Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 78.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Here is a recipe... haven't tried it myself but you could give it a whirl.

• Re: Icecreams

Evey - - Desserts and Sweets

Yeah I agree moderation is the key. Without these little things I personally think you are more likely to fall off the wagon, and then feel guilty about it. Thats the other problem that starts the spiral downwards. You shouldn't feel guilty at all. I'm loving these recipes! Keep them coming! I need to get my KA icecream attachment out and have a go!

• Re: Hi all.......

Evey - - Introduce Yourself

Hi Haneen! Welcome to APOH! I look forward to getting to know you and following your LC journey. Goodluck!

• Zucchini Boats

Evey - - Vegetable Recipes

I had absolutely nothing in my cupboard today for lunch, so scrounging with the last ingredients I had I came up with this... and boy was it yummy! Tuna, Fetta & Mozza Zucchini Boats 1 Zucchini 1 tin of tuna (I used the medium sized tin, its not the mini tins its not the large ones its in between) 2/3 c buffalo mozzarella 1/4-1/2 cup crumbled fetta (we buy the pre crumbled tub from south cape YUMMY) 2 Tbs kewpie mayo (0 carbs) Pepper 1 tbs cream Wash the Zucchini, cut in half and scoop out the m…

• Re: cabbage and meat 'pie'

Evey - - Meat Recipes

Thanks hen. Whats the Carb Count on the Gravox. I've steered clear as I always just assumed it would be high in carbs as its got thickeners in it. But if not it would be good to use occasionally!

• Re: Caffeine

Evey - - Low Carb Beginners

There was a section in the atkins book (the 2002 vsn) that said something along the lines of for some people caffeine stalls weightloss others it doesn't, so you see what it does for you and if it has no affect on your loss its fine. I'll try and find the exact quote.

• Re: cabbage and meat 'pie'

Evey - - Meat Recipes

Sounds fab! What is thick gravy mix? I think I'll give this a go this week!

• Re: New Biggest Loser series

Evey - - The Lounge

A gf of mine (who has recently had a wl transformation) calls it fat survivor... and I totally agree with her. I hated that show and hate this one. I'm very glad reality shows are on the way out... over them!

• Re: Xanthan Gum

Evey - - Low Carb Living

I hope to be exploring the use of xanthan gum soon. Especially for things like sauces and gravies

• Re: GRRRRR

Evey - - Low Carb Beginners

Protein isn't a problem or you wouldn't be able to eat chicken on LC As for sugar cravings, I get them sometimes. I keep some of the fruit flavoured extra on hand so I can feel like I'm having something sweet even if I'm not. I especially like the strawberry tropical burst gum Goodluck, once you get over this hurdle it will get easier I promise!

• Re: Zero Carb Thread

Evey - - Low Carb Living

Congratulations A friday the 13th wedding! I love it!

• I would say given the fact that butter has milk solids which aren't entirely fat I would say olive oil.

• Well I have read a few different risotto recipes now using cauli rice, and none of them really grabbed me so I decided to play and make my own And what a rip roaring success! This recipe is for 1 (because DH doesn't like cauli so I made normal risotto with the same base ingredients in another pan for him and the kids!) I also have to confess I LOVE cauli rice. How I cook mine is simpler than rice. I stick about 1/4 head into my tupperchef chopper (the big one) and chop it till its rice like in s…

• I saw this on one of the trashy news programs last night - was funny to watch! As for Dr's I have 2 Dr's that support my LC ways, and my gf's Dr supports hers too. Shop around Dave there are plenty out there! But I too was worried given previous experience that all Dr's were anti LC.

• I saw a recipe on another LC forum, the recipe itself wasn't hers by all accounts so I can't really give her the credit iykwim? BUT it looked really easy. It was just grated cheddar cheese in a fry pan that would eventually crisp up once cooled (after it has been cooked till it forms a golden gooey mess). So many people swear by them. I have made cheese crisps before but never thought of doing them on a larger scale to make shells. Anyone tried them? Quote from Lauren78: “Heres a recipe for chee…

• Re: Hi all - again!

Welcome back Linda Look forward to following your journey!

• Re: Damo's pinch of health

Hi Damo Welcome to POH Loved your introduction, seems your sense of humour is intact and that will definitely help I'm sure you'll do real well on LC! Goodluck, look forward to getting to know you!

• Re: Rae's Introduction

Welcome Rae! Goodluck with your weightloss journey!

• Re: Low-carb and Loving it!

Thanks for sharing Definitely not tongue in cheek. So what does a Trailing Spouse do? Geochemistry sounds exciting! Thanks for sharing all your links, look forward to getting to know you better.

• Re: Low-carb and Loving it!

Welcome expat, why don't you share a bit more about yourself