Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 119.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Hungry!

TLP - - Low Carb Living

On free days I eat whatever I feel like, whenever I feel like it! LOL!

TLP - - Low Carb Living

Yep you can definately add in some cocoa for choc cheesecakes

TLP - - Low Carb Living

Your welcome I have never been able to eat cold cuts for snacks, I would vomit! LOL!! I can only eat hot meats on their own (hence the rissoles that I heat up and add a couple of teaspoons of low carb dip on top!). I prefer to eat meats with veggies/salads. I also like mini quiches for snacks too, I will be making a batch of those on the weekend. Baked ricotta cheesecakes are nice also, but these are things to do when you have a bit more time on your hands I very, very rarely eat meat for snacks…

TLP - - Low Carb Living

You can have 50g-100g snacks. You can also eat up to every hour (just don't go over 3 hours without eating). What I find is cheapest for snacks is the Jelly cheesecakes. All it is is a 500g tub of ricotta and 2 sachets of diet jelly made up with only 1 cup of boiling water blended together and poured into 12 silicon moulds (I put them in a muffin tray) then refrigerate until set. I eat 2-3 of these a day so they last me nearly a week I also make up a batch of rissoles with turkey mince (which on…

• You can purchase the diet creaming soda from Woolworths

• Quote from LC_Dave: “Since, the reason we get fat is carbohydrates, and not calories, I don't recommend bodytrim. I recommend something like the atkins diet. Also check out Gary Taubes book. amazon.com/Why-We-Get-Fat-About/dp/0307272702” I don't really understand this statement?? I do agree that carbs are the issue when it comes to weight problems but seriously, if you ate proteins/fats to abandon you WOULD gain weight, there is not a question of doubt in my mind. This statement speculates that …

• Thanks heaps for that link Sherrie. It really helps (in my circumstance) to have everything already written down and counted for me

• My personal all time favourite shakes are Max's protein powders at maxs.com.au and BSN Lean dessert protein shakes at mrsupplement.com.au/bsn-lean-dessert-protein and Musashi SLM High Protein shake at musashi.com.au All of these taste great and have good mixability too. I have tried HEAPS of protein powders over the years and find these to be the best. The BSN one is the nicest blended with water

• Your welcome Grace I have to admit, I also love the food on Atkins (probably way too much!) and I end up going over board My fave foodgroup is dairy and I think I eat too much cream/cheese/butter on Atkins. I may need to go back onto it sometime in the future though as I have found out recently that I have the symptoms and the genetic marker for an arthritic disease called Ankylosing Spondylitis and they highly recommend a starch free diet for symptom remission. BT does cut down the starch drama…

• Re: Atkins chocolate bars special

TLP - - Low Carb Living

Quote from bexsi: “Hi just noticed pharmacy online has 83% off atkins chocolate bars. they have a short used by date but if anyone uses them it may be woth looking into.” The date is actually a 'best before' date, not a 'use by' date, being why they will be fine for a while longer than the date specified

• I ended up gaining on Atkins too because there were no portion restrictions (regarding amounts of protein). That's why I ended up on Bodytrim as I need some portion limitations. If I am told to eat until I am full, I eat far too much, if I am told to eat 100g, I eat 100g. For an example, an Atkins breakfast I would eat is 2-3 scrambled eggs (mixed with 1 tblsp cream) plus 3 or so rashers of bacon then topped with grated cheese. On BT (only having 100g protein) I get to eat 1 scrambled egg + 50 g…

• Personally I quite often split mine up and find I lose more on the weeks that I do

• Quote from Fiasco: “Could someone please explain how to do this diet?” Go to marksdailyapple.com and you will find all the information there

• Re: Starting BT again!

TLP - - Introduce Yourself

Thanks Chrysalis! I ended up losing 5.1 kgs in 4 weeks so far This week I have introduced the resistance bands for some weight bearing exercise and I am loving it! I plan on doing that 3 days a week also so I can tone up as I lose I have made my mind up that I will be slim for Xmas this year. For me, winter is the easiest time to lose weight so all guns are blazing at the moment! The more weight I can remove through winter the easier the rest will be to get rid of Good luck to you also

I don't go anywhere without my pedometer clipped to my pants!! I even hook it up to my undies first thing in the morning when I get out of bed and i'm still in my nightie! LOL! I don't want to miss a single step!! I am actually so much better at exercising when it's cold and dark, I am more motivated when I am not as hot as hell and sweating like a pig I also have a treadmill, so I just get on it at the end of the day to make up steps to 10,000and I don't get off it until it reads 10,000 steps

Hi Opalj I am currently on my 4th week of BT and I am doing really well. I have a weigh in on Sunday morning and I will also do measurements this week (I only do these once a month) I have lost around 5 kg's so far It's great as I am never hungry. The best tip I can give you is to make sure you get in the 10,000 steps every day. Don't use the BT pedometer though as they are all useless and don't work. I purchased one online for about $30-$40 and it works perfectly. If I don't get in my steps, i …

• I think it is ok every once in a while as the Blueberry Dream recipe was created by the BT nutrionist, so it musn't be too bad! I actually cut the cream down to 1/4 cup if I have it for brekky a couple of days per week :). I guess they figure it isn't something you will have every single day for breakfast.

• Quote from alannathatsme: “Protein shakes are a much better option than up and gos! Try have one and make a bolied egg the night before and eat on the go, very easy and tasty!” Unfortunately Up & Go's are a huge no-no! Way too many carbs. You would be much better off having a protein shake. The recipes on the BT website contain some nice protein shakes like "Blueberry Dream". It's my favourite. Recipe is as follows: Blueberry Dream Prep time: 2 minutes Cook time: 2 minutes Serves: 1 INGREDIENTS …

• Re: Protein bars on PO days...

TLP - - Low Carb Beginners

Yes, but not too many. I would only have 1 per PO day. I also only purchase the Aussie Bodies Lo Carb mini bars. They are really quite small and one of them does quite nicely

• Re: Chewing Gum on Bodytrim??

TLP - - Low Carb Beginners

Quote from lollyponpon: “i am such a twat! I got all excited about the lollies and went to the supermarket thinking it was the natural confectionafry company-- umm NO lolly-- they have 90gms of carbs per 100gms.. so i will try again tomorrow at the chemist...i don;t even crave them , i just think i'd like to have them as an option for when i do want something that doesnt taste like an egg, tuna or meat![/QUOTE] Just thought I would clarify for you (I may have misinterpreted what you have said) b…