Low Carb Snack Ideas!
Having a bunch of ideas for low carb snacks at your disposal can be a real life saver sometimes, check this list out for some ideas for low carb snacks suitable for various low carb diets. Let me know if you have any more good ones you would like to share!
• hard boiled eggs.
• cubed cheese.
• celery sticks spread with cream cheese, home made dips or sugar free nut butters.
• leftover or pre cooked chicken and or other leftover unprocessed meats.
• low carb nuts like almonds, brazil, hazelnuts, macadamias, pecans to name a few. A nice way to have them is to toast them in a little oil and season them with sea salt and crumbled dry chili's.
• low carb trail mix recipe
• roasted sunflower seeds.
• grilled mushrooms: top mushroom caps with your favourite toppings or with a yummy cheese or mornay mixture and grill under the griller, yum!
• deviled eggs: there are many low carb friendly variations about, try our eggs recipe thread to get you started.
• roll ups: you could use lettuce, sliced meat, cheese slices, lightly steamed cabbage leaves, thinly sliced grilled eggplant and fill with your favourite fillings and eat like a wrap!
• pin wheels: as above but spread with a soft cheese mixture and roll up, set in the fridge and slice up to form pinwheels. If carb allowance and individual food tolerances allows try it using mountain bread!
• various berries, most common are blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. You could eat them alone or mixed with other ingredient like various soft cheeses, yogurts, cream and nuts.
• low carb nut and seed mixture.
• chicken wings marinated and grilled at home.
• square of 85% lindt chocolate.
• homemade baked goodies like low carb biscuits, muffins and cake, be it savoury or sweet. Check our low carb recipes section for ideas.
• dill pickles.
• low carb crackers and dips, experiment with low carb dips and crackers using alternative flours. Try our low carb crackers thread to get you started: Low Carb Crackers
• homemade low carb meatballs, patties and rissoles!
• mini low carb cheesecakes or just mix up some cream cheese, sweetener, cream, flavouring (diet jelly, lemon/lime juice, vanilla, cocoa or fruit like berries or passion fruit) and set in small cups or ramekins.
• Stuff veggies like avocados, cucumbers and tomatoes with your favourite grated cheese or soft cheese mixture, set in fridge and then slice. You could also do this with other veggies and grill before serving.
• cheese balls, make up a cheese mixture, it could be savoury like blue cheese and chives or a sweet cheesecake mixture, shape into balls and roll over some chopped nuts of your choice, yummo!
• antipasto platter, keep a mini antipasto platter of low carb goodies in the fridge for snacking!
We have a great thread for low carb snack ideas called low carb snacks plus many recipe ideas in our recipe section of the forum.