Search Results

Search results 1-17 of 17.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• They turned out beautifully!!!:D

• My first ever batch of Oppsie rolls are in the oven NOW!!! I think I may have folded too much though:(

• Re: Bloody dieticians

Gilly - - Diabetes and Low Carb

I really don't understand these so called "profesionals" who will shoot you down in flames for doing something that is obviously working for YOU!!!:mad: My old doctor (since found a much better one) told me that I should be taking blood pressure tablets for the rest of my life as they are fine and that I should also take cholesterol lowering drugs to get that down. She wrote out a script which I did not fill as I did my research and discovered that the cholesterol drug would cause my BP to rise …

• Quote from Gosfordgirl: “No prizes for guessing where I live. For those who don't know, it's on the Central Coast of NSW. It's great, I've lived here for about 7 years, and am only 5mins from work. But I was born and bred in Newcastle, then left at 18yo to move to Sydney, where I lived for about 15 years, everywhere from Glebe to Cabramatta to Parramatta, finally to Ingleburn where I bought a house before I moved to Gosford.” We are almost neigbours now that I have moved to Kariong!

• Those muffins look yummy! Are they really low carb????? Also what are these "masher' things that I have heard mentioned?:confused:

• Re: Low Carb Take Away

Gilly - - Low Carb Living

I have had subway salad plates, they are great, everything you want minus the sub! I also get my kebabs on a plate without the wrap, it takes ages to eat as well!;)

• Re: Flavoured Drinks

I there such a thing as a low carb cordial??? I would love to know, I really don't enjoy plain water and don't like lemon! I know I must drink more water on this plan but its hard at times:(

• Welcome!!! You have made a great start, well done. This place is great for motivation, tips etc and the people on here are really nice and friendly. I will be following your progress!:D

• I may have to find some of these to take to my archery competition!! They should keep me ticking over!

• Re: Coconut Oil

Gilly - - Real Research and Media

I have just jumped on the bandwagon! I am using Cocopure virgin coconut oil, they do have a site and they are on the central coast NSW, almost local to me!!:)

• Quote from Sherrie: “Glad you enjoyed them Gilly the recipe is on the first page of this thread underneath the first set of photos.” Thank's Sherrie! I am going to have a go at these on Friday when I have the day off work!!

• I have been looking through the site but the link to the improved recipe does not seem to have the recipe there:( Can anyone post it here or tell me where to get a look at it? They sound perfect for me!!!

• I'm at Lake Munmorah:D

• Re: shirataki noodles

Anyone know where I can get these in the NWS Central Coast???

• That guy knows his stuff! Last night i got to 175/97 then I took some magnesium (3 tablets) and this morning it is 147/91! Much better!!! I really want to avoid taking medication for it but i know it can kill me if i don't get it under control! I really think that if i let my doc put me on tablets then i will struggle to get off them so diet is the better way for me, although hubby does not believe its diet related!!:rolleyes:

• Quote from Sherrie: “How are you going Gilly?” This is day 1 AGAIN! I have got another shock with my blood pressure getting too high and I don't want to go onto tablets! I know that low carb will bring it down so I am going to have to get serious about it or I may not be around too much longer, Its starting to worry my hubby so I have made a deal with him to go low carb and check my blood pressure everyday and if its not gone down by Monday morning I will make an appointment at the doctors. If a…

• Hi, Just starting this and also starting a new job! I have got 60lbs to lose and I want to find something really quick and easy for breakfast and lunch, I really don't have time for making breakfast in the mornings and I won't get up earlier as I don't sleep very well so I like to get all I can! I was thinking about using shakes or something similar for both meals then I can get creative in the evening for dinner. I really don't want to be messing about with shakers, water, milk etc! I would rat…