Search Results

Search results 1-15 of 15.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Hi, I bought the recipe book - great cheesecake recipe! Nice pics too - but the recipes on POH are fabulous - life savers! - But I emailed the contact in the back for extra info on something and her daughter emailed back saying that Chris (author) has passed away (this was in mid 2010).....has anybody heard what was wrong? She seemed young! So sad.

• Wow, that's all very interesting

• Hi, sorry to hear you are having this problem - I hate it when it happens so I am always working to prevent it - especially after childbirth for the fourth time made me vulnerable - it barely ever happens now - I add some fibre (benefibre, or sugar-free metamucil, or natural psyllium husks, or unprocessed bran) to at least two meals per day - I'm not sure if that's 'right' - but it has been working well for me. I also add a teaspoon of ground linseeds to food I eat too - like frittatas or yoghur…

• Re: Hi all!

Banshi - - Introduce Yourself

Hi

• I just baked my first ever batch of these - yum:D they were way better than I thought!

• Re: Hello!

Hi Courtney - the recipes here are fantastic

• Re: Hi

Hi

• I used some oat bran and unprocessed wheat bran instead of all almond flour which may have altered the flavour a bit (as yesterday I allowed myself the treat of egg white and almond meal pancakes for brekkie - to celebrate losing 10kg so far - so I'd had my quota of nuts). I think I left it in the oven longer than reccommended as I like a crunchy edge to my pizza crust - and it was superb - sooo good - I was craving pizza so much. I loved it. It was real pizza - next time I'll try the oopsie bas…

• Hi I made this today - so good - thanks! I wrote a much longer post but the stupid computer ate it!!!!:mad:

• I'm so glad you posted this as I have been craving pizza big time - I haven't had anything remotely pizza-like since June - I'll try it tomorrow (and the oopsie base too) - sounds so YUM!

• Hi, I know this is an old thread - but I just wanted to say 'yay!!' that you cared!! It's a topic close to my heart! My first 3 children were born at home - I had two wonderful midwives - and my fourth in hospital (I moved to a country town - i didn't really have a choice) - i know some maternity hospitals and staff may be great - but this one was the pits! It was dirty, the staff rude (bitching about other patients in the hall!!) and they were horrible to me (months later somebody told my partn…

• Can I ask about the soy milk? Is it the idea that it lowers thyroid function? Or just the taste? Sorry to be nosey ...just curious today!:)

• Oh, I found the breastfeeding pages.....I average between 60-72g of carb per day and everything seems good - does that sound like a good safe level? Very interesting reading

• Re: :) I Luv Cohens

Hi Chelle! I'm totally new here too - but I noticed we are at similar weights and we both have 4 children! I just want to wish you well! Also, I've never heard of Cohens - one for me to google! All the best!

• Hi everyone!:) I started the south beach diet on 26/June this year - I was 118kg (my weight soared after having my fourth baby). Two weeks later I was 114kg - but then people started freaking me out about all the usual low-carb worries people have, you know - I was gonna die :rolleyes:- so I reincorporated some wholegrains back into my diet for several weeks, watched my calories too (on CK) and lost nothing. I started lowering the carbs again a few weeks ago after researching heaps of medical jo…