Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 198.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Always tired

Gosfordgirl - - Motivation & Resolve

Have you been eating enough? It may be the combination of too little food and too much water?

• Re: Always tired

Gosfordgirl - - Motivation & Resolve

Too much water coupled with not enough food? Wikipedia says "Water intoxication mostly occurs when water is being consumed at a high quantity without giving the body its proper nutrients it needs to be healthy........observable symptoms of water intoxication: headache, personality changes, changes in behavior, confusion, irritability, and drowsiness. These are sometimes followed by difficulty breathing during exertion, muscle weakness, twitching, or cramping, nausea, vomiting, thirst, and a dull…

• I've had a couple of these bars and I found they had an unpleasant chewy/gummy texture, and the flavours seemed fake - but everyone's tastes are different so other's may like them. But I just went to the website to check out the flavours I haven't tried, and it wants to charge me $70 for 5 boxes?

• Re: Pumkin fries, mmmm!

Gosfordgirl - - Vegetable Recipes

My pumpkin was great too!

Cooking up some pumpkin with my baked chicken and zucchini right now!

I've always had pumpkin only sparingly because I thought they were one of the carby vegies, but CK says 1 cup of cubes weighs 116g, and has half the carbs of potatoes, at 8g per 100g, so I guess they're not too bad. I could eat enough pumpkin chips to do some real damage, though!

• Re: Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead

Gosfordgirl - - The Lounge

My initial thoughts are that juices are concentrated carbs - most health experts, regardless of their personal philosophy, will tell you you're better off eating the whole vegie/fruit, so you get the fibre too. You probably would lose weight on the juice fast, as it would be almost no fat, and probably low cal, but I think you'd be better off doing a protein fast - drinking protein shakes or eating lean protein. I've sent my tv to record the show to see what it's about.

• I found mine where the regular pasta is, but off to one side, where the specialty pasta like fried noodles, soft noodles etc are.

• I've had ones that were filled with prawns or sliced cold meat like pork, and julienne carrots, coriander and spring onion, served with a soy dipping sauce. They were yum! And yes, it's just wrapped in a thin sheet of rice paper. On it's own, a 6 inch sqaure of rice paper is under 5g carbs, and I wouldn't think the meat and vegies would add much. Mmmm makes me wish I had a couple right now!:p

• Welcome Louis! I too have a lapband, and I too live mostly in the closet about it - only my husband, mother and sisters know about it. I lost about 50kg in 2.5 years through a combination of it and LC eating. Unfortunately I find the bank is not conducive to most LC foods - I struggle to keep meats especially down. And even with the band, I managed to regain almost 30 of those kgs lost, because as you would know, the band will happily accept things like crisps and chocolate and cake. I've been b…

• Quote from Analog6: “I'd have severe concerns about the carb count of this recipe - see below for some selected ingredients - as just for these it is already 127 grams. How many serves does it make? I'd be worried about all those carbs giving me cravings again. 300g carrots 6g 400g potatoes 55.2 250g pumpkin 12.25 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes 34.4 1/2 cup barley 19.2 And the 1.5 l vegetable stock made with cubes is a concern too, cubes are not good (IMHO) due to all the additives they put in the…

• They add sugar to make it more palatable - because they've taken the flavour out with the fat!

• I love them! Nothing wrong with a good sweep every now and then, although they don't seem to have that effect on me. Plus I read that you can have an extra 300 calories for every meal of miracle noodles! :p

• I found them at my local Woolies. I think they were about $2, and the taste was very similar to Miracle Noodles.

• Quote from sinders: “i had gestational diabeties with one child, they gave me two weeks, on diet (although told me to eat low fat what a joke) anywya obviously no change so straight onto insulin oh yeah and that was only 6 years ago” We must have kids about the same age, Sinders - my firstborn daughter was 6 in May this year, and I had GD with her. Got sent to a dietitian who wanted me to eat a low fat, high carb diet, which of course didn't help me either, so I had to do insulin too. Same with …

• Quote from Krisma: “Sherrie Missed your reply re crackers. My fav are flaxmeal crackers and cheese crisps. This is my favourite section. I know this is off topic that started with choc but I have been playing with Dana carpenders recipe for English muffins. I added more yeast and cut them out with an egg ring and baked them in the oven. They turn out like mini dinner rolls and taste brilliant. This means I can make pastrami and cheese rolls to take with me. They have yet to fail and I'm not that…

• I wonder why the diagnosis is Type 2 and not gestational? Especially if they say it might go away after she delivers, which is what gestational diabetes does.........

• Re: Parmesan Crisps

Gosfordgirl - - Snacks Galore

I do this but with sliced tasty cheese for the kids - they love it. Just tear a slice of cheese into 9 pieces (thirds and then thirds again), and place on high in the microwave for about 90 seconds. It melts and then goes hard and crispy. The kids call it "hot cheese" lol.

• Re: Parmesan Crisps

Gosfordgirl - - Snacks Galore

I do this but with sliced tasty cheese for the kids - they love it. Just tear a slice of cheese into 9 pieces (thirds and then thirds again), and place on high in the microwave for about 90 seconds. It melts and then goes hard and crispy. The kids call it "hot cheese" lol.

• OK today, but last week there were one or two days I couldn't get in at all. Could have been a problem at my end though.