Crockpot Hungarian Beef GoulashThis is a really yummy recipe! Cheap beef cuts are good for this, just buy them in bulk, cube them and then freeze in 1kg lots. Don't forget many more slow cooker recipes here
1kg Beef, cubed
1 Onion, sliced
Mushrooms, sliced say a couple of handfuls
1 Carrot, sliced (you can add more if your carb counts allow)
2 Zucchini, sliced
2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
2-4 cups beef stock (depending on slow cooker)
1/4 cup Tomato paste
2tsp Marjoram, dried
Salt and pepper to taste
Butter for frying
Sour cream to taste, I use a good amount as it thickens it up
1. Melt butter in pan, brown beef in batches then place in slow cooker
2. Saute mushrooms, garlic and onions in pan with butter then chuck in slow cooker
3. Combine stock, tomato paste, marjoram, paprika and seasonings in pan, bring to boil then pour over beef.
4. Cover slow cooker and cook 1 hour high, 7 hours low.
5. Stir in sour cream in the final 10 minutes
6. Serve with mashed cauli and green beans, this was really good, my son isn't a fan of mushroomy things but he loved this!