Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 170.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Quote from jojoamethyst: “ha ha - i am just using the calcium caseinate cos i dont have the wpi” Figures LOL Quote: “getting great results” But you're not using a sandwich press right? How are you getting them flat - just making a thinner mixture and letting it spread in a pan? One thing I should mention regarding the texture of these wraps; when just cooked and ready to be lifted off the sandwich press, they are very fragile and will easily break apart. I slide an egg slice underneath and very …

• Quote from jojoamethyst: “yep - so a double post now i need some calcium caseinate” You don't need the calcium caseinate. I don't use it anymore, I just use WPI now.

• Quote from Prothvar: “I'm on my last kg of erythritol that I was getting from my supplier but he isn't doing it any more I've been trying to find a source that sells it at a reasonable price - at the moment I have found 1 place at $55 as kilo .. which is a $35/kg increase on what I have been paying. Anybody got any suggestions?? Ta Tan xx” You can now get erythritol in Perth. Last time I was in my local health food store I asked one of the ladies that works there about Nature’s Goodness ‘No-Cal’…

• Re: Low Carb Cereal/Granola/Porridge

zedgirl - - Breakfast

I bake stuff with it. Here is an example: empowerfoods.com.au/recipes/?recipe_id=93 If you have a look at their recipe page: empowerfoods.com.au/recipes/ Also do a search for FibreX in the forum section, you'll find plenty of recipes using it.

• Re: Low Carb Cereal/Granola/Porridge

zedgirl - - Breakfast

Quote from Axis: “When eating cereals like these on LC, what do you have 'with' them - ie not milk I presume? So water and a bit of cream? Or any other suggestions?” I don't eat it as a cereal but if I did I would have cream, coconut cream or unsweetened Greek yoghurt - all topped with berries.

• This recipe ticks a lot of boxes for me; it's quick, easy, really tasty and easily made with ingredients I always have in the fridge.

• I made this the other night when I was just cooking for myself and really enjoyed it. My DH doesn't like cheesy/creamy sauces much so it's perfect for when I'm home alone. I used a mixture of vegies (Brussels sprouts, red capsicum, carrot, onion, zucchini) as that's what I had left in the fridge.

• Quote from Snez: “ FibreX Substitute Originally posted by sambalam i promised somewhere that i'd come up with some sort of sub for the empower brand fibreX as some people like it but find it too $$$$. 1 1/4 cups whey protein isolate 1 1/4 cups almond meal 3/4 cup plus 1 tbsp linseed meal 1/4 cup plus 2 tsp ground sunflower seeds 1/4 cup psyllium husk combine ingredients and store in a container in the fridge. you make it the same way as fibreX. edited: i meant to give credit to someone from anot…

• Re: Low Carb Lemon Curd

zedgirl - - Desserts and Sweets

Well I haven’t had a failure yet as far as using different flavours. Funnily enough, the lemon curd is my least favourite of all the ones I’ve made so far. I thought it had a slightly ‘off’ flavour but DH said it was just like his mum used to make. I also think it depends on the sweeteners you use (I use a cocktail of erythritol, stevia, polyd and inulin). The raspberry curd had a sort of cheesecake flavour about it and the passionfruit was my favourite until I made the lime curd again last week…

• Re: Low Carb Lemon Curd

zedgirl - - Desserts and Sweets

Hi Sherrie I've been making a fair bit of curd myself lately. If you like curd, try making it with fresh lime juice, passionfruit or pureed raspberries. My latest batch of lime curd was heaven!

• Quote from Sherrie: “Ack sorry about that, having webhost problems and the increase in traffic after that today tonight segment made things worse, ” What was on Today Tonight??

• Quote from PP: “OMFG! Its not this poor cakes day..lol...power went out 40 minutes into cooking, was off for over an hour...lets see if it survives.” I can't wait to see the result - it'll probably be the best cake ever! If I forget to use something, it's usually the melted butter that I leave sitting in the microwave.:o

• Quote from AmieJ: “Wats WPI??? And can u use any type of sweetner with this cake? Cheers Amie” The WPI is not necessarily crucial - I just like to add it to lessen the amount of almond meal I use and mix things up a bit, lower the carb count and boost protein levels etc. If you intend buying some, make sure you get the unflavoured whey protein isolate as it has practically zero carbs. Whey protein concentrate and whey powder are higher in carbs. WPI is quite expensive too. I'm sure any granular …

• I make this on a regular basis. All I do is sub the sugar with my own blend of sweeteners and instead of using syrup I just top the cake with flaked almonds. I also use a little whey protein isolate instead of all almond meal. This cake tastes much better when cool. orange-almond-cake.jpg This is the recipe I use: Orange and Almond Cake 200g navel orange puree 1½ eggs (90g) 2 egg whites (75g) ¼ - ½ cup granular sweetener liquid sweetener (optional) ½ tsp baking powder 130g almond meal 10g WPI Si…

• I came across this article on starch blockers the other day: phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19063645.php

• Glad it worked out for you!

• Wow Sherrie that looks delicious! Baked cheesecakes are my absolute favourite texture-wise but I’ve never been a fan of chocolate cheesecakes. This one might make me change my mind though!

• Yes, as Shez said it probably wouldn't make much difference if you left it out or subbed it with more of something else. I often change the ratio of ingredients in my baking recipes without it affecting the end result much - if at all.

• Quote from Sherrie: “Zedgirl I bought some more cream cheese yesterday and it is still $1.49 each. I am guessing you guys pay a bit more for fuel?” Probably. I haven't checked the price of it lately though - I still haven't used up the first lot that I bought. While on the subject - one minor thing that I like about the homebrand product is that it's much easier to manage out of a tub than in a wrapper - not so messy.

• That looks very chocolately! On the subject of Swiss rolls, I had a go at making one recently but it was a bit of a flop. I didn't start out with an original recipe but improvised with some ingredients I thought would work. It was edible but too fragile so I couldn't roll it without it breaking up. I've still got it on my to-do list so I'll have another go soon.