Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 29.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Thermomix recipes

dal - - Introduce Yourself

hi there was an item in the west australian paper today ,about a thermomix recipe book for banting, lchf by 2 ladies might be worth looking into, cant remember their names but one was a chef the other use to sell thermomix, hope it helps

• eating well

hi havent been here for a while fell off the BT wagon a few years back after losing an gaining the same 5kg several times, to end up with 10kg to lose instead. I went cold turkey on all things sugar about 3 years ago an stopped the weight gain from getting any higher, and have played around with low carb but could never stay off it totally, but have made my mind up to get serious an get back to pre MP weight or as close as my body will let me. Have found the lchf works just great no carb craving…

• Hi , well its been an up an down week with eating, had cheat peek on scales this morning down 100gm which I'm okay with, will do measurements Saturday see whats changed haven't done them for a couple of months. I'm finding as Sherrie said about low carb eating that you find what fits you best, I often throw in a BS day here and there, mainly cos I find PO days hard, which I'm starting think is the free day hangover, but I prefer BT eating for the long term. Fiona hope you get good results this w…

• Re: Low Carb Dining Experiences

dal - - Low Carb Living

Hi I find a good food hall option these is days is a bread less kebab no cheese, 1 place took awhile to work it out, but other kebab places have it on the menu. I also have asked for a steak sandwhich with out the bread at a pub, it had plenty of salad with it an was cheaper than a steak meal. cheers Dal

• Hi Silver, I'm not quite at goal yet 2kg off, but want to maintain this time, I eat B/t style an this is my 2nd time around losing the same 8 kg, got to 64.5 last time an stayed there a whole week. Feel better equipped this time to maintain. cheers Dal

• Hi Lady Yum, welcome to BT land its a great way to lose weight an yes I think the BT+ is much easier to get your head around too. let us know how you get on with detox this time. Hi Fee, how was your week, I had a gain which wasn't surprising seem to get a kilo off then hang around there for a week or so before it moves again, but I am now only 2kg off my pre-menopause weight. And determined to get there an stay there this time Hello to everyone else as well dal

• Hi all, wow Fiona mud an rain hope your doing okay with it all. welcome snoosnoo, its great to eat veg again after detox, I myself have never had protein shakes for breakfast I like to eat not drink, but I use protein shake with oats, mix it with a bit of water to make a paste, cook the oats in water then give it a stir an mix in the protein powder, yummy creamy oats. Or I have 2 eggs on 1 piece of multi-grain. You can use milk in tea an coffee but not in protein shakes. Try the B/T forum for so…

• Hi Kapay, Congratulations on your weight loss, Fiona its kinda nice to know I'm not the only one who lost with B/T an struggled a bit to maintain it. 2011 is going to a great year. dal

• hello, well i got rid of my xmas gain an actually reached a weight I havent been at since my first b/t time, so am very happy, but my P/O day after the weekend wasnt perfect, but as long as I keep being honest with the writing down of it all, I will stay on track, weight loss probably wont be much this week but thats what happens. Good hear your feeling great Pureblonde. dal

• Great idea Sherrie, Hi PB, welcome, losing the 5 kilos is just as hard I reckon as 15 kg, so I made it about eating better an being healthy rather than weight loss, an that frame of mind has really helped me stay on track this time, I keep a food dairy and have been putting in the days so I'm now into my 80th day of healthy eating and have broken some bad habits finally, I'm not perfect an my free days are pretty full on, but the whole getting back on track is much easier now. hope this helps Ch…

• Hi Missgonewest, I've been B/Ting for 2 years now, lost 8kg put it back on and am now going down again and will maintain it this time. The best advice I could give you is listen to your body if your hungry eat every hour it doesnt have to be a full 50 gm snack it can just be a bite of protein, it means your metabolism is working, and I think the most important thing is to realise 1 stuff up meal doesnt mean the end of the day, I've been a slow learner to this fact, but have proved it to myself o…

• Re: Newbie from WA

Hi Tarzi, welcome, I'm a B/T girl or lady, I love it an being a ex w/w find it so easy an the cost is nothing compared to w/w, its a 1 off payment for book an DVds. You dont have to join B/T club to access forum either so no on going cost if you dont want to. I'm northern suburbs as well, so Hello to Michele, PP. cheers Dal

• Re: New Biggest Loser series

dal - - The Lounge

HI I watch it as well an totally agree about Cam an Sammie I dont think they were even eating right at the beginning as both had such small losses compared to the others, makes you wonder if its a set up.

• Re: Body Trim

dal - - Low Carb Living

Hi TLP how was your easter an weigh in on free day, I did really well, stayed in control, had a few drinks but stayed in B/T zone, didnt lose any weight this week, but not stressing over it as clothes feel quite bit looser, so cm must be improving, and I'm really at the maintaince stage anyway just 1 more stubborn kg to lose, which may or may not happen. Cheers Dal

dal - - Low Carb Living

HI MOTB, great loss, have you taken measurements cos thats were the fat-melting really shows up, I lost 7kg but something like 20cm all over. Tuna,cottage cheese an tomato melt, is a nice breakky as well, I have oats an protein powder quite abit too. dal

dal - - Low Carb Living

Hi Mumofthreeboys, welcome, you can have your cereal just have a protein with it on weight-loss stage, I would see how the weight-loss goes as the nuts an seeds might slow you down abit, once you get to maintaince you can increase your carbs to include lunch time, so its not really that restricted. I dont know about the creamcheese muffins never had them, the only B/T approved dairy is low-fat cottage cheese and low fat ricotta, a little milk in tea an coffee is ok. I love B/t and find it the ea…

dal - - Low Carb Living

HI again TPl, I mix my protien powder with a bit of milk into a paste then mix it through the oats after I've cooked them, tried other ways and ended up with un-eatable mess. Did post the cooking method in the recipe section here. cheers Dal

dal - - Low Carb Living

Hi TPL, Great loss, you will have an even better one on free day this week. I am very happy lost around 1.2 this week, And feel so much better, its amazing how much energy you have when you follow it properly. Easter weekend will be abit of a challange but am in the right head space so, should handle it without too many side steps. Have a great Easter. Dal

dal - - Low Carb Living

Hi TPL, hope you weighed in on your free day and not after, I agree it is a great program so easy. Have a fantastic week. Dal

dal - - Low Carb Living

Hi Nessie, it is a really easy program, not sure what info you can access of the B/t site being a non member but give it a go anyway, Its pretty easy any high protein foods fish, meats, chicken, kangaroo etc, use tin tunas, eggs, chickpeas, low fat cottage cheese, soy meats. And any veggies, except spuds, sweet potato, pumpkin. Carrots, peas, corn only a few times a week. happy weight loss. Dal