Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 200.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Low Carb Price Specials

Big bill - - Low Carb Living

Aldi has boneless pork leg meat for $7.50 a kilo (as of yesterday). I have to remember to buy another couple and freeze them. They aren't huge, only about 1.5 kilos I think.

Big bill - - Introduce Yourself

Welcome JanAnV, Psyllium husk pancakes with sugar free maple syrup are a good breakfast option, especially if you need a bit of extra fibre. There is a whole section for breakfast ideas: apinchofhealth.com/forum/index.php/Board/105-Breakfast/ When Sherrie drops by I have no doubt that she will give you a better steer in the right direction than I can.

• I'm on board

I did the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet many years ago. It was a variation on the One-Meal-A-Day diet. But not keto. Still, I found it easy to follow and I lost about 20 kg in 5 months. I'm interested to hear how OMAD goes when combined with a strict keto approach.

• Hello to all

Hi Cliff, it sounds like low carb could have multiple benefits for you.

• Low Carb Price Specials

Big bill - - Low Carb Living

100g blocks of Lindt at IGA for $3.29. Okay, not a huge discount, but I grabbed a couple of blocks of 90% dark.

• Iowa!

There's oodles of information here mommycarlson.

• Rissoles

Big bill - - Meat Recipes

Ha ha, a couple of cloves should do it then. Thanks for the recipe.

• Rissoles

Big bill - - Meat Recipes

These sound really good... but that's a lot of garlic (1 onion garlic to 600g chicken). I must try making them this weekend.

• I made this, I wasn't a huge fan though. I think I ended up having it with sugar-free maple syrup. Then it was good.

• Low Carb Meals on a Budget

Big bill - - Low Carb Recipes

Thanks Sherrie. I made a frittata last week when omy wife was looking for something simple and savoury to take to a morning tea at her church. I grabbed a couple of cookbooks and the recipe kind of jumped out at me. I used a 20 cm ovenproof frypan. The recipe in the cookbook was for twice this many ingredients in a 30 cm frypan. I would suggest playing around with the ingredients list according to what meat and vegetables you like and what is fresh and reasonably priced. Ingredients: 6 eggs Fett…

• Quote from kezzah62: “Quote from Sherrie: “@kezzah62 how did you go? ” Made it with the juice and rind of a lime and it was so yum!! Three people wanted the recipe. Going to have to make it again and keep it for myself. ” I'm going to try that next time I make it!

• Quote: “So changing our diet to include low-calorie sweeteners, such as sucralose and aspartame, should be a good way to get all the sweet taste without any of the guilt. Instead, the new study suggests that eating these sweeteners could do the opposite and increase the chance of us accumulating fat in our bodies, in a “dose-dependent” fashion. In other words, the more artificial sweetener you consume, the more fat your body creates and stores.” More at the link: Artificial sweeteners may make y…

• Keto diet: Most common myths busted A very pro-Keto article. Might be worth keeping a copy of this to show to any naysayers you encounter Quote: “ A well-formulated ketogenic diet including a range of vegetables, proteins and fats from a variety of sources and the inclusion of some nuts and seeds has been shown time and time again to meet all nutritional requirements. Most recently an article assessing the nutrient intake of a low carb high fat (LCHF) diet was published in the British Medical Jo…

• I would give my kids a moderate amount of artificially sweetened food as an occasional thing. It is obviously a huge grey area. Real maple syrup doesn't last long in our house, and when it runs out my kids just use my sugar-free maple-flavoured syrup, which they like. I try to tell them not to, but they figure if it's good enough for Daddy.... When I make pancakes, for example, I make two batches - one batch with flour for the rest of the family and one batch with psyllium husks for myself. The …

• Starting my journey

Whoah, I googled "lami diet pills" and you really need to stay away from those. They contain undeclared (not listed on the ingredients) substances that are banned in many countries. Apparently they can also cause psychosis. With low carb you shouldn't need diet pills. The tricky part is the first 2 or 3 weeks and you will experience cravings, sometimes very strong, but these will pass. You may experience brain fog and fatigue and flu-like symptoms, but these will also pass.

• Just joined

30 kg in 3 months is huge. I'm interested in hearing more.

• Osanna, that is all very true. But I think the reason why we are inclined to make/eat what should be treat foods at home is that our tastes have been shifted in that direction by the junk food and processed food industries. Normal, healthy, real food just doesn't taste good any more until you've weaned yourself off all the sugar and other unhealthy additives.

• Starting my journey

Hi African Tulip, I struggle with most diets, cravings and hunger and reliance on constant willpower. The good thing I find about low carb is that it makes me a lot less hungry. I need to keep reminding myself to eat regular meals and get a variety of nutrients. The downside is boredom if I don't make an effort to prepare a variety of interesting food. And convenience, I need to shop and plan more and spend more time preparing food. Good luck. There are lots of interesting recipes on this forum.…

• Junk food industry advertising tactics revealed I'm glad that the media is starting to wake up to this. At times it has seemed like the media was swallowing the junk food industry's propaganda hook, line and sinker. Quote: “Another sneaky tactic used by the industry was funding research to “prove” obesity was caused by a lack of exercise. “It’s all about deflecting it away from being about what we eat,” Mr Parker said. He said junk and fast food companies had an obvious vested interest in boosti…

• Do calories count when you are on a low-carb diet? I suspect that there is a lot of variation between individuals. I’ve always lost weight when I’ve been on a low carb diet, even with (on average) a couple of carbohydrate binges per week and when I’m often eating multiple servings of very high calorie low carb foods at a time. For me, once my carbs are very low the calorie count doesn’t seem to matter. But I sometimes read about people who are doing low carb and still struggling to lose weight. …