Search Results

Search results 1-12 of 12.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• mouldy keto bars

locarbrocks - - Low Carb Living

I used to work for a chocolate maker (yummo perks!), and it's true that bloom is harmless. BUT! A couple of friends and I have been buying MOULDYY keto bars lately in Sydney, and it's definitely not a bloom thing - I wouldn't eat them with fur on, no way! Oh god, it's a curse. Mouldy keto bars springing up around the country! I don't buy their temperature excuse either. This is Australia for crying out loud, it's hardly unexpected nor unusual ...

• Know Your Fats!

locarbrocks - - Health

Sherrie, can I ask if you're still off the Diane-35 - and finding that the coconut oil keeps your skin clear? I think it's time for a break from the Diane for me, I feel like my body's telling me it wants a time out ... it's been years. I'm just nervous as to how to manage my skin. How do you take the coconut oil please, if not cooking with it every day? And also, where owuld you say is the best place to buy good stuff? I know NOTJING about it. Thank you so much

• De-lite bars

Girls - I've tried these, yes. They're pretty good! They are quite common in health food stores, around Sydney anyway, and I think they make a nice change. Some great flavours

• Look what I just found!

... or maybe I should have given them a fair shot, guess they were maybe meant to be cooked in the oven and not nuked from frozen in the microwave huh? Hmmm, you give me renewed hope. Will leave them lingering in the freezer no more!

• Look what I just found!

Hey BB - hope you love them if you try them ... but gotta say I was really disappointed. Like you, I was really excited when I saw them, they look great. But tasted VERY ordinray, like very cheap meat (when they looked so PREMIUM when I saw them!), with an artificial tasting sauce thing. I really wanted them tobe good .....

• What is it with men??????

locarbrocks - - The Lounge

Hey, I know this is may sound really lame - but does he exercise? I know he's a lucky lean guy, I don't mean exrecise for the weight loss thing ... or even for the fitness - but for the 'happy hormones' it releases. It can make someone feel SO very much better if they are regularly working out (however they enjoy, weights, running, team stuff, just a brisk walk on the beach), mentally I mean - not just physically. Plus, it's something you could do together? If he's smart enough to be open to try…

• shirataki noodles

Laksa! I've read that they work best with Asian flavours rather than as a straight subsitute for pasta/noodles (because you may be disappointed that way, they do taste different). But in Asian dishes .... mmmmm. I am NO chef, but made the most irresistible laksa (just used a paste, fried up with some oil for flavour, added chicken - will use seafood next time I think - and coconut milk. Then the noodles. Garnish (red chillies). Enjoy. Go back for seconds!

• woe is me...

locarbrocks - - The Lounge

Sam, I've been a lurker for ages - and your diary is one that I have to admit I really enjoy reading. You sound fun, and are always compassionate, intelligent and insightful in your posts. Which is why I'm not surprised at all that you're looking for a way to help yourself with this thing, firstly just by talking about it. I don't have an amazing answer for you - you said yourself it's not really about finding a 'solution' - but I do deeply believe that talking about it is the right thing to do,…

• Shopping Planer

Thanks wise Sherrie... not just lo carb expert but compooter stuff too, nice! Worked a treat

• Shopping Planer

Help, can't open? I get pages of gobbledegook, what's the secret please net gurus?

• decaff tea - the solution!

Pixie - I have the answer for you! I drink a 100% caffeine free (naturally caffeine free, not decaffeinated ... they often use chemicals). It's a herbal tea - but TASTES like proper tea. It's South African - apparently the only place it grows. I used to know it as Red Bush, which is an English translation of its name ROOIBOS. It's pretty mainstream, not hard to find. Vital have an organic version that's in the Health Food aisle at my Coles. Have also seen other versions, also WW. You gotta try i…

• Help needed :)

locarbrocks - - Fitness and Exercise

Try sizematters.com.au - sister site to this, run by the same lovely people. It's for bodybuilders, and so is mainly a male community - but they are incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. If I were you I'd spend some time reading around over there, you'll pick up a lot. Or, there are some great books around. Simple, many with pictures to demonstrate the exercises