Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BodyTrim - Coffee and Tea

Post Thanks / Like

BodyTrim - Coffee and Tea

Hi Everyone,
    My husband and I started BodyTrim this week. We are on day 3 of the all protein detox days (thank goodness, can't wait for some veggies tomorrow!!) and last night we watched the first 2 DVD's. I know that he said that coffee was allowed, even encouraged, and low fat milk in coffee and tea is ok. But just wanted to ask any Body Trimmers out there if there is a limit to how many cups you can have a day? Thanks for your help
    Naomi

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BodyTrim - Coffee and Tea

i'm pretty sure it should be limited as the milk contains carbs, and doesnt fit with the "Hunter Gatherer" theory - so unless you can drink black I would limit it

Also diet/sugar free beverages, and caffeinated drinks such as coffee and tea should not be included in total daily water intake

i would even steer away from sugar free diet drinks etc, because the artificial sweetners in them can actually cause you to gain weight, not only that they are incredibly bad for you. You are actually better off using raw sugar in your coffee.

if you cant handle plain water go for a dash of diet cordial or a slice of lemon or lime to add flavour.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Motivated. That's kind of what I had figured, about the milk, so have been limiting myself to 3 cups a day. I can cope with no sugar, but can't handle it black Just wondered if there was any definite rules about that!!

I try not to rely too much on artificially sweetened stuff (been dieting FOREVER, even though I only started BT Sun) but I do use it to get me through some days, when I just want to eat all the wrong things

Thanks for your reply!! I'm feeling a bit lost with some stuff, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it as I go along. Especially with this forum, just lurking has answered heaps of my questions already

Naomi.

Post Thanks / Like

I have learnt heaps by reading stuff on here - although i havent started yet, (Tuesday will be the day) I am keen to get on it.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wnDgrpr/]

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    I'm a relative newbie too, been around a couple of months, just a heads up, I and I am sure a lot of other lcers use pure cream in their hot bevvies, it has less carbs than milk, and IMO tastes heaps better

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dragonlady! I love the idea of cream (yum), but Body Trim works, at least to some degree with being low fat, so I'm pretty sure we're only allowed a little low fat milk? Although I could be wrong, I'll have to go read my book again now, lol It's obviously something I'm going to be doing a lot until I get my head around this plan!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Erythritol and stevia are not artificial sweeteners

Post Thanks / Like

I did bodytrim 2 years ago and reached my weight quite quickly ( only wanted to loose like 4 kg), I did limit my milk , as it has carbs and at the end and even now that I follow Atkins(just to help me with my bad Pms and constant cravings) I got used to drink black coffee and maybe now cream, but I think that doesn't go with bodytrim.
    Anyway, the best advice I got was avoid diet drinks, not because of calories if not, I don't need to loose more weight now but since I stopped my constant cravings are much much better. I used to have 3 l of diet coke a day and did loose the weight but it was a struggle with cravings and hunger.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sherrie, I have heard of Stevia (although I don't love it, I have to say) but will have to try Erythritol! Where can you get it from? Any supermarket or a health food store?

It's interesting that you follow Atkins to help with PMS etc, Charlotte. I'm assuming you find it helps, or you wouldn't be doing it!! I have found having my second child that my hormones have been out of control. During pregnancy and breast feeding I had moments when I thought I was going crazy Mood swings, depressed, just felt completely out of control (which of course affected my eating), which is not how I usually roll. I'm generally fairly even tempered. It's starting to settle now that I have finished bfing but I'm really hoping this eating plan will help to level things out. It's encouraging to know that there is a possibilty of that

Naomi.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: BodyTrim - Coffee and Tea

