Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 152.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: daily carb limit

knight76 - - Low Carb Beginners

Quote from lil_weiron: “just out of curiosity,how do u calculate a tablespoon of mayo or salad dressing etc towards carb count?” Read the label and per serving is usually something like a tablespoon or teaspoon, 1/2 cup or cup etc. Or you can get the 100ml measurement and work it out from there.

• I'd err on the side of caution with the cocoa, it does not take much to overpower the chocolate topping.

• Aspartame warning on this one. Ok so I was trying to hunt down a decent low carb hot chocolate and I worked out a mix I think hits the spot. You take a decent mug, chuck a good inch of cream in the bottom. Add two tablespoons of diet chocolate topping in and stir, then add 1/4 teaspoon of cocoa powder to this and stir. Boil the kettle and poor it in and stir. Done, this tastes great, the topping gives it the nice chocolate taste, and the cocoa powder gives it that slightly grainy sort of milo fe…

• Re: New Website Layout

knight76 - - Geek Forum

Looks good, I don't think it's too glary. I like it bright.

knight76 - - Geek Forum

Yep, exactly, I like the pinch 2 look and the pinch 1 sizing. Also with the menu at the top I like the pinch 2 with the blue highlight for the selected section over the grey. The grey to me looks out of place, it matches the shade of the pinch of health heading, but doesn't sit right with the surrounding colors. Of course all this is just what I like, others may see things totally differently lol. When did you implement this new look?

knight76 - - Geek Forum

I prefer pinch 2. Reason being I think it looks cleaner. Pinch 1 has the darker blue border around things and for me it makes the writing up the top harder to read. I have them opened in two tabs so I can swap between them and definitely it is Pinch 1 for mine. Though I would rather it take up more of the screen and have less of the background color on the sides of the forum, like pinch 2. Probably to the width of pinch 2, but without the added border.

knight76 - - Geek Forum

Yep Jason, Pinch 1 looks better on my 1920x1080 res screen as it fills the screen nicely. Pinch 1 is much narrower, is that the one meant for mobile devices?

knight76 - - Geek Forum

I do, very attractive clean looking site. Easy on the eye as the colors blend nicely. Some sites you go to the color scheme and layout is that bad you can only sped a short time there before a headache arrives lol, this one is very pleasant to the eye.

• Re: Help with Firefox

knight76 - - Geek Forum

You can also shortcut the zoom by hitting CTRL + or - Also, in options, under content, you can alter the font and font size. But websites can over-ride this I believe.

• Hi Sherrie, it's been a while :-). Great to see the site is still going strong.

• I'd also suggest taking measurements as above, gym work can build muscle which weighs more than fat so you may have reduced overall size, but gained muscle. You have to look at low carb like a lifestyle and not a fad diet. Sign up for the long term and don't sweat the little plateau's and positive weight gains along the way. Think more that over time, you will reduce.

• My favorite excuse is the old "Oh well, it will be a medium carb day". Problem is too many of those medium carb days really add up in a week.

• Wow, everyone's camera's have been broken for a long time. I think I posted these pics to another thread here, maybe it was deleted. Anyway, here is my before and after. <pics deleted again> Edit> Whoops found them, they are in the Motivation and Resolve section under before, During and After Photo's. Before, During and After Photo's!

• Re: computer skills

knight76 - - Geek Forum

I didn't see this thread until just now. i used to work for BigPond tech support and calls like the above were common. Like: Cust: I can't get on the internet. Me: Ok, have a look at your modem how many lights are showing on it? Cust: None. Me: Is the modem turned on please check Cust: Oh, ah. It's on and working now......... This was just one of the common things we would get.

• Awesome that people are still using the spreadsheet. It is a good resource and I think it shows the weight I lost and how fast. I am not on here as much now but I am still going well. Maintaining myself somewhere from 90-95kg depending on the time of year etc, but if I think I am growing too large I just hit the low carb a bit more strictly till I am back down.

• Re: Help settle a discussion

knight76 - - Geek Forum

Definitely Microsoft. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bing_%28search_engine%29

• If you cook it and eat it straight away it will definitely by scrambled egg consistency. I used to cook this and take it to work the next day. It sets nice and firm in the fridge when cold.

• I posted a recipe for one somewhere on here but cant find it now! It came out crispy, but the longer it sat around the more leathery it became. You would need to cook it and eat it straight away.

• The way I cook Scotch Fillet (could be done for thick T-Bone) is to heat up the BBQ to high heat, whack the steaks on the griller side and sear both sides nicely. Don't take too long with this or they toughen up. So the key is to get the griller hot enough. Once both sides are nicely seared I then move the steaks off the griller plate completely and on to the warming rack, turn the burners down and cook the rest of the way on lower temps. If you don't have a warming rack in your BBQ, you can pre…

• Definitely enjoy cooking. I am cooking most nights.