Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 23.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• I felt the same way at first (it tastes like baking powder), but I think I got used to it. I don't mind it now - it's my third loaf. I really don't eat enough bread to justify a 6-loaf buy! Hopefully more (actual) low carb options become widely available - the Helga's 'lower carb' is a bit of a joke!

• Her exact message to me: "...the low-carb diets effectively put you in the state of a non-compliant (Not taking medication) diabetic... weight loss quick BUT, organ damage max... leads to blindness, loss of limbs etc. (obviously long-term but NOT good...) I KNOW .... I've been told about ketoacidosis and the long-term effects on diabetics...." I really don't understand what she's on about.

• I'll be watching this thread with interest! (we don't tend to watch free-to-air in our house) I have a friend whose daughter has just been diagnosed with diabetes. She's very opposed to the LCHF diet I'm on. She has been told by her daughter's care professionals that ketosis is extremely dangerous and will make your limbs drop off.

• Morning ladies. Very pleased to see a 700g drop on the scales this week. Finally doing something right... come on 60's.... Cw 72.7kg May: * Week * SW * 1 * 2 * 3 * 4 * Nicmyers * 111.0 * * * * * Kezzah62 * 86.3 * * * * * Carleen * 81 * * * * * Bean * 230lbs * * * * * Bignhappy * 103 * * * * * Mark * 109 * * * * * Cate * 85.95 * * * * * Strawberry * 73.4 * 73.4 * 72.7 * * * Kristy * 79.8 * 69.5 * * * * Wendy * 136.5 * * 121 * *

• Bit late but I weighed in last Thursday and lost 400g, so that's 73.4 Two days away from next weigh in, hopefully that figure will come down again May: * Week * SW * 1 * 2 * 3 * 4 * Nicmyers * 111.0 * * * * * Kezzah62 * 86.3 * * * * * Carleen * 81 * * * * * Bean * 230lbs * * * * * Bignhappy * 103 * * * * * Mark * 109 * * * * * Cate * 85.95 * * * * * Strawberry * 73.4 * 73.4 * * *

• Does anyone know any good alternatives for 'snacky' type foods like Chips and rice crackers? I am really missing my crackers and dip. And no, dipping celery isn't the same

• I've been looking at that, am considering it, but I don't want to buy 6 loaves at once, given I probably would only use 1 per week. I know they'd freeze, but that's a lot of freezer room taken up. Did you end up trying it? I've been buying a bread mix from The Protein Company. It's okay.

• What's wrong with the Nobby's Pork Crackle you can buy at bottle shops? Is it artificial ingredients? I've had it as a snack a few times because I saw the carbs were very low.

• Keto sticks

strawberrymuffin - - Low Carb Beginners

Thanks ladies! I just bought some on ebay

• Unfortunately it's pretty standard for me; however 6 days in a row is definitely out of the norm. I have learned my lesson. There is obviously no magic diet that allows you to drink every day!!

• Ooops ... I guess the answer to "can you gain weight on low carb" is yes. 73.8kg April: * Week * SW * 1 * 2 * 3 * 4 * Nicmyers * 111.0 * * * * * Kezzah62 * 86.3 * * * * * Carleen * 81 * * * * * Bean * 230lbs * * * * * Bignhappy * 103 * * * * * Mark * 109 * * * * * Cate * 85.95 * * * 75.56 * * Strawberry * 73.4 * * * 72.8 * 73.8

• That's reassurring Ladybug! I am still learning the boundaries and limitations (see: 1kg weight gain this week - turns out you can't drink wine every day) but on the whole am really, really enjoying the lifestyle. I am over "counting" things too and what's more, food with fat is starting to become delicious the more I eat it

• Just wanted to jump in and say (as a newbie) I am also struggling with the fat issue! I was a dieting young adult of the low-fat 90's, in fact for a while I followed Susan Powter's extreme low fat diet which involved subbing applesauce for eggs in recipes, using 0.1% skim milk and avoiding even healthy fats like avocado. Intellectually I get it, I've read a lot about fats and their role in the diet but practically it's really HARD to fry something up in butter, and slather full-fat mayo on my sa…

• Keto sticks

strawberrymuffin - - Low Carb Beginners

Where are you guys buying your ketone sticks? I checked at my pharmacy but they only had the blood test ones.

• Yayyyy!! I lost 600g - 72.8kg. Not bad for only 3 full days April: * Week * SW * 1 * 2 * 3 * 4 * Nicmyers * 111.0 * * * * * Kezzah62 * 86.3 * * * * * Carleen * 81 * * * * * Bean * 230lbs * * * * * Bignhappy * 103 * * * * * Mark * 109 * * * * * Cate * 85.95 * * * 75.56 * * Strawberry * 73.4 * * * 72.8 *

• I want to make a low carb pizza on the weekend and am confused about all the options! Almond flour base, cauliflower base, or one of the other options? What is everyone's absolute favourite? I'm also aiming for weight loss so would a vege-base be better?

• I'll check in tomorrow. I'm a bit worried it won't be much of a loss because I only really started Monday. And carb-loaded like an Olympic athlete all weekend in preparation Anyway we will see!

• Thanks heaps. It's hard to break the fruit habit! I always had fruit with breakfast and at least twice a day as a snack on its own. I'll try tomorrow bringing some ham and cheese or full fat greek yogurt.

• Will do, was just about to check out the recipes!

• I'm not doing Celebrity Slim this time. Their shakes are actually quite high in sugar which I didn't realise at the time, now I"m more aware of the sugar thing. Thanks for the welcome I really appreciate it! So berries are okay but no apples? Is there any other fruit I can have in moderation initially?