It does help me with Pms, like u I had a baby 3 years ago and my hormones got a little bit out of control, o always had Pms but after giving birth and having post partum depression got worse. As I told you bodytrim helped me to get rid off the last 4 kg of my post baby weight and it was ok but my problem was that I would still go through huge sugar cravings, mood swings before TOM, depressed because I would binge with sugar for a day ( meaning the next day will punish myself fasting all day) etc so even I was happy with my weight I was all day thinking of what sweet thing could I eat. I would chew sugar free lolls, gum, tons of diet coke, 4 equal per coffee and even used to put sweetener to some veggies like pumkin so at the end of the day I hated that even being a slim person I was always thinking about food and sugar.
    Apart from that, in my special case the free day in the long run was not the best for me, I know it works with a lot of people to stick with the plan. But I guess I'm like an addict and as soon as I had some I will continue wanting it for days and days and would be dreaming all week for what sweet I could have on my free day. Every person is different, and for me I prefer at the moment Atkins just because not thinking about food, lollies, hunger pains in my tummy is all what I want for me.... I began doing it seriously like 2 weeks ago because did my research and love that people where not hungry, so it took me like 4 or 5 days but finally I felt
    Like is it already lunch time? When that was never my case. It also helped me cutting aspartame, diet sodas, sugar free lolls even Atkins bar not because I need to be slimmer but just because I need to retrain my taste buds again to trying to get that high that sugar gives me, that means even ni calorie sweet things in my case develops a horrible craving for more. I'm in my days prior to TOM again and even I can still feel some desire for sweet I'm generally feeling so full that it fades away easily. As I tell you, my husband would tell me your slim u can afford a cake if u want and I know that but in my case doing that means. Starting again the rollercoast of cravings that then turns into mood swings, depression an anxiety if I don't have what I want. Let see how I go, very pleased at the moment but will have to keep going and doing my research to see how tO fix my problems. Oh, I also found a couple of months ago I had candida in the guy( few drs treat this) and doing something about it has helped heaps with my depression( no longer with medicine) anxiety, migraines I had etc etc I'm still working on it but low carb( no matter what the plan is) helps a lot as the candida feeds of sugar.good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tazschick View Post
    Thanks Dragonlady! I love the idea of cream (yum), but Body Trim works, at least to some degree with being low fat, so I'm pretty sure we're only allowed a little low fat milk? Although I could be wrong, I'll have to go read my book again now, lol It's obviously something I'm going to be doing a lot until I get my head around this plan!!
    You're right, my apologies, I am not too clued on BT, and forgot about the low fat concept, sorry

Interesting about the PMS, I know that since going low carb my menses have returned and are regular, they have been very few and far between over the last 18 years.

Post Thanks / Like

No worries, Dragonfly!! Might have to have some coffee and cream on my free day now that you've got me thinking about it

Yeah, watching the DVD and listening to the guy talk all about our hormonal responses to what we eat in the last few nights. I guess it only makes sense that it will affect all that I hadn't really thought much about it before, but if I'd realized that before, it would have been a major reason to choose LC!! Gotta love surprises like that. Will keep an eye on how the "free day" affects me in that area!! Like you, Charlotte, I tend to get a bit food obsessed, so I'd like to regulate that if I can, even after I get to where I want to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a good idea, anyway first focus to reach your goal, keep doing all you good work and when times comes you will find what works best for you. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tazschick View Post
    Thanks Sherrie, I have heard of Stevia (although I don't love it, I have to say) but will have to try Erythritol! Where can you get it from? Any supermarket or a health food store?
    Sorry Naomi, I missed your post, erythritol is very hard to buy here and is very expensive, I buy mine from the US when I buy my supps. You can buy stevia here but again it's cheaper in the US and I always find the ones here are too bitter and give me nausea. The stevia I buy is nu-nuturals brand, I started off with a stevia blend that they sell but now I just use their pure white stevia extract in a big tub (they have 3 different sizes) and mix it up with the erythritol myself in one of those magic bullet type things, the stevia lasts forever!
    You could just buy the stevia blend in a tub on it's own and send it off with the cheap postage and see if you like it then go from there. The cheap postage is only $4 and if you use my reference number RER863 that will give you $5 off your first order so you could try it very cheaply.

Anyone know how to source Erythritol??

This is the blend with erythritol and this is their blend with maltodextrin. I accidentally bought the one with maltodextrin when I did it but it was good.
    Last edited by Sherrie; 06-04-2011 at 12:07 PM. Reason: my links were messed up

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sherrie!! Will try that

Naomi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast