Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 230.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Berocca - ok on low carb?

Gizmo - - Low Carb Living

oops - forgot to mention - it has Guarana in it... Some people (my wife, for example) are allergic.. BUT - its a great pick-me-up !

• Re: Berocca - ok on low carb?

HI Gemma, I must admit I like these drinks as a recovery for "the morning after". My favourite is Hairy Lemon - I think from an ingredient perspective its better than Berocca (as in pick-me-up)... genepharm.com.au/hairylemon/about.jsp

• Re: INDIAN FOOD - HELP NEEDED

Good options are: Tandoori Chicken ...That is all..

• Wow - just saw this thread.. (and forum to be honest - I usually just refer to the forums I have bookmarked in my CP !!) As per my sig, Im a Shire Boy - live in Menai, work in North Sydney. DON'T get me started on the commute !!

• Re: BMR and Calories

No, It doesn't (as in you are correct ) From a day-to-day perspective, you should not have a greater deficiency than 1,000 calories from your estimate in order to lose weight. However, with the spreadsheet in mind I believe the row 6 comment sums it up best.. "As a general rule, in order to maintain a healthy metabolism, it is not advised for women to ever take their daily caloric intake below 1200 calories/day, while men should never go below approximately 1600 calories/day"

Quote from Sherrie: “Thanks Giz, which formula is that using?” Not sure, as I got this off someone else. I can tell you the formula used is.... =(66+(12.7*metabolic!B12)+ (6.27*metabolic!B11)-(6.8*metabolic!B13))*metabolic!B14 Where: metabolicB11 = Weight metabolicB12 = Height metabolicB13 = Age metabolicB11 = Activity

Ill make it real easy for all of you..

• Re: Facebook, anyone?

Gizmo - - The Lounge

If it gets annoying, you can actually create groups of your existing friends, and filter them out that way...

• Re: Before and After Photos

Gizmo - - Motivation & Resolve

..Ill commit to doing this as well, once I reach my goal weight. At this rate, I reckon about September is looking about right..

• smh.com.au/news/lifeandstyle/w…/03/19/1237054973019.html 'Nuf said..

• ..Funny, I got a different moral to this story.. Dont eat Coco Pops and jammy toasties before going on rides... Question - if what the woman wanted was the dress size and not the age...why did she wait so long to tell him ? Really, anytime between the coco pops and the popcorn at the movies would've been fine !! Which brings me to moral no: 2.. If a man does something wrong, dont expect to hear about it immediately !!

• Hey all, In case of a virus, trojan or something you have download which has (mostly) stopped the computer from working, you can revert to a previous state. 7/10 this will fix the majority of virus/trojan issues that otherwise will send your computer to some snot-nosed punk to perform the same steps (but charge you $100 for it !!). This is assuming that you can still get into windows - even if you have no menus, you should still be able to bring up Task Manager and run this program. The program …

• Re: How Does This Work?

you are more than welcome Julie.. My honest opinion is that positive attitude is as important as Ketosis for weight loss, and to quote one of my work colleagues.. "Humor is the laughter of the soul !!" (I paid him out mercilessly for weeks over THAT one !!)

• Re: How Does This Work?

...is this the time to promote my new diet ? Alcoholism !! No, I need a catchier name...how about "The sweetwater diet"...yea, that'll work. Now I need to extol the virtues of a liquid diet, which is packed with energy, and also leaves you with more confidence and energy ! Then I need to skip over the obvious side affects (which is always the next day)...however if they stick to the diet the "hair of the dog" will always keep them in the zone, so its all good !! Will also need a couple disclaime…

• sounds like a plan.. If the occasion calls for it, it usually pays to do some calorie counting...at least you won't stall too bad. For me - if I know temptation will be too strong, ill often drive. That way, I can only have about 2-3....

• To throw something else into the Wollies mix.. I noticed yesterday they now have THREE types of cream cheese.. Philly Home Brand - Wollies Select - Wollies Brand I got the select, and will post up the details once I get home (at work now..)

• Go Caz !! re: Xmas parties - I'm more worried about the amount of alcohol as opposed to the food options...

• Re: ADSL probs HELP!!!!!!!!

Gizmo - - Geek Forum

late post, but for those with similar issues in the future.. Checklist: Router - are the connection lights on ? (all of the usual ones) ? If not, it will be either the router or the connection/network. Most have a soft reset button which will reset the config to "out of the box". Then you need to go through the re-isntallation of the network settings. PC - network link active, settings (usually) on DHCP, check your Anti-Virus settings (sometimes updates will activate firewall blocking and deny y…

• Re: automatic log out

Gizmo - - Geek Forum

also - sometimes your cookies (LC, of course !) get corrupt. The cookie(s) are what remember your username and password for next time. Try and clear it, then re-create. Also, clearing your history can also help.. Think of it as an IE Detox..

• yup - im in. Actually started with my tricky-ticker before I saw this post !! I'm being a bit ambitious - I've also got 6 xmas parties (and counting) between now and then...so the challenge is well and truly on !!