Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 168.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Stumbled across this this morning, it's the Carbohydrate Addicts diet summary. Now see where it says only 1 cup of coffee with cream is allowed due to the carb content! HUH???? The Diet offers two different types of meals: The complementary meal and the Reward Meal. The Complementary Meal contains recommended foods from a large list to choose from. You can eat one serving of meat, plus 2 cups of vegetables. A Complementary Snack is a smaller version of the meal. The Reward Meal allows any size o…

• Re: Low Carb Menu Ideas

Janine2203 - - Low Carb Living

Sherrie I did try upping my fat but I think I have this mental issue going on, I go between trimming the fat off the meat to leaving it on! I'm pretty sure I've slipped into the old rut of reducing calories so I'll follow some of these menus and see what happens. One weird thing happened a few weeks ago, went to lunch and decided to blow it, think I had nachos or something like that and that week I lost more than usual. weird!!! Sherrie, which cheesecake recipe did you use in your menus and was …

• Re: Knitting help - pattern

Janine2203 - - The Lounge

great thanks heaps!

• Knitting help - pattern

Janine2203 - - The Lounge

Does anyone have a pattern for a Feathers bolero for ages 1 to 4???? I'd greatly appreciate it if someone has one and could send me a photocopy. Janine

how come most weight loss diets say you should have 1200/day to lose weight! I'm really confused! I guess if I try one of those menus for a week I'll find out huh?

after reading those menus I wonder if I don't eat enough! when I stall I reduce what I eat and I just keep stalling and staying stalled for a month or more! I have about the same amount of protein as in those menus but I'd say my carbs are way down, maybe I've not been calculating them corrrectly..a typical lunch salad with my protein would be 6 thin slices cuc 1 slice beetroot (sometimes) 50g tomato 2 small lettuce leaves or 1 big 2 slices onion about 20g capsicum it's plenty to eat for me, I d…

• Sherrie Sherrie Sherrie! I would never be offended by you moving posts around to where you think they should be!!! go right ahead and don't ask again!:)

• Re: Ketosis and Diet Coke

oops I meant to post this and forgot till you mentioned it Dave. All the Diet Rites have the same carbs and sugar count of 1.4g per 200ml.

• I was thinking the carbs were probably from the 125ml skim milk you have to add which I forgot to mention! LOL either way I threw it out!!!

• 2 servings per sachet, 1 serving is: Energy 267kj protein 4.6g Fat Total2.4g (saturated 2.2g) Carbs 8.7 Sugars 3.9g Sodium 91mg it does contain Aspartame! just found that out!

• I have lamb shanks cooking in the pot as the old boy rang and requested soup for tonight - problem is normally in the past I'd have put potatoes and carrots in it amongst other things...now what vegies can go in a soup from the low carb range that taste okay in the soup???? On hand I have cauliflower, celery, zucchini, (as well as carrots and tomatoes) and I don't want to drive to the shops today as it's pouring.

• are we allowed to use those Weight Watcher's mousse sachets? I've got one sitting in the cupboard but haven't used it as I didn't know if we could...I was considering trying to make it up with pure cream???? any ideas anyone??

• Sherrie, did I see somewhere you mentioned colour 952 or something about 952? what is it about it I'm seeing it on labels.

ooooh so would the general consensus be to go with the Diet Rite and the little bit of carbs and sugars rather than anything with phenylalanine or aspartame in it?????? thank goodness I rarely have a soft drink maybe 1 or 2 small glasses a week.

I checked the Diet Rite range in the Supermarket today, all the Diet Rite range have 1.4g carbs in 200ml and 1.4g sugars in 200ml. It's made by P&N pnbeverages.com.au they have a Diet Crush range which doesn't have any carbs or sugars, but I couldn't see that it had 'aspartame' in it unless it's another name for 'phenylalanine' ???? is it???

be careful which flavours you buy in the Diet Rite range, the orange and the passionfruit are fine but the Roze (grape flavoured red) one does contain carbs so remember to check the labels on these new P&N drinks range.

• Have they just put him on diet control to control the sugars? You'll still get some good advice, when to take bsl's and recognising hypos which aren't a real threat when only on diet control so you will learn some stuff from the educator. The dietitian will probably explain the carbo portion control diet to him. Is he interested in doing low carb for control do you know? It is good to go there though, they'll sign him up for the National Diabetic Service Scheme which gives him discounts on some …

• Hehe! I KNOW! more for me! I know Mum won't find it sweet enough she has a very sweet tooth, plus it has no base! hehe but it keeps calling my name from the fridge...so far I'm not listening but will I make it through to tomorrow.???

• Sherrie, the cheesecake was a success, I used the mascarpone as couldn't find the neufchatel anywhere! I added just a touch of philly and used pure cream and lemon and lime juice! yummo!!! didn't use very much splenda about 2 teaspoons was enough, for me at least, bad luck if the others don't think it's sweet enough!! LOL

• yes there are Diabetes Association offices, one in Sydney, it's like the hub - they have diabetes educators, products, doctors, dietitians there!