Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 77.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• [Edit] I have been informed that this store may be closed down and some people are having trouble with orders and emails. I'll leave this thread here for now incase it's something out of their control and temporary. I suggest contacting them before ordering to be safe - Sherrie low carb central, they have a couple of things i would be interested in..have you tried them? what was their service like? what about postage ..is it reasonable? and what was the food like you ordered? thanks

• I think its from having not grains in my diet..i have read a few times that grains are really bad for arthritis..it cannot be from weight loss because even thou i have lost i am still obese..so i really think its from the no grains... I am not following atkins or anything like that ..just keeping my foods low carb, but i am not being overboard about it..like this many carbs or that many... if i want a banana i will eat one...my daily carbs are somewhere from 50 to 80 a day..and my blood suagrs a…

• so as some of you know I have been a yo yo low carber,but when i was recently diagnosed with diabetes and hypthroidism i said enough is enough...do or die i said to myself... so beginning of nov i had the test for diabetes but i decided to start low carbing even thou i had to wait to get my results soooo in almost 4 months i have lost weight which is great BUT the horrendous pain in my knees has compleltey gone..compleltey gone..i was diagnosed with arthritis in my knees a while back and told i …

• this is the company i bought from before there chocolate and vanilla flavours are foul

• Apparenting the average australian eat 300 to 400 carbs a day....I know that tony ferguson programme is 120 carbs a day..i'm not sure of the others ...Everyone is different someone can eat 80 a day and lose really well others 50 a day...Personally I lay somewhere between 40 to 80 a day.. an 80 day would be say xmas,birthday,etc and 40/50 would be my usual daily intake

• Unflavoured Protein Powder?

Mashelly - - Low Carb Living

I want to bake a few things that use PP ..i have bought a couple before (flavoured thou they where disgusting) So any recomendations for a nice unflavoured PP anyone?prefer to purchase online if I can?

• Re: Bloody dieticians

Mashelly - - Diabetes and Low Carb

Quote from Gilly: “I really don't understand these so called "profesionals" who will shoot you down in flames for doing something that is obviously working for YOU!!!:mad: My old doctor (since found a much better one) told me that I should be taking blood pressure tablets for the rest of my life as they are fine and that I should also take cholesterol lowering drugs to get that down. She wrote out a script which I did not fill as I did my research and discovered that the cholesterol drug would c…

• and Low thyroid and high BP and high cholesterol..and I need some help.. so they dr has put me on thyroxine and metformin and other stuff for the high bo and ch.... but I need help i have not been low carbing for a while till the last 2 weeks ..i really started getting my crap together, but everywhere i turn people are saying no cheese to lamb roast you can't eat or that and its all the foods that are low carb..So if any of you have info /articles on how LC is good for diabetes could you post th…

• I almost ordered some last night then chickened out,i will eat them all at once,I have no self control..well very little and all i had i used to stop myself from buying them

• cityhealth.com.au/onlineshop/shopexd.asp?id=10033&bc=no aussiebodies proteinfx bars(bought mine in woolies where the atkins bars are)..cookies n cream taste devine but the bigger bar chocolate fudge..is bland..just sayin

• Re: Flavoured Drinks

I have a soda stream so I can carbonate the water..i might try a lemon one with the stevia....will try those lipton teas when i go to town next.. i was thinking like a iced tea so those flavours would be nice thanks

• Flavoured Drinks

I have given up all cordials,soft drinks,diet or otherwise ..its water only for me at the moment but I know as the weatehr heats up as its starting to I am going to struggle with water only.. I have never been a tea or coffee drinker,but i am prepared to try some flavoured teas and use maybe stevia as a sweetner(i'm not sung any other artifical sweetners anymore) SOOO any recommendations of flavoured teas? yummy flavours or other drink ideas please

• Re: Hitting Reset

Mashelly - - Low Carb Beginners

I am not weighing because I have an addictive nature and I become obsessive about the numbers and this time is is not going to be about numbers for me its got to be about good health..weight lose is a bonus and my goal is to lose weight but my thoughts have to be centred around good health.:)

• Re: Hitting Reset

Its going well I feel good ...I haven't weighed myself yet but i can see changes and that what counts..made a delish flourless cake today as a treat was nice

• Hi Sherrie,i was looking thru some older threads and you mentioned you had cheese cake often for brekky..can you share your cheesecake recipe you used please? Cheers

• Hitting Reset

Yep I am hitting the reset button and beginning again..I have a long way to go but something has happened in my head..a steely determination has come over me.. i have been feeling so terrible since i started eating high carb foods again..and its hard to kick the habit once you get back on them...but this is butt kicking year for me....so jan 17th i said thats it...emmercing myself back into the LC life.. I am still coming out of that high carb coma I have been in ..the brain fog is lifting and i…

• I have tried a few they are either disgusting or have soy as a base..whats do you suggest?

• One day a Week for Treats

Do any of you that are eating low carb to lose weight take 1 day a week or a month to have a treat day and are still making good weight loses??

• Re: protein powder

EEEWWWWWW its gross...it doesn't even taste like chocolate its just SWEEETT..I love sweet things but that is over kill.. i tried toning it down with the vanilla but its just all sweet there is no flavour at all...damn I bought the WPI so i just may have wasted 102 bucks bummer... what are some recipes using it as an ingredient??? that ya'll use..I'm off to google it

• Re: protein powder

I assume the 30grams is mixed with a glass of water?? I recieved my order today but it has no onstructions..how have ya'll been taking it?? I ordered this after reading bout it here and hearing that its sweet..I like sweet