Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 31.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Hi Sherrie, thanks for thinking about me and for figuring out a way that we can communicate and not disturb your beauty sleep. This site is the greatest for inspiration, recipes, research - the works. I've been fiddling with the Ostplattar recipe in an attempt to make a crunchy snack type cracker. I added sesame seeds and Parmesan cheese, spread the batter thinly on a baking sheet. Baked at 400 for a shorter time. The bottom of the crackers were still a bit soft so I put it in a dehydrater at 11…

• Update: I make a new batch of these rolls every couple of days since Pete likes them so they don't last long. Revised the recipe to make 8 rolls. Experimenting with different flavors and toppings - sunflower seeds, garlic bread seasoning (no need for additional salt), and freshly grated Parm (using big hole on grater) are delish. You can also use one or two rolls to make tasty a breakfast sandwich (roll, egg, ham/bacon/sausage). I haven't tried cutting one horizontally to use as a sandwich base …

• Hi Sherrie, Re: gut health. Do you make yogurt? It's so easy. Just milk and starter. In Greece, where refrigeration is limited, yogurt is a mainstay of their diets. You heat milk to 170-180F (near boiling), turn off the heat. When the milk temperature drops to about 105F, add your starter, put the milk into a container or several small containers. I have a yogurt maker that keeps the milk at around 100 but it isn't necessary. You can just wrap up the container in a couple of towels, put in a war…

• Ham and Egg Cups

pamchesbay - - Egg Recipes

This looks good! I like recipes that make several servings and for meals you can grab on the fly. I'll try this one today. Thanks!

• Hi Sherrie, I tried to edit the post to remove specific info in the recipe. I wasn't able to edit the post tho I have been able to edit earlier posts. After searching the forum, found info about an upgrade and info that people can edit a post for 24 hrs, that this is a protection against spammers. I was outside the 24 hr window. I agree with you re reducing sweeteners in foods. I am lucky - I was raised in the country, no grocery stores nearby and long before convenience foods came onto the mark…

• Hi all, Splenda (granulated), Splenda or sucralose (liquid), erythritol, xylitol, stevia ("Pure Via Stevia" ... Yikes! confused.png I'm confused about sweeteners - how you decide which one (or two or three) to use in a particular type of recipe, equivalents, etc. When I was on Atkins years ago, we had granulated Splenda - that was a big improvement over other products available in 2003-2004. When I read recipes now, they often list two sweeteners and sometimes three! For example: In this recipe …

• BUMP! Made a batch of these today - wow! So easy and delish. You said you got tired of these after a while because you had them everyday. I'll just alternate cheesecake recipes - your cheesecake thread is fabulous. A day without cheesecake is like a day without sunshine. Thanks, Sherrie!

• Psylluim pancakes

pamchesbay - - Breakfast

Thanks Sherrie. I'll give these a try after the company leaves. It's great to have adult kids, their spouses, and g'kids together but it requires an unbelievable amount of work to make sure everyone has a good time. The g'kids and their friends fished off the dock until 2 am - caught 14 fish and a small shark (threw it back). They are sleeping in tents so woke up early with the sun. Almost comatose now, trying to start their engines for another day before they have to leave.

• Baked Ham and Cheese Custard

Like the idea of bacon and leeks - would give interesting texture. I'll be interested to see how you approach the Asian version.

• Baked Ham and Cheese Custard

Love savory! I'd try it this weekend but we have a houseful of company - adult kids, grandkids, friends of g'kids so I'm cooking and washing up nonstop. We are closing in on the official end of summer in the States (Labor Day weekend) so people who live within driving distance of a coast flock to the beaches for their last visit of the summer. The timing is odd - our weather is fabulous in Sept and Oct - better than July and Aug - unless we get hit by a hurricane or TS. School starts right after…

• Thai Fish Cakes

pamchesbay - - Seafood Recipes

bump. Love Thai Food, those fish cakes look great.

• Easy Low Carb Ice Cream

pamchesbay - - Desserts and Sweets

I haven't made gelato yet. Would love to give it a try. Your hard drive crashed? What a bummer. My Mac crashed a few months ago, I feel your pain.

• Easy Low Carb Ice Cream

pamchesbay - - Desserts and Sweets

Haven't made ANY ice cream since starting LC this summer. Just saw an article by Melissa Clark for an "intensely-flavored, light-textured" egg-free ice cream. nytimes.com/2010/08/04/dining/04appetite.html Melissa wrote: "From the perspective of a home cook, egg-free ice creams are simpler than custard-based ones, and more foolproof. You don’t have to worry about tempering the yolks, or fear curdling. A few spoonfuls of bourbon soften the texture of the ice cream, which otherwise would freeze roc…

• 3rd Try w Psyllium husks - Excellent! Look fine, taste even better. Think the key was psyllium husks. Half have sesame seeds on top, the others are topped with Parmesan. Recipe is a keeper. Thanks Sherrie! apinchofhealth.com/forum/index…b54b7743723608ba4827df5e1

• Excellent article

pamchesbay - - Low Carb Beginners

Good summation of the positions against LC and why they are erroneous. Thanks!

• Thank you, Sherrie. I've read many of your posts - old and new. I'm struck by how well you know your body and how you respond to different circumstances. You know when you are in ketosis without looking at ketosticks. Like observing a skilled musician tuning her instrument. Awesome! Checked out the Macronutrients calculator - cool tool! You were right on the money - keep calories around 1400, P C F = 105, 18, 101. Guess you've done this a few hundred or a few thousand times before.

• In 2008, lissylou asked this question: “Sherrie, when you say you had cheesecake for breakfast or lunch - I'm wondering which recipe you use. Can someone please let me know the best cheesecake to start with during weight loss? " “There must be some kind of rank to them - as in, ones which you would just make for a special occasion or on the weekend - and ones which are suitable to eat regularly? I am not used being able to eat it! I feel overwhelmed with the choices here and would love some advi…

• Hi all, I was on the road for 10 days for work, then left home to take my elderly mum to medical appointments. During my travels, I fell off the Induction wagon so I'm back where I started a few weeks ago. Spent most of yesterday reading posts in the Lifestyle section here, learned some new things. During the week before I left, I lost a couple of pounds but was tired and lethargic. Last night, I reviewed my food diary for that week: carbs 15-20 g, fat from 30-40 g/day, protein from 40-90 g/day,…

• Pamchesbay Introduction

pamchesbay - - Introduce Yourself

Hi Sandran, sailing away to an island sounds like a movie? LOL. In my intro, I mentioned that we live on the Chesapeake Bay which is a large estuary on the east coast of the US. Chesapeake Bay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Because of where we live, our lives are controlled by the weather and water. Many of our neighbors make their living as watermen (aka fishermen). Our boat is an elderly 26' Telstar trimaran built in the early 1970s. This boat was built strong and sturdy for Round Great Br…

• Psylluim pancakes

pamchesbay - - Breakfast

I'm a big fan of almond milk - it's thick and creamy (unsweetened has 30 calories, 1 g carb, 1 g fiber, 0 sugar). Has anyone tried almond milk with these pancakes? Love pancakes so waiting impatiently for psyllium husks order to arrive.