Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 264.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Sorry, I've been awol Better delete me please Daisy/Shez. This weekend is our official moving weekend, although we can't actually move in ourselves until Wed. Also I won't have internet for a couple of weeks until we get the satellite set up.

• Sorry Shez, its hard to feel motivated to weigh in when the scales are doing what I want 81.9 for me, I blame the birthday cake and TOM.

• Welcome Damo! I can recommend this ebay store - I have used them on several occasions and today my order arrived with a free block of choc low carb of course. I haven't tried their protein powder but I did purchase a trial satchet of the choc flavour with this order to try. Won't get around to trying it for a few days but I will let you know what it was like when I do.

• Re: 2009 Our Time To Shine!

nulky75 - - Motivation & Resolve

Sorry I've been a bit awol, been away. Back up to 81.5kg as of monday for me I didn't go completely off plan but took some lc cheesecakes and ate lots of nuts and diet softdink. Bec

• Re: Hello to everyone

nulky75 - - Introduce Yourself

Welcome Sapphy Have you got the Atkins book yet? If not I highly recommend trying to get your hands on a copy.

• 81kg for me

• Re: newbie on board

Welcome Wendy! I agree with Sherrie, it sounds like to you need to build some muscle and especially work on your abs and back. Bec

• Re: Here I am again!

Welcome! I'm another one who had done atkins with success in the past then slowly slipped back into the high carb way of eating and gained it all back. As everyone had said we need to make this a way of life. Lots of great recipes here, no need to live on boiled eggs Bec

• Re: Progress..Yehaa!!

nulky75 - - Low Carb Beginners

Way to go Paulee and Kwan!!

• Re: questions

nulky75 - - Low Carb Beginners

Hi Kgb Seems like Shez has covered most of your questions Just a note on the Burgen bread, packaged foods in Australia already have the fibre count deducted from the carb count. So it would be 8.5g of carbs per slice. I have no idea what sort of level of carbs you should be aiming for whilst lactating but hopefully someone will. You probably will be able to include some yougart with your higher carb levels but you will want to check labels very carefully some are loaded with sugar.

• Stay at home mum, studying accounting part-time by correspondence.

• Re: Mightee-mouse intro

Welcome MM! Yes check the labels on your protein powder and if its low carb you should be fine. Bec

• Re: Hi Im a newbie

Welcome Karen! How nice to have you and hubby both following the same diet. Bec

• Re: Hello!

Welcome Sandy If you want simple go for Atkins, its pretty straight forward once you read the book. I used to live in Gunnedah, for a little while, its a lovely town. I'm only about 100km up the road from you now. Bec

• Re: Teriyaki Meatballs

nulky75 - - Snacks Galore

Thanks for bumping, these sound great!

• Re: hi

Welcome Kels!

• Re: NEW CHALLENGE AVATOR PHOTO'S

nulky75 - - The Lounge

Well said Janal! I agree Shez all celebs seem to have their fair share of hangups but who doesn't? Theirs are just picked to pieces and paraded in front of everyone - wouldn't be a celeb for quids (and I know they get plenty :D) I can't really think of a celeb I would like to align myself with. Anybody been watching the tennis? I always marvel at their fitness and great bodies - I love seeing women like Molik and Casey Delaqua (spelling?) who are super fit and muscular but have real women's bodi…

• Had a couple of days reading to catch up on! Congrats to all the loosers, commiserations to those who are struggling. Good luck with your appointment Em, hopefully they can help provide some answers for you. My loss for the challenge so far is (82.4 - 81.7) 700g - thats a great loss for me and I'm happy that. It would have been better but I've had a few minor indiscretions including some diet coke and some berries.

• Quote from singadiva: “ As Jacqueline Eberstein said, I'll probably always have to be lower carb than normal.... ” We will all have to eat lower carb than "normal" for the rest of our lives, if we don't want to put the weight back on again I plan to stay on induction (or at least 20-25g of carbs) until I get close to my first goal of 65kgs then moving up the carb ladder. I agree its very important to go up the carb ladder eventually, also there is some hope that after a long period of eating low…