Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 214.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Sherrie, You are a font of information. Always interesting reading what goes on in the LC world.

• Hi Sherrie, Sounds like JM started out losing weight, saw $$$$ and went for it (bugger ethics and morals). Good that you pulled him up on it. He'd want to be a lot more careful these days (blogs have become big business). If not, he'll get his just desserts (carb loaded!). I do remember a woman who headed a strict diet plan being outed (very overweight, caught eating lots of takeaway, not following her own plan). Just did a Google, yep, Kimkins. Class action ensued - false claims on website, fak…

• Hi Sherrie, I agree with you regarding the up/down weight issue. We can all symphathise on that score. I have not read all that much about Jimmy Moore but know of his site, Livin La Vida Low Carb. The video just made wonder how credible his message is if he is on promotional tours espousing the merits of LCHF while his weight clearly indicates either it does not, or he is not sticking with the program. Not a great "walking advertisement" and may put some people off LCHF. In his video he also tal…

• Hi there, Interesting video. Also watched Jimmy Moore video (one of the videos on display after the Aussie Cricket Team doctor's speech). The information sounds good but Jimmy Moore looks quite large during his talk. Anyone else think this? Wonder if he is eating too much LCHF, i.e. portion control issues.

• Hi, Has anyone tried Herman Brot bread? The nutritional information looks pretty amazing. Can be ordered online (min 6 loaves $59). Here's a link to nutritional info: Herman Brot – Low Carb Bread Would love to hear from anyone who has tried it. How does it taste? Does it affect weight loss?

• Hi all, Follow up to recipe above. Forgot to mention, return capsicum to the casserole during last hour of cooking. Had leftovers for dinner second night - heated up in microwave. Was much nicer second night! Meat more tender and flavours more developed. Just had it alongside some of my reheated baked cauliflower mash. Will be making this again.

• Hi Sherrie, Thanks so much. I ended up using a recipe I already had and went for the oven method after all. So filling!

• Hi Kel, Life has been too hectic (family issues) but managed to weigh in today. 106 for me (slight rise). Hoping life is more settled and will see a loss next week.

• Hi Kel, Never quite sure if I make changes to the table correctly. So will just post my weight here each week for you. Just a note also that my weight last week was 105.8 (not 105.0). 105.2 today - another 600g gone - yay! Saw your comment about measurements. I take mine monthly. This month's results show B: 3 cm loss, W: 3 cm loss, Hips: 1.5cm loss. Sending best wishes to you that your tape measure rewards you for all your hard work. I bet you are building muscle!

• Hi Kel, Thanks so much. Will check these out as well. I might Photoshop some of these (add pic of my head to the body) at various weights. Add a little fun to the journey!

• Hi Sherrie, Thanks for the tips. I think I have used "Remember Me" previously. Not sure if I clicked it last or before entering name and password. Have clicked it first and now entered name and password, so hopefully that works. I think I may also click Logout when leaving so may not do that anymore. Could very well be something to do with browser settings and cookies. Will check that out further. Thanks again for all your help.

• Quote from Sherrie: “Maybe it was called virtual model or something similar.” I think there are a few sites that do the same thing. Fun to play with as a motivator...wish the site had more outfits to choose from. Very basic wardrobe!

• Hi there, Just popping in with a new find. Found a site that allows you to plug in your current (and goal) weight as well as height, body shape, hair colour, etc. It then provides you with a lifesize image of yourself at current and goal weight. You can then click on arrow below the models which allows you to view yourself (current and goal weight side by side) front, side and back view. Have not explored the site fully but think it is a good little motivator that helps visualise where we are at…

• Hi Sherrie, Not sure why but today (and last Saturday) whenever I am posting messages I am presented with a message saying I am being asked to leave or stay on the current page. I have to press Ctrl+C to save my post and then log back in and repost the message. It's a bit time consuming and I'm not sure why it happens. Any clues on how to lengthen the time I am logged in for or is there a way to stay permanently logged in once we have signed in? Many thanks - will have to log back in later as ti…

• Quote from Sherrie: “The Valcom red curry paste is only 4g per 100g” Thanks Sherrie, I think I've tried that one before - will check to see if my supermarket has it again.

• Hi, I don't usually like talking politics - but will throw caution to the wind on this occasion. I tend to agree that there is no such thing as a good politician these days. I don't believe much of what any of them say. They do not give direct answers to direct questions. They are all fed a spiel which they then all repeat. I hate to admit how naïve I am to have only realised this a few years ago - saw something on TV that showed various footage of politicians all saying the same thing about a t…

• Hi there, scales are my friend this week. Re: Wednesday Weekly Weigh in - all Welcome May Week................................Week1......... .Week2..........Week3..........Week4........ Lala................81.6........................ .. ..................................... .............. ....... Kel.................62.5............ .................................................. ......................... Jeni/Venus......70.2...........69.3.................... . .............................…

• Howdy, Here's recipe for easy Thai chicken curry I've been having with konjac noodles. You can eat with or without the noodles as you wish. Can also be served alongside LC veges if desired. Makes 4 decent serves (it's rich and filling) and can be served alongside steamed LC veges (I find it filling enough if using the noodles). Ingredients: 2 packets of Konjac noodles of your choice - (most packs are around 300g with liquid/200g of actual noodles once water is removed) 2tbs oil of your choice 50…

• Hi there, Here's a good alternative to diet lemonade and great if you have a lemon tree. Found it on Australian site that sells Perfect Sweet xylitol (sweetlife.com.au). I made a quarter batch of the lemon cordial recipe (ie just used one lemon and divided other ingredients by four) to test it out. You may want to adjust the sweetness by adding more xylitol or other sweetener of your choice. Perfect Sweet™ Orange Cordial and Lemon Cordial Ingredients: (Orange) 3 oranges 4-5 tablespoons of Perfec…

• Hi Kel and Kez, Thanks for looking up the old lower carb bread, Kez. I won't be able to indulge if their new range has 7.8 g of carbs per slice. Will post here if i find out anything further.