Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 45.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• cococut oil

belle - - Low Carb Living

Thanks Delia, I think I just have to get used to the idea of using it instead of olive oil etc. Where do you get maca root? Is it an oil as well?

• an open letter to Brownyn Pike

I just sent Pike an email. Can't wait to hear what she has to say. I gave her an outline of a typical low carbers dailing dietary intake and asked her what her daily food was? I wonder if she'll fess up!

• cococut oil

Thanks for that Sam. I bought some coconut oil a couple of months ago and was having about a tblspn every morning in warm water and a bit of cream. I ran out and haven't bought any more. I was wondering if it matters whether it is organic or not or if any brand is better than another. Also I would love some ideas on how to get it down. I don't really mind the taste, it's the texture that turns me. I found I felt better and my skin was good when I was taking it. I stopped the flaxseed oil when I …

• Kidney Stones

Hi Sam, the article is in this month's Readers Digest. A brief overview as follows: They're painful, they're on the rise and high protein diets may be partly to blame. The human body breaks down the protein from meat and other animal products into acids, and it's the job of the kidneys to balance these acids with bases for elimination from the body. The more meat you eat, the more calcium (one of these bases) you'll have in your kidneys and, over time, the calcium particles bind together to form…

• Kidney Stones

Hi all, I have been reading an article that says that diets high in protein can cause kidney stones and that it is on the rise. Does anyone have any info on this? Thanks

• Photos

belle - - Motivation & Resolve

Thanks Ladybird, that's a great idea. I love looking at people's before and after shots and I also find them a bit difficult to find in diaries. I'll try and be brave and put mine on too. I'll also be a regular visitor if it gets up and running, I find going back to those things helps with my motivation.:D

• another recipe site

belle - - Low Carb Recipes

Thanks Sam I had a quick look and it looks good. I wish we had all these low carb goodies at a reasonable price here!

• Handy Kitchenware

Thanks Zedgirl, those plastic containers sound just the thing for me at work. I'll have a look next time I'm browsing in Woollies. Cheers,

• Carb eating ideas

belle - - Women and Health

Many thanks Jackie, I will pass this on to my sister. Cheers

• low carb newsletter

Thanks Sam, I'll be signing up.

• Carb eating ideas

belle - - Women and Health

Hi Jacki, I wonder if you could tell me what brand protein powder you are having now. My sister tried one (not sure what brand) but she said it was really thick and very yukky. She's a bit wary now and would love to know of a brand that tastes okay. Thanks

• Track your progress!

Thanks BB, this site looks great.

• eggs eggs eggs eggs

We don't have markets as good as yours here but it's still worth a try. Cheers!

• eggs eggs eggs eggs

Thanks Sam. I love my eggs so don't want to miss out on them. I will try and find some nice person who has chooks. I will also try our local markets for free range.

• For the yogurt lovers

Bugger ...

• For the yogurt lovers

Thanks PP, I have been avoiding yogurt and I normally love it. Can't wait to get to the shops!

• Hi Bel, Average for me: BF: 2 eggs (usually fried) Snack: cheese or a few macadamias Lunch: Often eggs again or tuna and salad Snack: (After school my worst time) I get really picky at this time and could eat anything. I try to have some cheese or even cook a fillet of fish or something. Dinner: Meat and salad. I also have 3-4 cups of decaf coffee during the day with cream. They fill me up and stop me picking too much. I'm not hungry just a food-a-holic!! Cheers

• eggs eggs eggs eggs

Wow, I'm amazed at the knowledge of you guys. It was a great topic to bring up Pegasus, thanks. To get back to, sort of, the original question, does anyone think having 2 or more eggs a day is harmful if those eggs are cheap no-name brand i.e. battery cage? I don't know anyone who produces their own and really can't afford the others. What do you all think?

• Fat Fast

Thanks PP, I take you are at your goal weight! Congrats! I'd love not to be obsessed by the scales - I have been known to get on several times a day:eek:

• Fat Fast

Thanks PP. How long did you stay on it? How much did you lose? So far I am up to day 5 and I think I can hang out for another couple of days. I've lost 2kg and I'd love to lose another one to get me to my mini goal of 65kg. Did you put weight on after you went off the FF? Did you go straight onto induction? Sorry about all the questions:rolleyes: Thanks