Search Results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Question

KAS - - Low Carb Beginners

Well, I seem to be averaging only 1200 cals a day... Also, my protien avg's closer to 40%, with fat at 50-55% and carbs at 5-10%. I have done my BMR thingy and it says that my need is 1763 cals. So, with a deficit of over 500, I should be a stick right now!! not holding steady, right? I should try to get more, closer to only being in a 300+ deficit I think... how to add cals -- with cheesecake ? I am finding it tough to keep the fat percentage higher than the protien; but, I think the extensive …

• Question

Alrighty, so, I cheated this past weekend with various alcoholic drinks (sans carbs) and a fiber bar… but, then I abided by the diet (99%) through today and have only lost the pound I gained over the weekend What am I doing wrong? What does everyone recommend for a total cals and fat grams to continue loss? I am obviously consuming too much, if my body stopped burning... bummer. Although, there were two days (following the binge) in which I ate little for lunch and missed my veg all together the…

• Hi!

KAS - - Introduce Yourself

I am 26yo, female, an HR Administrator and a part-time student out of MA, USA; I am a Vet of Operation Enduring Freedom Afghanistan, a poet and a science blogger. I sit most of my day and had wrist surgery a few years back for De Quervains Syndrome (just like Carpal Tunnel, but a diff tunnel) and couldn't do pushups any longer (or any weight bearing) and lost my drive for working out all together. I have recently picked it back up lightly (mostly cardio) but, still haven't dropped in weight. The…

• Re: Getting Started Thread

Great information, thanks! (I will be utilizing the FitDay) KAS

• Please excuse my ignorance, but why flax/fish oil? Aren't I getting Omega 3 in other foods, like salmon? Also, why the additional extra fats, if I supply fat for energy burn, won't it neglect burning my body fat instead? I will do some research as well on this, but if anyone feels up to replying, that would also be helpful! Thanks! KAS