Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 79.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Hi Nicki, oh, I'm not sure. We use 1 packed of splenda to replace 1 tsp sugar in our house, so that might give you a guide. Mind you, I've become much more sensitive to sweetness, so you might want to put more in Just taste as you go until if seems right for you

• Re: Coconut flour

IndiGirl - - Low Carb Beginners

No I didn't. I've since found a place in Sydney that sells certified organic coconut flour 850 gm for $7.30 or 5k for $27.90 and postage is about the same. I will be ordering through this site next week.

• Coconut flour

IndiGirl - - Low Carb Beginners

You can get 1k coconut flour on ebay for $11.50 plus $12 postage. Not sure if this is a good deal, but thought I'd share. ebay.com.au/itm/170702814710?hlp=false

• One kilo gone, woo hoo. Weigh in a day early this week cause I'm away for the weekend. name--------start date -----start weight----current weight----lost------last updated Karolin..............1st Sept..................87....................78.... ...9................30/10 BodeeCakes....................... ............81.................................... ..............4/10 3dayFad.............12th Sept..............75.5.................72.6...... ................5/10 Evosbev..............8th S…

• Re: Laugh of the Day

IndiGirl - - The Lounge

Weekly workout The Doctor told me I should start an exercise program. Not wanting to harm this old body, I've devised the following for next year: Monday Beat around the bush Jump to conclusions Climb the walls Wade through the morning paper Tuesday Drag my heels Push my luck Make mountains out of mole hills Hit the nail on the head Wednesday Bend over backwards Jump on the Band Wagon Run around in circles Thursday Advise the Prime Minister on how to run the country Toot my own horn Pull out all…

• Only 300 gms this week. It started out so well, but this is the official weigh in day, so that's what it is today. name--------start date -----start weight----current weight----lost------last updated Karolin..............1st Sept..................87....................78.... ...9................30/10 BodeeCakes....................... ............81.................................... ..............4/10 3dayFad.............12th Sept..............75.5.................72.6...... ................5/1…

• Re: bony bum

IndiGirl - - Motivation & Resolve

It'll happen girls! Just stick with it and love your life as you go

• bony bum

IndiGirl - - Motivation & Resolve

OK, I've lost almost 11 kilos. Not heaps and my bottom isn't skinny by any means. But all the fat I've lost on my bum seems to come from the bit I use for sitting on the floor. I used to like sitting on the floor. Now I feel like I'm sitting on my bones and it's painful. How did skinny people ever do it?

• Just an update. This went down very well but could probably do with more splenda/sweetener in it. I had no problem with the taste but I've become more sensitive to sweet foods.

• Re: Bloody dieticians

IndiGirl - - Diabetes and Low Carb

The problem is a lot of people think carbs are just bread, pasta, potato, etc. so the dietitions talk about carbs only in that context then try to "teach" everyone about "good carbs". They need to start of by explaining what they mean by carbs. stoopid dieticians.

• Re: Laugh of the Day

IndiGirl - - The Lounge

santa1.jpg If it's too naughty, just remove it

• cheesecake1.gif I made this using coconut as the base so it's completely induction friendly Ingredients Base 3 cups dessicated coconut 4 splenda packets 1 tbs coconut oil 2 tbs butter Filling 500 gm cream cheese, pre softened 600 ml thickened cream 18 splenda packets 1 cap vanilla extract (the cap from the bottle) 2 tbs baking cocoa powder 2 heaped tsp gelatin and 1 cup hot water to mix it in. Method Mix the dry base ingredients together in a bowl. Add the coconut oil then add the butter 1 tbs a…

• Just realised, the nuts aren't necessarily required, so they could be left out to make them induction friendly

• Woke up this morning feeling like I'd put on a ton of weight over night, ends up I've lost it! Can't be unhappy about that. name-------------start date -------start weight----current weight----lost------last updated Karolin..............1st Sept..................87....................79.... .................8................30/10 BodeeCakes........................................ ...................81............................. ...........4/10 3dayFad.............12th Sept...............75.5..…

• Low carb chocky truffles

IndiGirl - - Desserts and Sweets

truffles1.gif Low Carb Chocky Truffles Ingredients 160 gms cream cheese, softened 33 gms walnuts chopped (about 2 large handfuls) 1 tsp baking coco 4 splanda packts 1 cup dessicated coconut Method Add the sugar to the cream cheese and mix through. Mix in the coco. Chop walnuts (or nut of choice) into really tiny pieces or do in a grinder. Add to the softened cream cheese. Add half the coconut and mix well until fully blended. Take mixture about a teaspoon at a time (I did a largish teaspoon). Pl…

• Re: Bloody dieticians

IndiGirl - - Diabetes and Low Carb

I like this feisty Kath

• Re: Hello

IndiGirl - - The Lounge

Hi Larry, I've been having a good day actually. Things look on the up. How are things going with you?

• Hi jewelorac, breaking through a barrier is a great feeling, isn't it? You will be able to add the ticker when you do more posts. The sig section will open up, just keep an eye out for it. One thing I did while waiting was to start a ticker anyway, then I just copied the url of it to a doc file which I saved on my computer. I'd go back and updated it when I wanted, then just posted the url to my sig when I could.

• Re: about time I said hello

IndiGirl - - Introduce Yourself

Hi Dunks, welcome What shape are your kids in healthwise? I ask because if they are healthy without too much excess weight on, then I wouldn't worry too much about their breakfast cereal. I don't advocate a high carb diet (obviouly), but kids have different needs to adults. They do much more running around and are way more active, so more carbs in their diet won't hurt. If they are in good health, then some whole grains wouldn't hurt. Please get them off the cocopops and other packaged stuff tho…

• It is low carb and low fat. There are rules to follow which people on Atkins don't have to. They also have a free day when they can eat whatever they want, including lots of carbs but must follow the next day with protein only. There are a few threads on here that go into it more. I only know what I do because of the posts here