Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 35.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Hey Ozgal, Well the birthday cheesecake was absolutely delicious!!! I ended up using 1 cup of natvia (the cheescake factory recipe suggests 1 1/3 cups sweetener) and it was perfectly sweet. I asked my husband (several times!) about the sweetness and he thought it was just right! I will be using natvia in my cheesecakes from now on. One tip though, I wouldn't bother with those little packets if you are planning on making a cheesecake with natvia. I realised I didn't have quite a cup left in my na…

• Hey Ozgal, Well the birthday cheesecake was absolutely delicious!!! I ended up using 1 cup of natvia (the cheescake factory recipe suggests 1 1/3 cups sweetener) and it was perfectly sweet. I asked my husband (several times!) about the sweetness and he thought it was just right! I will be using natvia in my cheesecakes from now on. One tip though, I wouldn't bother with those little packets if you are planning on making a cheesecake with natvia. I realised I didn't have quite a cup left in my na…

• Hey Ozgal, Thanks for your efforts in finding out about the natvia/sugar conversion - I'll be interested in the reply, fingers crossed they actually will reply. I agree with you and Sherrie, it is really confusing :confused:- maybe if they didn't include the reference to grams at all it would make it a straight forward one to one calculation! I just made a mini 'trial' cheescake as I had half a packet of cream cheese in the fridge that needed to be used so I had the brilliant idea of a mini chee…

• Thanks Ozgal, I bought the 200g tin of Natvia and the only 'sort of' reference to any conversion is the amount of calories in natvia per 3g teaspoon vs calories in sugar per 4g teaspoon. I think on that basis I would use natvia at 75% of required amount of sugar. I will be making this cheesecake again in a few days for my husband's birthday and will give it a go (poor guinea pig hubby!). He also loves orange flavour so I was thinking of flavouring the cheesecake orange somehow (maybe some grand …

• Hey Ozgal! That is great news. I'm glad to hear it worked out well. I may have to try the maple syrup myself. I bought some of the Natvia sweetener (combo of stevia and xylitol) but haven't actually tried it it anything yet, except I did put a teaspoon in my friend's coffee for him to try and he nearly died from the sweetness!!! Apparently the stevia is 400 times sweeter than sugar! I guess I should have given him 1/400th of a teaspoon Anyway I bought it to use in this cheesecake but am really w…

• Ha ha! Then you will have people staring at you for a whole new reason!! LOL

• Everyone has there own taste when it comes to sweeteners. I just bought some Natvia (100% natural sweetener - mix of stevia and erythritol) and will try this in my next cheesecake. Although I have no issues with Equal - was perfect in the cheesecakes I've made, I would prefer a natural sweetener. Some other artificial sweeteners (in sugar free lollies) give me really bad headaches. Hope the natural sweetener is a winner! Cheers!

• Hi Ozgal, No offence taken by your post, it was not harsh at all I think the cream vs sour cream thing may be the issue. No one (my husband had it too) reported any aftertaste - its just like a cheesecake 'normal' people eat hee hee The only other thing I did slightly different to the recipe was cook it for 1 hour - it was nicely browned at that point and didn't need the extra 15 mins. The original recipe gave the option of adding 6 eggs or 3 eggs for a creamier texture. I haven't tried it with …

• Hi Ozgal, Sorry to hear you didn't like the cheesecake. I actually made it over the weekend for the second time and it was really yummy. I had my parents over and we had some for dessert (I'm sure they were thinking - what is this low-carb thing gonna taste like!) and they loved it. The artificial sweetener I used is the Equal 'baking' one. Also maybe using the cream instead of sour cream may have added to the overall sweetness and aftertaste - the sour cream should counteract that. I know what …

• Re: Body Trim

Lisy - - Introduce Yourself

I agree, protein shakes are a great idea for breakfast. After the detox, I was having bacon and eggs religiously every day (mainly because I couldn't think of any alternatives). After a while I was so sick of it, then I got some chocolate protein powder and mix in some psyllium and wheat bran - this provides a quick, nutritious (full of fibre) and yummy breakfast!

• Re: Another new bodytrimmer!

Lisy - - Introduce Yourself

Hi Pergull, I am exactly the same when it comes to coffee, I refuse to give it up! I have coffee every day - skim cappucinno on workdays and less exciting coffee with breakfast on the weekends. As you are only adding a little milk it won't make much difference to your carb intake (unless you drink it all day long!). Caffeine is great before you exercise too (not so great to have a coffee post work-out). The benefits in drinking coffee on your metabolism outweigh the minimal effect of a little mi…

• Your German quiche looks really scrummy! Thanks Lea - that will be my next recipe to try. The sweetener I have at the moment is Equal (the baking one) so I'll try it with that.

• Sounds divine Lea, let me know how it turns out! If it's not as good as you'd hoped for, then the wine will take your mind off it hee hee

• You will love it! I love the sound of the German quiche too so if you don't mind posting that recipe too, that would be wonderful. All these great recipes!!! YAY! Spinach and Feta Tart Ingredients 100g onion, finely diced 100g bacon, finely chopped 200g frozen spinach, thawed 200g feta cheese, crumbled 350g ricotta cheese 6 eggs ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper Method 1. Preheat oven to 180C (fan forced 170C) 2. Grease quiche dish lightly with olive oil 3. Lightly fry onion and bacon, add spinach…

• Thanks Lea I will definitely try your quiches, the one in the picture looks fantastic! I made a Spinach and Fetta tart today - really just like a quiche with no base. I can highly recommend it Let me know if you're interested and I'll post the recipe Cheers, Lisy

• Hi everyone, Am feeling a bit down about my BT progress and would welcome any comments if others have had a similar experience. I've been doing BT for about 5 weeks and the scales are not reflecting much of a loss at all. Although I do feel things have toned up and I'm on the right track. I am just so frustrated that the scales aren't being friendly and I think this is destroying my confidence in the whole program!!! Please help me!!!

• Re: Breads

Lisy - - Breads, Pizza, Wraps and Taco Shells

Hi Strawberry, Thanks for posting your bread recipe. I'm wondering what it is like - it's a really unusual mix of ingredients! Thanks also for the cake recipe which I'm also intrigued as to what this would turn out like? Cheers, Lisy

• Hi everyone, I'd be interested in your thoughts as to how many grams of carbs to aim for daily. I know it will differ depending on whether you are following Atkins, BT etc and which Phase you are in (ie. induction, detox, maintenance etc). I've just starting tracking my daily carbs and calories and want to make sure my daily carbs are in the ballpark for weight loss. Any advice will be soooooo helpful please! Cheers, Lisy

• Soory, haven't had my coffee yet - I meant 'Congratulations' of course

• LOL Congratulions, what a milestone for you!!! Good luck at the audition