Search Results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• So welcome back to that nasty four letter word...gout. I've experienced this before at the start of weight loss and it really is a case of reviewing until the body adjusts. Lots of water, the occasional day of two anti inflams and an avoidance of purines as much as possible which can be hard at times. It's more annoying than anything else as I don't get it like many others where it becomes debilitating. I just hobble a bit and feel a little off. So for the last two weeks it's been a steady as sh…

• Avoid white potato "they" say, too high in carbs "they" say. Use sweet potato instead. Hmmm, I look at the very helpful "Carb counts for vegetables" and what do I see? Sweet potato has more carbs than the 7 potato varieties listed. I've learned enough for one day now. Can't over do it.

• First timer

Oldand Chubby - - Introduce Yourself

Thank you Patty, i will search Yes Chris, this was a lesson learned a while back. Fats aren't always bad and starving isn't good.

• First timer

Thank you Patty and ChrisA. One week down, just a few hundred to go now. Fridge is stocked with lots of fresh veges, salad ingredients, some lean proteins and fruit. Just need to find interesting recipes now. I look forward to learning

• First timer

Thank you Sherrie. Nice to be here Not following any particular plan at this stage. I find if I really limit bad carbs and increase the exercise then it does work pretty well for me. I do like veges, so I include a lot in my diet. I like salads as well. I just find that as the weather warms up, it's a good time to get change happening.

• First timer

HI Everyone. I'm a mid fifties male from Australia. I recently stumbled across this site looking for low carb information. I'm currently about 109kg (245lbs) and I'm getting back on the wagon. I've been as high as 121kg (272lbs) a few years ago and had recently plateaued at 105kg (236lbs). I'm pretty good when I commit to watching what I eat, however, I've become very sedentary especially at work. I have been very fit in the past but I'm very aware of the strain the extra weight puts on joints s…