Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 564.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• I go to a free clinic and one of the GPs sent me for a glucose tolerance test about 7 years ago because I wasn't getting over a bad cold. He diagnosed me type 2 (then left the clinic) and I've been on a rollercoaster ride of meds ever since because I'm allergic/sensitive to lots of them. My body wasn't responding to diet and exercise either so my current GP decided to send me to an endocrinologist. His first blood test showed I have ia2 antibodies so now I'm on insulin 5 times a day. I don't exa…

• I am going to say a very big THANK YOU to you for posting this Sherrie. Guess who has been diagnoses Type 1 and just saw a dietitian and got the 'recommended diet' spiel? Me! Guess who is not falling for it? Me!

• Honey vs Sugar

Alies - - Real Research and Media

Doesn't honey have antibacterial properties?

• Cool Had you seen it before Sherrie? What did you think? I was tossing up whether to pop it in the lounge or media.

• Has anyone else seen this article in the aussie reader's digest? I thought it was very good! (Just close the ads to read it and remember to read both pages) rd.com/health/diet-weight-loss…n-the-life-of-a-fat-cell/ In the aussie magazine there's also a few snippets of information about drinking a hot beverage 20 minutes before eating, sniffing grapefruit essential oil and, my favourite, eating eggs for breakfast to help with weightloss, but hardly worth buying the mag for. Enjoy

• Re: Kidneys and blood pressure

Alies - - Health

Hey Sherrie I hope all is well with you and your family. Wishing you every success with home schooling. We nearly went that path this year. Back to the kidneys: Here's a bit of a technical article science.howstuffworks.com/life/human-biology/kidney8.htm it mentions vitamin D and calcium. I've been D deficient for quite a while, but my kidneys were supposedly okay. :s It also mentions parathyroid hormone. I know there's lots of that mentioned around here!

• Kidneys and blood pressure

Alies - - Health

Hi everyone, I know I need a kick in the rear end and get back on the wagon, but for now I am on a path of discovery about how blood pressure is related to the kidneys. This was my first port of call, but I haven't been able to find anything specific about it so please feel free to point me in the right direction if you've posted anything about it. The following link came up on google and I think it's what my doctor was referring to this evening when he told me I need to start meds abc.net.au/am…

• Hello All I pop in from time to time - usually to post something that I've read that reminds me of the forum. I thought the people who use them might like to know about the recall on Empower and Tony Ferguson wraps recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1014155

• Hi, I'm an 'old timer' who occasionally pops in.:) We've had a Wii for over a year and have to admit we only get Wii Fit out when we want to have a giggle. Ours is broken, though, because it says I'm obese.:eek: I actually agree with it...I just tell people it's broken. hehehe

• Not exactly sure where to put this one, or even if someone has already posted it...feel free to move it if you like I came across it on Yahoo and, while it's not exactly low carb, it is promoting the benefits of having protein at every meal and says it's being promoted in the Journal of Nutrition. Quote: “35 delicious ways to enjoy the fat-fighting, muscle-building power of protein” au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/b/women…/get-slim-stay-satisfied/

• Recall of paper muffin and cup cake cases

Alies - - Health

I just came across this recall on the government website for 'Home Living' and 'Party Extras' brands of muffin and cup cake paper cases sold in Coles, BILO, Kmart, Big W, Spotlight and Woolworths/Safeway stores nationally between 2004 and 2008. recalls.gov.au/view_recall_detail.php?Recall_ID_Auto=15782 Apparently they leach unacceptable levels of lead and chromium. I've used them before! The page lists the barcodes on the packets and shows pictures of the offending items.

• Just wanted to post my experience with processed meats, although I haven't followed bodytrim. Whenever I would eat some ham or chicken loaf in a wrap with a lettuce leaf and slice of tomato, cucumber etc it would leave me feeling hungry. The only way I can feel satisfied with processed meats is to make sure I have at least 100g and mix with enough salad vegies and mayonnaise to fill a dinner plate. I also add pepper for it's natural chromium. Now that's a REAL salad!:)

• I found the embedded article in that link on the Wii Fit quite good. I didn't bother with the video in the article, but the article is quite witty.:) women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/li…d_soul/article3374946.ece

• You give other people too much credit. If you converted it to low carb you're the genius! I wonder if it will keep that long, though, even in the fridge without anything to preserve it? (acetic acid)

• Re: Juices

Alies - - Low Carb Living

I drink Cottees diet cordial. I'm fine with the artificial sweeteners in them.:)

• Gee, with so much xylitiol, I wonder if the packaging has a warning about a laxative effect? I'm not impressed that a doctor is promoting a low fat and low carb diet and that he recommends people snack regularly on "8 almonds and 1 apple".:mad:

• Re: Sauerkraut

Wanna know something freaky? My mother just informed me over the phone that she had sauerkraut for tea last night!:eek:

• Re: Sauerkraut

NOOOOO! Don't eat it. It's disgusting!:eek: I swear my mother used to force feed it to me and she made it with mashed potato and continental sausage etc. Oh, I work with a teacher who tells his students to tell their parents they don't have to eat brussel sprouts. lol

• Re: Feeling lonely in Vic

Alies - - Introduce Yourself

Hi Hestia.:) There's a few of us Victorians on here.:cool:

• You're probably not blonde at all! But the woman who helped you is. lol