow is day 1 of the new lifestyle, so i guess ill see how i go!

Welcome mumof2 (& I am just kel) I'm pleased you have joined us so it is just a matter of doing some sort of exercise regularly & reporting it here so that we motivate each other.

This is all I have done today

30 min - treadmill

Yes, don't let it go to waste.....what about walking????? Also take a look at Gillian Michaels.."Shred" Just google it and it will come up. It's a great quick workout.... really good for abs....I'm sure I've got some somehwere????

Ok. I feel bad ie naughty. But yesterday was my birthday! I turned 51 :eek: Yes I drank too much. :rolleyes: Yes I went out for dinner. :D No I did not eat too much :p And yes I will have to go for long long walk today before I go to a wedding. :) And no I don't think I will have any problem NOT drinking alcohol today. ;) . If this is what 51 feels like, I don't like it. But I am sure it will get better. :rolleyes:

Happy birthday for yesterday Mumsy! Good on you for not overeating :)
      I am feeling a bit off today, I think something I ate last night didn't agree with me (I'm thinking maybe the erythritol in a dessert I made) and it's raining quite heavily so it will be an inside day for me. I enjoyed my run in the rain the other day but not this heavy. I wear glasses so this kind of rain would make seeing very difficult. I am also not the most co-ordinated person so running when it's this wet is likely a bad idea for me!
      I'll see how I feel later for some possible shred but for now I might go wallow in my sick bed.

Well you have given yourself a reason to watch your weight & do a bit of exercise today especially going to a wedding as well. I can assure you life does get better as we get older we get smarter & remember we cannot drink like we used to when we were younger - have a lovely time at the wedding. I hope there was also a bit of birthday cake there. I was going to wish you a happy birthday for yesterday but I remembered I did that yesterday.

I feel much better, however I am excusing myself from a walk today cos i really need to get ready for this wedding, and I have been trying clothes on this morning for the big wedding in two weeks. This is all so much fun and to top it off I do believe the scales are weighing a little in my favor :D !! I will get on the real scales at work tomorrow, good reason to behave myself for the rest of the day!! ;) I hope you all have a great day.

Feeling much better now. A few more sick bouts and 4 hours of solid sleep and now I feel much better.
      Back to running again tomorrow now that I will have my strength back. I literally did under 1000 steps today (I use a fitbit so I know I was super slack on my sick day)

My week end is going ok Lala but I have been slack with my exercise & would prefer to have done more than the minimum 30 min - hopefully today I will do more - I know I need to sort out the garden which is a mess so some sort of activity will be done. What about your week end all this shredding with Jillian is impressive aren't you sick of her voice - I would mute her & then if I was not watching they would go onto another exercise very inconsiderate. Thank goodness you are feeling better Rania - what is fitbit - I will google it.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “2kellen2” ().

It's ok I must be going nuts I thought I had deleted the above post & there it is. Rania please tell us more about fitbit - see I knew I needed this extra post. My mouse is playing up now that might have been the problem - might need a new battery so I am getting off here while I can.

Post was edited 3 times, last by “2kellen2” ().

LOL! No her voice doesnt bother me but when I'm punching it out I pretend that her face is in front of me.....just because she makes me work so hard.....yes I love the Shred and I can see it is making a difference with the way I look physically, so all in all it's a good thing!!! I do level 1 mostly but am working on level 2...I stick with Anita and try my hardest to keep up!!!! Your 30 mins is fine.....at least you did something....
      Mantra for 2014.....YOU CAN DO IT, NEVER GIVE UP! :cheer:

Kel the Fitbit is a fitness device (I am a gadget geek so I LOVE things like this ...) It hooks onto my bra and is small so I never even notice it. It counts calories burned, steps taken, distance traveled, general activity level and tracks sleep (obviously not on my bra at night, it has a wristband it goes into).

You set daily/weekly goals and I just find it helps me to reach those goals as I don't like to fail when it's there in black and white (hence this thread helps me so much too) It also lets you earn "badges" for things like number of floors climbed, number of KM's walked and all sorts of different stats.

You can have "friends" who you compare against each day. My cousin and I both bought them at the same time, and if I look at my app or the website and see she has done more steps than me I get off my butt and do more! It makes it a bit fun to do that extra bit weather to beat a mate or to reach a goal or if I see I am at 8.5km's, I feel the need to push to 9 to "finish" it off:). You can also join public or private challenges etc.

I *think* this is a link to my public profile which shows the last 5 days of me using it. fitbit.com/user/23R49L

I used to have a Jawbone Up band which was also great but they had technical issues and haven't released V2 yet.

And speaking of fitbit - I got up really late today so I need to go get off my butt and do a run since I am having a movie night with a friend tonight so we'll be very inactive (taking my own pizza base and we're making home made pizzas so it'll be nice and low carb for me)