So you have either created your own domain, or have set up multiple email addresses to avoid spam etc but they are all just coming in to your inbox in outlook express. Meaning you still have to sort through all the spam anyway.
Or maybe you just have multiple email addresses and want to sort the emails more easily.
Outlook express (and other email clients) can easily do this for you through message rules. The first step is to create some folders to easily separate your email. So for example, I have 3 different email addresses. I will call them A, B, C. So when you receive email to email A, you want to easily be able to see it without seeing email from B and C.
In outlook express you will see to the left your local folders including inbox, sent items, outbox etc. Right click the mouse on "Inbox" and select "new folder". Call the folder whatever you want that relates to the email you are going to direct there. Do this once for each of your email address you want to sort. So for my example, I created 3 called A emails, B emails, and C emails.
Next click on "Tools" at the top, then "message rules" "then mail..." which will open a box called message rules.
If you have never done this before the box under "These rules will be applied to mail messages" will be empty.
To set up a rule, follow the steps below:
1) Click on "new", a box will pop up with "New Mail Rule" at the top.
2) Under "select the conditions for your rule" Put a tick in the box that says "where the to line contains people"
3) Under "select the actions for your rule" put a tick in the box that says "move it to the specified folder".
Under box 3. "rule description" you will see your rules outlined with two blue words. "contains people" and "specified" should be highlighted blue.
4) Click on "contains people" type the email address that you want sorted and click "OK". The email address you type in, needs to be the email you want to sort in to one of the folders we created earlier. So for me, because I am sorting A first, I type in A@A.com.au
5) click on "specified" which will pop up a box allowing you to select the folder to move emails to. In my case I select A emails folder.
6) Click OK at the bottom to finish the rule.
Repeat these steps for each of the emails you have and need sorted.
Once this is done, any time you receive an email, they will be sorted in to the correct folder which makes it much easier to keep track of multiple accounts etc.
Any questions, feel free to ask.
Also, there are more advanced rules you can use to sort individual emails like from a certain person etc into their own folder, but I wont go in to that much detail here.