Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 26.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• This is the recipe I use for chicken kebabs, wings or drumsticks Turkish chicken shish kebabs (For stronger flavour, rub spice mix into chicken the day before. Use metal skewers, they cook the meat faster). 1 large red onion, skin on and halved 1.5 tbsp flaked sea salt 1 large clove garlic (I usually put in a couple, love garlic) 1.5 tsp dried chilli flakes 1.5 tbsp mixed spice (wasn't sure what they meant by this so I use a Baharat spice mix recipe I found on the net) 2 tsp sweet smoked paprika…

• Re: Vâche Qui Rit Soup

mightee-mouse - - Soup Recipes

I just looked at the package - each wedge is 15g.

• Re: Vâche Qui Rit Soup

I use four sections of Laughing Cow cheese - enough to add some creaminess.

• Smoky Squash Soup

Smoky Squash Soup (French Food at Home) 4 pounds squash or pumpkin, seeded, cut into 1" chunks and peeled 1 tbsp olive oil 6 x slices smoky bacon, chopped 1 x medium onion Water or stock, as needed 1 cup cream or milk salt and pepper pinch nutmeg About 2 Tbsp crème fraiche or sour cream (optional) About 2 Tbsp chopped chives (optional) Directions: Smoky Squash Soup Heat the oven to 400ºF/200ºC. Toss the squash chunks with the oil in a roasting pan, and bake until very soft, about an hour. Fry th…

• Vâche Qui Rit Soup

Vâche Qui Rit Soup (from French Food at Home) 1 x onion, finely sliced (I use a leek quite often) 2 pounds zucchini, chopped 2 cups water or chicken stock Salt and pepper to season pinch cumin (optional) Vâche qui Rit (Laughing Cow, Boursin or cream cheese) Directions: Vâche Qui Rit Soup Put the onion and zucchini in a pot and pour the water over. (The water will not cover the vegetables.) Season with salt and pepper, add the cumin, cover, and cook until soft, about 15 minutes. Add the cheese an…

• *Added* All Recipes Low Carb section(I get their newsletter w/new recipes as well) *simply recipes already added*

• Turkey Meatloaf

mightee-mouse - - Chicken / Poultry

This recipe is from Chef at Home. I halved the recipe and used a sprinkling of FiberX replacing breadcrumbs - it turned out tasty.:) Ingredients: Turkey Meatloaf 2 tbsp vegetable oil 2 x onions, peeled and sliced 4 x garlic cloves, minced 8 ounces button mushrooms, cleaned and chopped 2 pounds of ground turkey 1/2 cup milk 1 cup breadcrumbs 2 x eggs 1 can (156 ml) tomato paste A few dashes Worcestershire sauce 1 tbsp dried thyme or oregano Salt and pepper to taste Directions: Turkey Meatloaf Pre…

• Recipe from Nigella Lawson's website. 12 lamb rib chops 4 x 15ml tablespoons olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons for frying 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes 1 teaspoon dried oregano zest and juice of 1 small lemon 1 teaspoon Maldon salt or 1/2 teaspoon table salt 15 black olives, pitted and sliced 1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (optional) Serving Size : Serves 4 METHOD 1. Layer the rib chops between clingfilm and flatten gently with a rolling pin or mal…

• Sam, sounds like Wii gave you a good work-out. I know nothing about Nintendo but have been curious - then I saw it in the Big W catalog this wee and the wheels are turning... I'm going back to the basics (induction) as well next week as well as adding a tap dancing (!) class. I think too much dairy (and salt) have been my downfall. Also, I will be starting a diary in hopes it will help.

• Sorry to hear that you fell, sam - hope you're okay now. Quote: “Hey MM, you're not going crazy! I had to restore from a back up that was a few hours old as I ran into some hiccups with the forum.” Thanks Sherrie - I thought I was losing my marbles, lol. I usually weigh myself once a week but made the mistake of stepping on the scales today and went UP a little. I oughtn't let it rattle me, esp. if I've been on plan...but still... Had too much salt the last couple days...I'm getting a bit slack …

• Wow, that's strange - I posted here a few hours ago and it has disappeared. I'm sure I saw it there before. :-/ My exercise has been okay (missed a couple swim sessions), despite feeling a lot less energetic this week...I think there's a problem with potassium, plus I haven't been drinking enough water (a constant issue for me). I only lost .5 lbs - there will be weeks like that! Let's see if this posts okay, lol. Have a good week everyone - Cheers, M*M

• I had a pretty good week - weighed-in on Monday and lost 3.5 lbs. Re:exercise: Sunday I took an hour walk, Monday, 45 on the runner and 50 laps, Tuesday yoga. Hope everyone is going well this week. Hang in there, Sam - you'll break that plateau yet!

• Hiya - Here's my wrap-up of the last couple days: Thurs: 45 on the runner, 52 laps in the pool Fri: 1 hour yoga, 20 mins on the runner, running! phew. Will go swimming tomorrow and possibly go for a nice long walk on Sunday if the weather is good. How's everyone else doing? Have a good weekend- M*M

• Hi everyone - This week has been all go so far: Mon: 45 on the runner, mowed the laws(big job!); Tues, 1 hour yoga; Wed, 45 jog/walk on the runner and 52 laps in the pool. It's great to have the energy to actually do this much exercise - it would not have been the case a month ago. Tomorrow is 45 walk, possibly another swim and Friday is yoga. Whoop! Hope everyone is going well. Sam, good to hear you're feeling better.

• Hi Sam - Yes, the yoga is dynamic (Ki yoga) - great for the core muscles. I was looking at your little icon - looks like she's on the e-machine, lol. I didn't get to go for my swim yesterday, between work, cooking and going to the movies w/hubby (The International w/Naomi Watts & Clive Owen - good action flick), for his bday. But today I went on the trusty runner for 40 mins and am going swimming this arvo. Have a good Sunday everyone! Cheers, m*m

• Hiya, I just weighed myself this morning - down 2.5 pounds.:) Congrats to all to lost and hang in to those who didn't! Donkeybrook, those psyllium pancakes w/no sugar maple syrup sound great. I'll have to scout around for the syrup and find the pancake recipe....yumm...

• Hi, Can I join in too? I think the check-ins would do me good, plus it's great to read what others are doing. I did 1 hour of intense yoga today, going on the runner for about 40 mins shortly. Tomorrow I'll go for a swim. Sam, do you have an elliptical machine at home? I use to belong to Fitness First, that was my favourite machine! I have a gym-quality runner at home but wish I had an e-trainer.

• Hi everyone, Thought I'd post how things are going.:) I've been on Atkins four weeks and have lost about 14lbs (I say about as I didn't weigh myself until a couple days into the plan...couldn't face the scales!). I'm trying to stick close to induction carb rate, although ventured out a bit - I had reduced carb tortillas (breakfast burritos, yum), on the weekend. Nice to have bread again, lol. The recipe threads have been a great resource - thanks to all who contributed. Have a good day! M*M

• Thanks to everyone for these wonderful recipes! I just bought a crock pot and am excited to get started.

• Thanks for this delicious recipe, Elizabeth. I've made it a couple times and it's wonderfully satisfying.