Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 20.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Cholesterol on Atkins

vandi - - Health

That article was about just another person like myself that now has high cholesterol as a result of Atkins. Bah !

• Re: Chat Room Maybe?

vandi - - Geek Forum

I went to the chatroom and talked to myself for a while. Anyone want to set a night time, after kids are in bed chat time?

• That is similar to the muffins I made recently and they sucked ! lol. I think its better to keep the cheesecake part well away from the chocolate part. They don't seem to go well together. Not a marriage made in heaven. Not the ones I made anyway !

• Oh My God I Want Some ! Seriously TOM needs a piece of that !

• Re: Hello from Alice

vandi - - Introduce Yourself

Hexi, I admire your weight loss ! Welcome !

• Defrosting the pizza base may make the pizza a little soggy. Not game to waste any to find out lmao.

• I bought 2 cauliflowers today at $2.99 each. I made the first pizza base, turned out perfectly. I omitted the fennel coz I don't like fennel. Added fresh parsley and dried oregano, salt and pepper. Once out of the oven I added pizza sauce (bought at Woolies) and thinly sliced pepperoni and topped with a chunk of mozzarella. Grilled it for 5 minutes and voila. It was so good I made a double serve for dinner. That was from 1 cauliflower. I have the other one which I will boil tomorrow. Tip: cut up…

• Re: Curry Recipes

vandi - - Low Carb Recipes

Easy Prawn Curry (Serves 4) It is a homestyle South Indian recipe handed down. They are usually the best ! INGREDIENTS 1/4 cup vegetable oil 1 large onion, chopped 10 fresh curry leaves (optional) 1tsp grated ginger 1tsp ground coriander 2/3 tsp salt 1/2 tsp ground turmeric 1 tomato, finely chopped 1tsp ground red chilli powder 1kg g medium prawns - peeled and deveined 60 ml or 1/4 cup water 1tsp garam masala chopped fresh parsley or coriander to taste DIRECTIONS Heat the oil in a wok or large s…

• Re: new mince recipe

vandi - - Meat Recipes

I love cooking with mince. That sounds like what I might make tomorrow night Sinders. I make a nice cheeseburger meatloaf where the cheese oozes out of the slice....woot woot. You should make this the LC Mince thread. Take a photo !

• Roasted Capsicum with Haloumi

vandi - - Vegetable Recipes

Piperies Gemistes me Halloumi- Roasted Capsicum with Haloumi. I made this for lunch today and I almost wanted to eat the lot ! So tasty. Serves 6 3 large red capsicum or 6 small 2tbsp olive oil 3 garlic cloves, sliced thinly 12 fresh mint leaves 250g haloumi cheese grated rind and juice of 1 lemon 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme 3 tbsp pine nuts pepper 1. Cut the capsicums in half lengthwise and remove the core and seeds. Rub the skins in oil then arrange skin side down on an oiled baking sheet. 2. S…

• Re: Low Carb GREEK Recipes

vandi - - Meat Recipes

No prob Sherrie, will take a photo when it's ready !

• Pork chops with egg and lemon sauce

vandi - - Meat Recipes

I am from a Greek background and I have some GREEK RECIPES. I cook from 'Food of the world GREECE' by Susanna Tee and other good cookbooks. I'm cooking this tonight and it's low carb. Hirino Avgolemono- Pork chops with egg and lemon sauce. Serves 4 4 Pork loin chops Pepper 2 tbsp olive oil bunch of spring onions, white parts sliced thinly. 1 cos lettuce sliced thinly widthwise 1tbsp chopped fresh dill 1 cup chicken stock 2 eggs juice of 1 large lemon salt Season the pork steaks with pepper. Heat…

• Re: I am Desperate

vandi - - Motivation & Resolve

Welcome to the site, you will find great support here !

• Re: How many people....

vandi - - Low Carb Beginners

Yeah thanks for your support. You rock !

• Re: Muffins

vandi - - Cakes, Muffins and Cheesecakes

I'm going to make the coconut muffins too, sounds delish.

• And the winner is Sydeney. Inner west.

• Re: Constipation and Laxatives

vandi - - Low Carb Beginners

I bought Benefiber. I get worried if I haven't had a BM after 1 day !

• Are you serious? This has got to be the recipe of the century. I am on induction, don't tell anyone. Hey ! I can't see why I can't have them on induction. Can I? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Those recipes are absofrickenlutely amazing.

• Off the topic of duck eggs. If you live in Sydney then the Pendle Hill Meat Market has the cheapest and best quality meats. It featured on Today Tonight a few weeks ago. They sell every cut of meat you can think of and are very cheap. I live on the other side of Sydney but I stock up once a month. 2kilos of lamb cutlets for $20, now thats cheap ! Just hop on the M4. Address is 138 Bungaree Rd Pendle Hill. Cheers.

• Too Fat

vandi - - Introduce Yourself

Hi, I'm from Sydney. Before children I was 65 kilos. Now I'm 111 kilos. I'm looking forward to starting L/C today. v.