Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changs Super Lo-Cal Noodles

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Changs Super Lo-Cal Noodles

My woolies now stocks them too. They are with the asian foods. Where the hokkien and singapore cupboard noodles are.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I'm off to the shops
    Kapay

Post Thanks / Like

So. I went to Woollies and there they were right were you said they would be. Along with the Asian foods, with the other Changs products. Watch out that you don't get the one that say Gluten Free, you want the Super Lo-Cal noodles (purple pack).

Anyway had butter chicken for dinner tonight - my new favorite food because before I used to have cauli rice with curry but you could still taste the cauli. These noodles were the best - no taste of their own and very filling. I did as directed on the packet and drained and rinsed really well then boiling water from the kettle to heat.

I'll be waiting to see the result as I'm told the internal cleansing action is quite impressive (sorry about any visual you might be getting ).
    Kapay

Post Thanks / Like

I got some from Woolies Rouse Hill. I have been getting them from asian stores (not Changs) and had mixed results with regards to, ummm, tummy issues, depending on the brand. I found the Changs to be easier to prepare, the liquid they come in is not as smelly as the asian varieties, so a quick rinse is all that's needed rather than 3 or 4 rinses. Tasted great too. I had the whole pack (2 serves oink oink) and my tummy was definitely affected. Not too bad though, worth it for being able to have decent noodles once in a while.
    I also bought the SlimPasta (same Woolies, hiding in the Health Food section, not the pasta section), so will try that later in the week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy24 View Post
    I also bought the SlimPasta (same Woolies, hiding in the Health Food section, not the pasta section), so will try that later in the week.
    We tried that last week and weren't that impressed. I'm interested in how you go though

Start: 6 January 2012

Post Thanks / Like

I got som! Tried the big supermarkets, Woolies & Coles, and found them in little Bi-Lo. Now, I have never had noodles before, what do I do with 'em?
    [I]Odille -
    following Primal Lifestyle

Low fat is so last century!

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

I made a laksa with mine. It was very nice.
    Kath

Current weight 11/13: 91kg

Post Thanks / Like

Found the Changs super Lo Cal Noodles in my local Coles this time - which is much more convenient to me than woollies. Still next to the other Changs stuff - crispy noodles ect at the end of the pasta isle.

Made curry again and used the noodles instead of rice ( I cut it up with the kitchen scissors). Went really good so now I have a stock in the pantry. These ones dont need refrigerating like the asian grocery ones and definitely not as smelly to prepare. Very happy with them.

The "Tummy issues" were not as bad as previous types.

Next I"m making my old favorite chicken noodle soup recipe that I haven't had for two years since going low carb.
    Kapay

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a big noodle fan, for the most part. I'm even happy to forgo spaghetti most of the time, though I do like my penne in the occasional tuna/pasta casserole ...

but chicken noodle soup ... that I've missed. What a great use for these noodles! Thanks for the idea, Kapay!
    morte

Post Thanks / Like

Have you checked your local woollies for the slim pasta range the angel hair is 0 carb the spaghetti about 3G but we get them in launceston and we have the smallest woollies ever about $3 a pack

Post Thanks / Like

A few nights ago.. I made a pseudo "creamed rice" with my chopped up changs with a lovely creamy sauce with cinnamon.. gosh it was delicious

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12