Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 113.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Thank you everyone. I'm giving scales a break for a bit as suggested. My pants feel looser, so that is an indication to me that something IS happening. I'm seeing my naturopath again tomorrow and she may recommend a mild diuretic just to help the kidneys get rid of the excess water that I'm carrying at the moment which is a massive 26kg!

• Thanks guys Water intake is anywhere between 2-3 litres a day - the only drinks I have is green tea, maybe lemon and ginger tea but no coffee or soft drinks. Taking Resist X, Vitamin D and Meta Oil (which is like a combination of fish oil/flaxeed oil and something else) twice daily. And I have been craving salty foods so I went ape over fetta cheese! LOL My naturopath took measurements when I went to see her last, so next week when I go in, I'll be interested to see the difference altough my pan…

• I've been using Stevia I bought from the local health shop.

• Hi all I have been LC'ing for about a 2.5 weeks now, and my weight loss has stalled already! I haven't cheated at all - there were a couple of days where I wasn't exactly strict with portion sizes, but it was all veggies and protein, and some fetta cheese! These are the things I had that MAY be contributing to the stall: 1. Amount of fetta cheese 2. Had a home made coffee with the smallest amount of milk last Sunday with NO sugar 3. Used gravy on my vegetables twice, once on Sunday and once on M…

• Re: Bloody dieticians

MelbGirl08 - - Diabetes and Low Carb

Sometimes I think that these "professionals" are nothing more than shills for the pharmaceuticals and the big brand names. I went to a dietitian ages ago and got told the same thing...problem is, she offered no effective way for me to control my sugar cravings or anything like that. She said to me I should eat everything in "moderation". Well if I could eat in moderation, I would not be here, now would I? The whole session left me really disappointed in the end, I got nothing out of it.

• Hi Sherrie I think you inadvertedly treated yourself to a form of "aversion therapy" as far as cheesecake goes! en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aversion_therapy If only it could be applied to carbs as well!

• Hi Patience I've been there, done that - especially when it comes to binging on food, your 18 jam donuts is tame compared to my cheesecake binges...I used to be able to buy a whole cheesecake from the Cheesecake Shop and have it finished over the course of one weekend! I think our mental state poses the biggest challenge to weight loss and it's something I have struggled with forever. I've even considered NLP and hypnosis and all sorts of things, but ultimately, they may be a quick fix to a long…

• Re: Coconut Oil

MelbGirl08 - - Real Research and Media

After reading the posts, I went out and bought some coconut oil. I bought the Living Earth brand at the local health store, it's more of a raw organic coconut butter. It's solid but melts easily. Used it last night to grill some chicken breast with egg and LSA mix - it was lovely.

• Re: It takes a life time

MelbGirl08 - - Motivation & Resolve

Wow, I really loved that post. Completely agree with everything you wrote there IndiGirl. It does take a lifetime. What really resonates with me is that we are a bit impatient with ourselves and expect results overnight, I think that's been a major stumbling block for me as well. I'm still searching for something or some way to stop myself from falling off the wagon each time I start a new eating plan...it all comes down to keeping yourself motivated and remaining goal focussed. I wish I only ha…

• Quote from Robyn2569: “Hi Carly and welcome. What's involved in the shake it plan ?” Hi there I've just come back to the forum (again) after a time off, what a coincidence that someone else is using shake-it. Shake-It is basically a revamped eating plan based on the original Ketosystem by Metagenics. It's widely used by naturopaths and the first time I did the Ketosystem, I lost a lot of weight. Unfortunately, life happens and weight piled back on, but I've actually started seeing a new naturopa…

• I find this really disturbing. I don't believe ANYTHING written in the mass media, and I have seen a few of these articles floating around the Australian media in the last few days. All I could do is just roll my eyes and think "big pharma loves this", seeing as they're looking to introduce Codex Alimentarius some time soon, as part of the UN "vitamin safety" roll out. The tragedy is that the public generally believe the hype and start to think that the alternative medicine is all a bunch of hog…

• (NaturalNews) TIME, USA Today, MSNBC, NPR, CTV, the LA Times and numerous other mainstream media outlets have all been running a juvenile hoax over the last week. Through various misleading headlines, they're all claiming that vitamins might kill you. Here are some of the headlines: Study links vitamins to higher death rates in women - CTV Study: Vitamins may increase death risk in older women - USA Today We've Been Wasting a Ton of Money on Vitamins and Dietary Supplements - TIME Some common vi…

• I'm pretty much convinced that the country is run by TURDS. A tax on EGGS? For crying out loud. If it was KFS or McDiabetes, or something like that, but seriously? But hey, we're taxing air now so I guess it's no big surprise. It will probably be implemented here some time soon. Tell you what - won't stop me buying it.

• Citizens of Denmark who don't count saturated fat grams can count on an increase in their grocery bill this fall. In early October, Denmark officials placed a tax on foods which contain saturated fat. The new tax charges the equivalent of $1.29 per pound on all foods which contain 2.3 percent or more saturated fat. The Danish government says it's necessary to place a tax on saturated fat to increase the lifespan of its citizens. Central planners say the tax is part of a plan to raise the average…

• I'm still to see a post from Melly that I didn't agree with - I don't think she is insulting in anyway. She presents her argument fluently and backs it up. Where was this personal insult Dave? In any case, I think this goes further than the UN. UN is probably just the tip of the iceberg. Seeing as world leaders believe that humans cause climate change and we're all in danger, I'm sure the eugenicists would love a mass suicide by the world population...bad, bad,humans. Please! Is that why million…

• Apart from this ridiculous carbon tax being introduced on the basis of a compound that occurs naturally in the atmosphere, public transport was another one of my issues with this deal. How so, if we are encouraged to leave our cars at home and take PT, is it fair or reasonable that PT fares will be increased as a result of this tax? It's like penalising people who have solar panels, or some other "global warming" friendly gimmick. My monthly ticket for the train is currently $175.00 per month - …

• By Dr. Mercola Why we get fat and what to do about it is an ongoing topic on Uprising Radio in interviews with researchers at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and its Heart and Vascular Institute. In their latest studies, researchers looked at science and decades of obesity rates, and found that some old paradigms on the cause of weight gain could be off-track. They also learned that people wanting to lose weight may have more choices in how to go about it, than they thought. "Overwei…

• theage.com.au/environment/clim…asses-20111012-1ljtf.html Cannot believe this!

• Quote from Sherrie: “Traditional pyramid supports the grain industry!” Yeah, that sounds about right. I found this article: ezhealthydiet.com/food-pyramid.html Here is a short excerpt: As a member of several expert panels on diet and health in the past, I have found that nowhere is confusion more encouraged than during the creation of food and health policy. USDA, the primary sponsor of the Food Pyramid committee, has repeatedly demonstrated that it is more interested in the health of the agricu…