Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 21.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• The wells of the pan are 4" in diameter and 1/2" deep. I don't know what that would be in centimeters.

• I make these in a muffin top pan, which is the perfect size for a hamburger bun. I have tried revolution rolls, Oopsies and others, but they didn't do it for me, so I decided to invent a hamburger bun that is more bread-like, and this one definitely is. Don't let the pork rind flour fool you, you won't taste a trace of it. These sturdy buns will stand up to any burger you throw at it (along with all the messy fixings), I have eaten many an angus burger on these. Hamburger Buns (makes 6) 1/4 cup …

• Re: P'd off

Widget - - Diabetes and Low Carb

I learned something interesting on the web today. You can test drinks with your meter to find out whether or not they are sugar free. If it tests LO, then it is and if it tests HI then it has sugar. I only have diet drinks here so I couldn't test one with sugar in it to compare, but I did test diet Coke and the meter read LO. I don't know if all meters will do it, but I assume so. I used a Reli-On meter. I did notice that you can't just test a drop, you pretty much have to dip the end into the l…

• Re: P'd off

Quote from lil_weiron: “If you didnt want to cause waves on the day/night, maybe get the email address of the place you went to and write a complaint, explain the situation and i bet the manager will give all the wait staff a lecture on alergies & diabetes etc.” I sent off the email. This restaurant is one in a chain of nation-wide stores, so I couldn't send an email to my local restaurant, but I did tell them which restaurant was involved. But that's OK because this needs to be fixed in all res…

• P'd off

A couple of months ago my diabetic husband ordered diet Pepsi, and the waitress mixed it up with our granddaughter's Pepsi. Luckily, DH had only taken a couple of sips before realizing it. Yesterday was my son's (who is diabetic) birthday, so we took his family out to eat. My son ordered a diet Pepsi, and we asked the waitress to verify that it was diet, she said it was. He had already downed 3/4 of it when his daughter said her Pepsi tasted funny, then we realized the waitress had mixed up thei…

• Re: Email Notifications

Widget - - The Lounge

Alright, it's working... finally. I wish Windows Live Mail would let me determine what is junk mail and what isn't, but if you use free email programs, I guess you gotta take what you get.

Widget - - The Lounge

I added apinchofhealth.com to my email address book, would someone please reply to this post so I can see if it works now? Thanks.

Widget - - The Lounge

I got the last email. I don't know what "I have removed the smtp server in vbulletin" means, but I hope it means I'll be getting email notifications from here on out.

Widget - - The Lounge

This is discouraging. I didn't receive a thing in my email and nothing went to the Junk folder.

Widget - - The Lounge

Quote from Sherrie: “I'm pretty sure notifications are on as default but you can easily do this by clicking on thread tools (top right of thread) and then choosing subscribe to thread. The option is also underneath text box when doing advanced reply.” I tried that, but it says I'm already subscribed to the threads.

Widget - - The Lounge

In my settings, 'Default Thread Subscription Mode' is set to 'Instantly, using email' and my Subscriptions say 'Instant Notification' but I'm still not receiving an email when someone replies to a thread. I don't know what other settings I can change to solve the problem.

• Email Notifications

Widget - - The Lounge

I don't know where to post this question. Is there some setting or something I can do to receive an email notification when someone posts a reply on certain threads?

• Quote from Sherrie: “She's also eating a very low calorie diet which might be reason for his concern.” Yeah. livestrong.com/article/494946-…o-few-calories-dangerous/

• Quote from initforlove5: “I am embarking on the severely calorie restricted method that I hope will cure me guardian.co.uk/society/2011/ju…e-diet-hope-cure-diabetes” The article says they were cured 'at least temporarily'. I have seen this subject discussed on several forums and the general consensus is that if you eat low calorie, you will also be eating low carb, and it is the low carb that brings the blood sugar down, not the low calorie part. I'm curious to know if you have tried this or are…

• Quote from initforlove5: “I personally do not think it will come to a low blood sugar situation but the doctor is worried because i am not eating carbs” Most doctors have misconceptions when it comes to eating low carb. The best way for you to know whether or not you are having lows is to test your blood sugar when you think you are having one. If you are at or above 3.9 mmol/L then it isn't a low.

• This is a very good site for diabetics bloodsugar101.com

• Hi. I introduced myself in the main lobby, but thought I'd repeat it here. Almost 2 yrs. ago my doc said I was one point away from being a prediabetic. Luckily I knew that eating lc/hf was the way to go. I have been eating this way since then and have been able to control with diet alone. My husband is also diabetic, but he claims to hate veggies and I knew that if I kept sitting a plate with a piece of meat and some veggies in front of him, he wouldn't be able to stick with lc, so I have tried …

• Retrograded Potato Salad Recipe

Widget - - Salads

The recipe is below, but first... We all know that potatoes have starch, starch has carbs, carbs raise the blood sugar of diabetics and also causes weight gain. But there is a type of starch called 'resistant starch'. It is called that because it resists digestion. In healthy people, resistant starch passes through the upper intestine undigested, which means it is kind to blood sugar. Resistant starch can help with weight loss, reduce fat storage, lower triglyceride and cholesterol levels. Resis…

• You are most welcome. Interesting George Carlin quote you have there.

• My Second Post

Widget - - Introduce Yourself

Hi, everyone. I come bearing gifts. My first post was a stuffing recipe complete with pictures. If you try it, I think you'll like it. DH and I started eating low carb/high fat almost 2 yrs. ago when I was one point away from being a diabetic, and he was diagnosed as a full-fledged diabetic. Well, our doc no longer considers either of us to be in the diabetic or pre-diabetic range, although we know if we went back to more carbs, our blood sugar would shoot up, so there's no choice, we're low car…