• weight and measurements
• blood test results and changes to them
• any exercise and activities you do
• stress and your emotional well being
• health such as cravings, digestive disturbances, tiredness, hormonal cycles and fatigue
• any medications or supplements you take
• changes to your medications
• important events that occur in your life during your weight loss journey
• even just letting off some steam!
This important information can be used to spot important triggers and trends, as well as provide a history in case you need to look back on what worked and what didn't.
Even better is an online diary where other people with similar goals are present like on our forums. What this does is provide a platform for people to check on your progress, offer support and advice, as well as serve to keep you accountable for your actions. You might think being accountable is bad but actually this is a good thing, as it helps keep you motivated to stay on track. Not only that, if you fall off the wagon, people are right there to help you get back on with great low carb advice, suggestions and tips! You might find this thread useful: Why Start a Diary?