Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 359.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Hi Parousia ... glad you found something that worked. I didn't see the limit of more than 1kg a week as relevant I guess (not sure I even noticed it) I generally lose 500g a week. I just used it more to track the food.

• Re: Good Software for LC WOE

damsel - - Low Carb Beginners

I've had 2 days of 'almost' LC ... lot better than I've been lately

• I know what you mean about still having a fascination with it ... I do too. I loved the shakes, but I do find Atkins less constricting Plus I know the girls here would slap me around if I went back on it :p

• Re: Good Software for LC WOE

I use 'Perfect Diet Tracker'. It's not a free program, but I really like it. I actually got it for free 'cos before I bought it I mentioned a few things that I didn't like about it & they gave it to me for free for making those suggestions. You can search the web for counts, add your own, make recipes etc. When I'm eating LC (*Gulp*) I find it really useful. It's gathering a bit of dust at the moment

• They still haven't really worked out why some breeds bloat ... could be anxiety, a virus, etc ... there's a lot of theories out there & recommendations change all the time ... ie it used to be to soak their dry food so the stomach juices didn't make the dry food swell inside the stomach ... now they're saying don't soak it. They also used to say feed on a raised platform ... now they think that it can contribute to bloat .... it's really hard to work out what to do. I'd like to feed them natural…

• I used to feed my dogs natural based on the 'billinghurst' diet. Unfortunately my older dog bloated twice on chicken necks & carcasses & I had to take her off it.

• I did one similar to that at the barossa. I think Linke's butcher at Tanunda has nitrate free bacon.

• Re: Sugar alcohols

1 row (3 pieces) of the cadbury lite has me in the loo within 15 minutes of eating it ... but it's all over real quick lol !! On TF you could have 5 sugar free lollies per day. If I spaced them out over the day I was ok but if I ate them all together it had the same effect as the 3 pieces of cad lite. Who needs a laxative !!!!!

• Re: EASTER WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE

damsel - - Low Carb Living

Oh LOL ... poor you. Although nasty it does seem to 'get out of your system' fairly quickly

• Re: Paranormal

damsel - - The Lounge

Funny thing .... I haven't seen them since I put this post up. I spoke to a friend who's into this stuff & she said apparently they're still here but don't want to be seen & didn't realise I could see them ... *shrugs* She thinks they'll one day make themselves 'solid' again. Jordan spent Friday nite at his Dad's & I was a bit concerned the child would try to talk to me again ... nada.

• Re: Happy Easter

damsel - - The Lounge

Hope everyone had a lovely easter & indulged in a some chocolate

• Re: The Fat Fast

It's really hard to get your head around the 'fat issue' - I still have problems with it. I never tried the fat fast. When I stick to atkins I lose about 500g a week which I though was ok - you're doing better than that. What you're doing seems to be working - well done

• If I stuck to it 100% I found them really filling. When I got sick & cheated ... I found they didn't fill me anymore. I find a musashi protein shake (plus cream) really filling too though

• I was eating stuff all on TF (mostly cos I'm lazy), but I found the shakes really filling. Only meat & salad stuff I ate was at tea.

• Re: Interesting News Articles

damsel - - The Lounge

I read that today ... reminds me of that tv show (can't remember what it was) where she sat in the lounge chair for over a year ...

• Re: EASTER WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE

damsel - - Low Carb Living

mine just scream at me to 'get off'

• Re: ARGHHHH

damsel - - The Lounge

I laughed when they said on the news we're in for a cool change next week ... a high of 31 .... wooo hoo .... how about some low 20's ?? I agree Sherrie, the mornings have been really dark & cold .... it's weird isn't it. Doesn't last long - I've got the air con on whilst driving to work.

• I always worked on the 5-7g per 100g for dressings, sauces etc. The 1g was for drinks

• Re: Laugh of the Day

damsel - - The Lounge

LMAO - I do all of those !!

• Re: Plastic Surgery

damsel - - The Lounge

I've always wanted to get my boobs done. I have these horribly large hanging things where my perky boobs used to be. I've heard though that because they have to cut around the aerola (is that the right word?) that the nipple can actually fall off due to lack of blood flow. Not sure if I'd like that ! I think these pics have put me off ever getting my arms done. They look so good when they do them on 'Nip N Tuck'