Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 26.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: LC Thai food recipes

flipside2010 - - Seafood Recipes

Love it, Daisy - thanks for the laugh!:D

• Hi Wicked If you keep up being this organised, you won't fail! I'm like you and am pretty lazy with food, and if I don't have something immediately to hand, I'll end up being naughty. I've found that I have to take the time (1 day a week) to shop and prepare a whole bunch of stuff and freeze it, so that the rest of the week I can be lazy and still stick to the plan. It's working for me! Good luck Annie

• Re: New Today

flipside2010 - - Introduce Yourself

Welcome Minny! If you look in this thread: apinchofhealth.com/forum/vbb/showthread.php?t=7729, you can find out quite a lot of info about body trim and perhaps you'll be brave enough to start on the 3 day protein only detox so that you are up and running even before your kit arrives! Pick any day and just go for it. I've been doing a sort of BT thing for a few weeks now and I swear it gets easier and easier, and I feel so much healthier eating this way. Good luck Annie

• Quote from charliam: “I have been making the pysillium husks I use finer by grinding them on the finest setting through an old coffee grinder that we have - I don't know if this will help with the gnocchi but the grittiness of the husks is definitely reduced (good for oats in the morning).” Thanks Kirsty, that's a really good idea. I wish I'd kept my old coffee grinder! Back to eBay...

• Quote from Krisma: “There us also a low carb gnocchi recipe using ricotta in the recipe section.” Yes, I have made that one, but I can't get it to stop spreading out into flat circles in the oven, and the one you boil just disintergrates in the water - hence the search for something to 'glue' it all together. I'll test a couple of ideas (pysillium and maybe whey protein powder) and see if either of these work.

• Thanks everyone for your replies. It looks as though soy flour will not be my flour of choice! I had no idea that it can have such a negative impact on the body. It's true that I wouldn't be using much of it, but perhaps the pysillium husks will work just as well... I shall experiment!

• Hi there Does anyone have anything to say about soy flour? I understand its much lower in carbs than most other flours, but I hardly ever see anyone use it as a traditional flour substitute in the recipes here. That makes me think that there must be something wrong with it! I'm wanting to make a gnocci that holds together a little better than some low carb one's I've tried, and I thought that adding soy flour (only 1/4 cup) to the recipe might help. Appreciate your thoughts.... Annie

• Thanks, Sherrie. This is really helpful! Love the idea of cheesecake for lunch Annie

• Quote from Sherrie: “Ah ok fair enough, I didn't find that I ate as much meat as say someone on bodytrim as I only mostly ate it at dinner and sometimes at lunch as leftovers. Having said that I have never done bodytrim. Cream I would have sometimes in a cheesecake (I often ate cheesecake as breaky or lunch), low carb cereal (just a small amount) or occasionally in dinner so I don't really feel like I had a lot of cream. I usually used a small amount of milk in coffees still but I remember after…

• Hi there. I made a batch of these today and they are pretty good so I thought I'd share them with you. I modified another cracker recipe I found on this forum, so forgive me if it looks a bit familiar... They don't necessarily look that good, so I wouldn't be bringing these out at your next function, but they are great to munch on when you need something crunchy and savoury. Low Carb Sour cream and chives crackers Ingredients: 120g (1 cup) almond meal 55g (1/2 cup) finely grated parmesan cheese …

• Quote from Sherrie: “No that is wrong as an Australian tablespoon is metric which means 1 Australian tablespoon = 4 teaspoons. Measurements and Conversions” Thanks Sherrie. So, to sort this out once and for all, an Australian tablespoon is 20mls which is 4 teaspoons (5mls each) and an American tablespoon is 15mls. Also, an Australian cup is 250mls, but an American cup is 200mls. Is that right? Why can't those Americans give in and go metric! Annie

• Of course. I should have figured that out - just being lazy, lol. Thanks Suzie

• Hi there Can anyone tell me how many splenda tabs equal a tablespoon of sugar? I'm trying to modify a recipe and wasn't sure how much to use. Thanks, Annie

• Great article, Suzie. It does explain a lot about why fluctuations occur. Its still not going to stop me weighing myself everyday though! I've been feeling a untethered not being able to weigh myself since my scales broke. I'm on my way to Kmart to find a new set. Do you have any recommendations about what I should buy? Annie

• Hey misse. Just checking in to see how things are going with you? Annie

• Just finished making this - what a treat! Thanks, Sherrie. It's delicious. Now I just have to try not to eat it all at once! Annie

• Quote from Sherrie: “ Janal's Low Carb Cheesecake From the thread Sugar Alcohols” Bumping this up so Julia can find it.... This one is delicious! Annie

• Re: LC Thai food recipes

flipside2010 - - Seafood Recipes

Thanks Texy. These look delicious and I'm up for trying them. I'm going to make the beef one tonight if I get time - I think I've actually got most of the ingredients at home, except for kaffir lime skin, but I do have some leaves which I can use instead. I'll let you know how it goes. Annie

• I'm going to buy new lingerie and let me husband see me in it for the first time in years! I'm going to buy a new sexy one-piece for the beach (I think my tummy will be too floppy for a bikini), and lots of shirts that show my arms (I always wear long sleeves or 3/4 sleeves because I HATE my upper arms - serious bat-wings happening there). I'll wear some flowery summery dresses and high heels! All good motivation to make it to goal....

• Hi claren. Thanks for your words of support. I've started a diary now and hope to use it to keep me on track and see where I'm going wrong. Annie