Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 61.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: What to do on Xmas

dani - - Low Carb Living

We are a big fan of fresh seafood at xmas, depends where you are of course. As we live in the country (only the frozen stuff here) and travel to the coast usually for xmas (this is the only one for ages we won't), fresh prawns, oysters, and bbq fish are usually on the aganda (making your own tartare with real mayonnaise, divine) with lots of fresh green salad. It is such a big treat for us and extremenly low carb to boot....hope you are on the coast and love seafood:) If so be sure to order earl…

• Thanks for the articles Snez, very interesting! I agree with some of what he says, but am mindful that at the end of the day he is just another salesman (oops sorry "friend and coach") making a c*%p load from the diet industry. He is also a bodybuilder and had probably never struggled much to maintain his weight or physique. When I 1st did low carb 15 years ago, I did lots of bodybuilding and got alot of my eating plans from bodybuilding mags - losing 35kg over about 6 months. When I cut back on…

• Forgot to say, the American tables are not very reliable, can't believe how far out with the broccoli they are though! I just use them because there are more choices than the Aust food Standards, but will be more careful and use them more now! That 5g carbs for nuts would be worst case such as cashews.

• Hi rmax, I just use the American tables alot or Aust food standars - alot of your list can be quite variable but I came up with the following basic calcs. Breakfast 40 g DOnna Aston protein supreme powder - 0.3 g carbs 50 g frozen cherries - 5.5 g carbs .5 C low fat milk - 5.8 g carbs Total: 11.6 g carbs Snack: 1 apple (medium 19.0 g carbs), 30 g raw nuts (depends on the type but around 5 g carbs) or 30 g cheese (cheddar - 0.4 g carbs). Total: 19.4 (with cheese) or 24 (with nuts) g carbs Lunch 1…

• Re: EMERGENCY NUMBER ***

dani - - The Lounge

According to hoax slayer Quote: “ However, because '112' is primarily integrated with the GSM network, it may not always work if the phone is connected to another type of network such as 3G. Thus, it would always be wisest to use your country's primary emergency number in the first instance when dialling from both mobile and fixed phones. ” see hoax-slayer.com/lauren-677.html and acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/pc=PC_100575 and remember 112 will not work on your home phone!

• Re: Hi from kerry

dani - - Introduce Yourself

Hi Kerry, I am nearly 40 (6 :)hopefully long months to go). I did Atkins (not strictly, but generally that concept) successfully for 10 years when I was younger (pre child and heaps of time to lol around the gym:D). After I had my son 2 years ago (put on 40kg in pregnancy:eek:), I went back to doing what I did pre baby but it wasn't working. I am doing bodytrim now (only started 3 weeks ago), was doubtful as they allow a piece of bread in the morning (and I am a "have one piece, need the whole l…

• Re: Colloidal silver and shingles

dani - - Supplements

I took colloidal silver for a while, didn't feel much benefit, but I now take a multi mineral supplement daily that contains silver. But I still use colloidal silver like an antiseptic, great for clearing up skin irritations! Like Shez too, I use it on my dog, fabulous for when they get a cut on the paw, doesn't sting when you apply it! Seems to heal up fast.

• Re: GODSEND!!

Welcome Kizzy, hope you settle in well! You sound alot like me. I am 39, (only 8 months til the dreaded 40!). I have a 21 month old son prior to which I maintained a health 70-80kg weight through low carb lifestyle (initially lost 35kg back when I was 26-27). I put on 40kg when pregnant (had gestational diabetes) and since having my son I have struggled to get the weight back down. I went back to the same methods I used previously 9running lots and hight protein/fat) at New Year this year, but i…

• Re: :( need some support :(

dani - - Motivation & Resolve

Hi Rose Willow, I hope that'is it, I will see what my weekly weigh in brings next Saturday. With the muffins, I cheated and bought a packet mix empowerfoods.com.au/products/?product_id=5 but I want to try this one as they look really yummy recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=641301 but with the big gain this week I will wait till things settle down! There is also a great muffin thread in here so am going to maybe try a couple of them too.

• Re: Coconut Sugar?

dani - - Low Carb Beginners

Thanks Sherrie, I will try the stevia erythritol blend and let you know how it is, I think I will get the two separate also, I have a grinder I can use for the erythritol, will check out their vitamins too.

I do hope so Sherrie, time will tell I guess, I will weigh myself next Saturday (all muffins are gone now so will be a full week without them) and see if I'm back on track!

Hi Truman, just a quick note, I made some lindseed/cocoa muffins this week and served with cream, also took some to work to have at morning tea and I have gained 300g:eek: That is my highest gain since I started at beginning of year! With your experience also, I am steering clear of the lindseed muffins also! I will not attempt them again until I reach my goal weight is my thoughts!

• Re: Coconut Sugar?

dani - - Low Carb Beginners

Sherrie, do you mind if I use your reference number too? I am thinking of buying some also. I have been using the hermesetas brand that you buy in the supermarket but am keen to try this one. The only stevia/erythritol mix i found was (NuNaturals, NuStevia, White Stevia, NoCarbs, 3.5 oz (98 g)), is that the one you get? I see they sell them separately too.

Hi Truman, I have done low carb since January, only lost 9 kg so far, but I regularly have cream (in a nightly decaff and with any low carb desserts) and have found no such weight jump. I have a pack of the flaxseed in the pantry, was going to make a bread with it but haven't tried so can't comment on that. As you are doing so well and 3kg is a big jump, is it possible you have some other reason like fluid retention or something? Perhaps the cold weather change last week may have had something t…

• Re: a new disease that hits us all

dani - - The Lounge

I'm still a year off 40, but I am sure I have this disease....hahaha, very funny!:D

• Hi Helga, I have about 25-30 kg to lose too:), about 10 down so far (I have set 1st goal at 20 but need to lose more to be "healthy weight range"). I did low carb with much success for 10 years prior to a pregnancy, am finding it slower this time (possibly largey due to not being able to devote so much time to exercise with a little one running about), slow but sure! Welcome and nice to meet you!

• Re: new member introduction

Hope you are finding your way around better now Paula, took me ages to start with also. When you click on a recipe it should take you into the thread, but you should still be on the Pinch of Health website. Basically, in the forum, there are several main sections, such as different discussions, members diaries (I have one in there), and of course the recipes. Then inside of that there is a bunch of "threads" such as desserts, beef, protein bars etc, then inside of a thread is a bunch of "posts",…

• Re: new member introduction

Hi Paula, sounds like you are doing great! 20 years married, wow that's excellent! I am here to lose baby weight (he's 19 months old now), but this way of eating is pretty much a way of life for me (I did it with great success for 10 years prior to baby), I don't do BT, just general low carb based on Atkins. I like a good film too, do you have any favourite Aussie flicks? Have you checked out the recipe section of the forum? I spend hours in there trauling about! Just click on forum in the green…

• Re: Facebook

dani - - The Lounge

Am happy for low carbers to add me on facebook too, my name on there is Danielle Ewington. I have started looking for a few food/recipe related groups on there too, will be nice to see if anyone else has found some good ones.

• Now I'm getting more and more confused on this:confused:, found this new factsheet on theAust National food standards website foodstandards.gov.au/sciencean…phenolabpaandfood4701.cfm and it suggests BPA not a real concern, not sure which way to go, but it still sounds like not a really pleasant thing and should be avoided but maybe I shouldn't be so worried.:rolleyes: