Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 106.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Bloody dieticians

kimme - - Diabetes and Low Carb

I agree Kath. The "diet" sheet I was given contained nearly all brand name foods and no real fresh foods! I remember thinking she wanted me to eat cardboard it had about the same nutritional qualities. And apparently this was "tailored" to my needs.:eek: Kim

• Re: Bloody dieticians

kimme - - Diabetes and Low Carb

I often wonder where these people get their degrees and how out dated the course literature is! I had to see a dietician a few years ago and the word rabid comes to mind of her reaction when I told her that sugar seems to exacerbate my IBS. There was apparently no way that sugar would do that and I had no idea what I was talking about. Needless to say I never went back. Good luck kath. Kim

• Welcome Wild Card. Kim

• HI Sherrie, Funny too, that my first post back should be on this subject, just like D! I agree with everything that you have put forward. As someone who for years (not just since this climate change debacle reared its ugly head) has done whatever I can to reduce my impact on the environment I feel extremely frustrated and angry that once again my family will be a cash cow for the government. I don't think creating umpteen new government departments to impose and redistribute a tax makes economic…

• Re: eggs eggs eggs eggs

kimme - - Low Carb Living

Is it Fulham Gardens Primary? I should remember, I used to live down that way and drive down Marlborough Street all the time. It looks great. I'll try and get down there next time it's on. thanks Pegasus. O and I'm not too sure about the Zumba classes. I laugh too much when trying to do Just Dance and that's by myself! Kim

• PUMPKIN RICE LAKSA SOUP[B][/B] This is a wonderful recipe I found last year on Jamie Oliver's website. I thought that instead of using the basmati rice that is suggested, you could make the soup and pour over your allowance of brown rice for the day. I like traditional curry, but I love Thai curry and this would make a great alternative to the Harcombe butternut pumpkin curry. 600g butternut pumpkin a small handful of lime leaves 2-3 chillies deseeded and finely sliced 2 cloves of garlice peeled…

• Re: eggs eggs eggs eggs

kimme - - Low Carb Living

Hi Pegasus, where abouts in Henley Beach is this man? Might be worth a trip down to the beach cheers Kim

• Re: Just Dance thread

kimme - - Fitness and Exercise

OMG!! What an absolute scream! I can't remember the last time I laughed so much. I'm so very uncoordinated. And it has one of my favourite songs on it, Groove is in the heart. I'm such a tragic. I don't know how I'm ever going to match anyone else's scores but I will have alot of fun trying. Exercise made fun, I like it. I'll see how I go tomorrow, might even get the hang of left is left and right is right. Kim

Well you never know, always nice to ask Kim

Well I've gone and done it! You all sounded like you were having so much fun I wanted to join in. My DH to picked me up a copy from JBs today, so I'll have a look at it tonight and let you know how I go Dancing and competition, what more could a girl ask for LOL. Kim PS If that's okay????

• Thanks Jojo and cooks, I'll go get some greek yogurt today and give it another go and yes, I know I have to let go of the caffeine I've already given up coke zero. So I'll get some decaf as well Good to know that this has helped you get back on track Cooks as that is what I'm looking for. I'll let you know how I go. Kim

• I have found the book at Bookdepository in the UK for $12.44 no cost for postage. Fantastic place to get books from, normally takes just under 2 weeks to receive your orders. Kim

• Hi everyone, I've been following this thread and am convinced that this will work well for me. Soooooo, I've bought the book and am on day 2. Still drinking coffee though and finding it hard to have natural/greek yogurt. Never been a big fan of either, so I'm finding the most natural ones with the least amount of sugar. Will soon find out if it works or not but overall not too hard (at the moment anyway.) Kim

• That did cross my mind Sherrie (memories of Kimkins:eek:). But Cleo's normally pretty good value. Kim

• I'll keep you posted Shez, but I can already see a few problems with obtaining some of the supplements they recommend. Might need to substitute some things I think. Will need to spend time on the computer searching for some things before I even get started. So who knows when I will start this?? Kim

• Hi Sherrie, I just read the reviews on Amazon. Harsh aren't they? It's interesting to note that Jimmy Moore and Cleocharcha both recommend the book. I agree that the Eades blog has been a bit iffy lately, but I thought this book would be a good way to make my way back to proper low carbing. So even if it just gets me started again, then that's okay. If it does what it says it's going to, then even better. One can always hope Kim

• HI Shez, I got the book from overseas (England) as it wasn't going to be released here until mid December. Cost about $30 AU. Kim

• I've just received the new Eades (of Protein Power fame) book. Just wondering if anyone else has it, or is going to get it? Looks really interesting so far, but it looks like I'll have to search for a few of the products they recommend to use ie. Enova(DAG) oil??? Here's to it all going well Kim

• Re: Progesterone Cream

kimme - - Women and Health

How's the headache today Sherrie? Better I hope. I remember becoming sensitive as to when I was ovulating. Actually used to get a little bit of pain. I can't remember getting any headaches though. It's probably as Snez has said, your body is getting used to the cream. I must be going out in sympathy though, I have the worst headache today, but I DO have TOM.

• Re: Progesterone Cream

kimme - - Women and Health

That's the one Snez. I thought it was progesterone cream as I remember being on Pro-Fem for quite awhile and then being given the cascade cream. They both worked well from what I can recall. Sherrie, you'll find that you can only rub so much into your stomach before it won't absorb anymore, if that makes any sense. From memory, try a scoop of about the size of a five cent piece and see how you go. Are you able to ring the dr to double check the amount? Kimme