Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 56.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Hi I have been jumping all over the place with South Beach, Body Trim & now back onto Low carb - I have downloaded some of the tools from this siteso I can keep a track of what I am eating which are great thankyou I have found the above website good for loading recipes into to get the nutritional content - can someone please advise if I need to take the fibre off the carb content seeing it is an American site to get the accurate carb content? I tried the Australian nutritionist site but I couldn…

• The whole family loves this recipe & using the slow cooker means everyone can eat when they need to before racing to sport, training etc this recipe comes from Spark Recipes Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Recipe | SparkRecipes Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Nutrition Info - Calories: 177.5 - Fat: 4.1g - Carbohydrates: 7.3g - Protein: 27.2g Ingredients 2 pounds (32 ounces) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless ( I use chicken thighs instead so they dont dry out ) 1 cup salsa, homemade or purchased 1 cup p…

• Well into Day 3 & 800gms down - so something is working, I'm happy because I am having lots of veggies & also Dairy which I struggled with on Atkins. Am missing my glass of wine but week 3 I can have that back. Have been doing a lot of reading & scouring websites so starting to get a bit more comfortable with what South Beach is about I might start a diary to track what I am doing each day By the way the slow cooked spag bog was great on a bed of zuchinni noodles cooked with garlic & some Olive …

• HI Sherrie I have downloaded the supercharged book which has all the info about the diet & am trying to get through this - there is meal plans in this too but they just dont fit into our lifestyle as I need more slow cooker recipes until our youngest daughter finishes performing in Evita as we are all over the place with meals. I am getting through all the threads from the search thankyou I started today Breakfast: A large mushroom with a scrambled egg cooked in it with a slice of low fat cheese…

• Thanks Sherie Unfortunately the link is no longer available I have been struggling with keeping my weight under control & have tried low carb but the weekends I blow this out so was looking for something that would fit into my lifestyle which is how I stumbled across South Beach. I took the 2 week free trial on their website to get some information but unless I keep paying you cant access their site The first 2 weeks are low carb but with 1% fat milk & low fat yoghurt allowed - no alcohol, lots …

• Good morning I was wondering if anyone on the site is following South Beach - I am trying to find out information on it as it appears to be low carb & as with Atkins & BT you add carbs as you go depending on your weight loss required. I have done a search on here but cant find anything. Thanks heaps Tracy

• Thanks TLP for these recipes Is cream allowed on BT? I am getting my head around it as I dont have the book yet, from a post elsewhere it was said you cant as BT is Low Fat - can someone please clarify

• Thankyou that helps a lot - am looking forward to a piece of fruit:)

• Teriyaki Chicken In a glad bag add 500gms chicken thigh fillets with 2 tlbs of soy sauce 2 tlbs of mirin 1 tlbs rice wine 1 tlbs splenda or like Marinate for approx 1/2 an hour BBQ or grill - yumm

• Thankyou I had exactly the same question

• Hi I am at the end of day 2 also, have managed to get rid of the headache by drinking 2 big glasses of water but have had to run to the loo Rangitamoe what a great incentive to lose weight - your twins. My 8yo daughter has a way with words & was listening to an add for liposuction & told me my thighs needed some of that as does my butt - but then went onto say daddy needs it more though!!!!!! Great incentive for us both to keep going & make this work

• HI have just started BT - on day 2 & havent got the books yet. I was wondering & was hoping someone could help Is diet jelly allowed on the Protein only days? Are protein bars allowed on PO days? On day 4 when you can have a carb with protein for breakfast - are their any rules to go with this, ie how much carb etc Thanks heaps

• Hi Justergirl I have just ordered the pack but am going to start tomorrow - this is my 2nd time around doing this, but I need structure so am going to do BT Sherrie found my old diary & brought it to the front so I will follow fairly well what I did last time Good luck:)

• Ooh thats what I was trying to work out also - the carbs are too high for me at the moment also, but will keep it as they are really yum & make a great alternative breakfast Tracy

• Does anyone know of a website that has a recipe builder that you can put in a recipe & it works out the carb content?? Thanks heaps Tracy

• Well done PP - a great loss & well deserved with all your trials & tribulations - keep it up Cooks do whats best for you - so BT may be right for you after all seeing you can have the fruit i the morning - keep hanging in there Tracy

• These sound great - will give it a try tomorrow for a quick breakfast as we have to be gone by 8.15am for a T-Ball carnival Thanks so much Tracy

• Welcome Riksta & Joh - all the best for your weight loss journey Well done a bloodredbired that is fabulous result - keep up the great work Good on you Lou for doing all that cooking - I am going to try to get some done tomorrow - need some new protein bars, plus some muffins Tracy

• Cheese & Bacon Muffins

Mighelli - - Breakfast

Just made these & they were really tasty The recipe is from the Empower website Serves 12 Per serve: Grams of carbohydrate - 1 Grams of protein - 7 Ingredients: 1 cup Empower Foods FibreX Breakfast Cereal 50g grated tasty cheese 2 teaspoons baking powder 100g lean bacon, finely diced 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 free range eggs 1/4 cup cream 1/2 cup water Method: 1.Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease muffin tray lightly with oil. 2.Place FibreX, cheese, baking powder, bacon and salt into a mixing bowl. Mix wel…

• Re: Empower FibreX

Mighelli - - Breakfast

Here is the link FibreX Substitute