Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 295.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Just to add my 2c, I have been buying from Low Carb Central since they first opened and they have always been fantastic. Orders are shipped promptly and the customer service is great. Hayley is a fantastic cook and is always happy to provide advice on how to work with the various low-carb flours they sell. She also puts up all her fantastic recipes on the site which is a great help with getting the variety most of us need to be able to stick to low-carb. The huge variety of products in the store…

• I pre-ordered mine a couple of weeks ago but haven't been told that it's been shipped yet. Fingers crossed it will be soon!

• Thanks heaps for the advice Can't wait to see them grow and give them a try.

• This isn't high protein but just in case anyone is looking for a low-carb hot chocolate drink I thought I would mention that Vitarium drinking chocolate is really nice. It says to make it with hot milk but I just use about 2/3 boiling water and top up with thickened cream to keep it really low-carb. It's sweetened with Natvia and is available at Woolies if anyone is interested. vitarium.com.au/products/SUGAR-FREE-DRINKING-CHOCOLATE.html

• I bought some seeds a while ago but never got around to planting them. But we are moving house soon so I will definitely plant them this summer! Can't wait to try heaps of new recipes that call for spaghetti squash.

• No but I don't see the point in adding that many carbs to the dish when you can just use low-carb breadcrumbs, as Sherrie suggested. Each to their own though. And if you are eating generous protein portions unlike the tiny serving sizes on BT then it would add a decent amount of carbs to your slice of meatloaf.

• A 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs has around 20g carbs, I wouldn't call that low.

• Yep Sherrie with oats I usually only have a 1/4 cup, combined with the ricotta it is quite filling. Lynnmolly, it's one or the other (or a half serve of each, totaling one carb serve). When you get the book you will be able to check out the serving sizes for the different carb foods and figure out half portions if you want to combine them.

• Quote from lynnmolly: “WELL my family has survived the 3 day PO. Feel crook as a dog, but hopefully once I get over this I will feel much better. Looking forward to having "real" food tmw. With the cereal (Porridge) can we have as much as we want?? Looking for something exciting to cook for tea. I have lost 2kgs, my daughters 1 kg and hubby is weighing in tmw. Lynn” The serving sizes for various cereals can be found in the BT book (you can't just have as much as you want). I haven't looked at th…

• Re: Nausea Question

melly845 - - Low Carb Beginners

Having the apple juice kind of defeats the purpose of doing the carb detox. But you should feel better once you start eating veggies and salad. Try to include some good fats in your diet too, BT is all about low-fat but it's really not a good idea to do low-fat and low-carb together. Don't be scared of fat and you will be ok.

• It's super yummy My mum initially gave me the recipe but I don't have it on my work computer so I just looked up a similar one so I could post it here.

• Quote from Briony: “Does anyone have any good BT compliant winter soup recipes? With the weather getting cooler here I really want to make soups to take for lunches or easy dinners when I get home. Even better if I can whip them up in my slow cooker. My favourite one in previous winters has been been this: taste.com.au/recipes/22454/lamb+and+pumpkin+soup But clearly the carbs are WAY too high for this soup any more. Thanks guys!” This is a good one: taste.com.au/recipes/13681/bac…soup+with+parme…

• Puffenstuff is correct, full-fat versions of just about everything are actually better (despite what BT says) as they are almost always lower in carbs. And in the case of ricotta and cottage cheeses, the difference in fat quantity between the low-fat and regular versions is negligible anyway.

• Re: Mexican shredded beef

melly845 - - Meat Recipes

Some people must be so thick.... gotta love the "correcting" of a non-existent error.

• I'm not offended at all. I certainly am not a fan of the Tony Ferguson diet, quite the opposite in fact. It's just that the things you have said in relation to people's personalities etc sound very similar to a past member's opinions. But perhaps it is just a coincidence...

• Is that you again, P668494? I'm getting a sense of deja vu....

• Hmm that's a pretty ambiguous statement (and has she not heard of grammar?). You could argue that anyone who has purchased BT has been a member of Trim Club at one stage since everyone gets 6 weeks free when they start. Therefore they could be considered "original" members of Trim Club. In any case I don't really care if I get locked out of the forum because the new format is absolutely terrible. They've taken away the few decent features that actually worked and it is a total mess and not user …

• Re: Body trim - results?

Thanks for the info Sherrie I guess I should do the hard yards and start carb counting then gradually increase each week until I find my carb tolerance.

Thanks for the info about that study, it's good to know and to have something concrete to back it up. I don't actually stick to the 100g portions, I generally eat around 200g of protein food with each main meal so I don't get overly hungry any more like I used to when I was following BT as written. I read an article the other day that stated that eating less than 130g of carbs per day has a negative affect on your thyroid. I really hope this isn't true. Have you heard anything to refute this? He…

I must admit, now that I'm so used to the frequent meals it does get me down a bit sometimes because I'm too scared to stop doing it. For the last few weeks I've just been eating whatever I feel like (read: crap) and not having snacks in between meals and it was nice to have a break and just be having three meals a day plus dessert. Sometimes at night I want to get into bed then realise I haven't had my last snack of the day which is annoying. I don't think it causes me to eat badly in the sense…