Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 234.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• I was really worried about free days too but it really is amazing that you cant eat as much as you think you will and you do get fuller faster and not want the sweet stuff as much. It is so important to get straight on that protein only day the next day though!

• I'm similar to Patto. I take the breastfeeding multi and Max is 20 months, so its not like hes a newborn. I reckon the eating plan is fabulous because I can have porridge or toast in the mornings which id never done before on other low carb eating plans. Meat and salad or veg and snacks all in between, sounds good to me. I do notice my energy levels suffer if I dont take my multivitamin, but I have extra protein shakes if im hungry and drink lots of water. Patto we have similar amounts to lose s…

• Hey everyone! I am breastfeeding my 20 month old son ( I cant remember not breastfeeding, this is bub number 3!!) I have found that since starting BT, this has not effected my milk and in fact my son has started sleeping through, thank goodness!! I hang out for free day, but feel crappy at the end of the day and look forward to PO day the next day. I cant eat as much as I used to and even the sweet stuff that I love, I have one bite and dont want anymore, its crazy, but great. My middle daughter…

• Re: BT and protein bars?

Lauren78 - - Low Carb Beginners

I eat them too, more than 3 times a week and last week I lost 1.6kg, so i dont think its hurting me. They do have the bosy trim bars and cookies in many pricelines now and some Coles and Woolies, so you dont have to buy a whole box. I always keep a protein bar in my handbag, just in case. If i feel like I really "need" something sweet its there and it hits the spot.

• Good luck Nik! I have just completed my first week on body trim. I lost 2.3kg this week. My 3rd bub still wakes in the night, so i am very much sleep deprived, and busy like you, but managed to lose some weight. Its handy having your hubby doing it too, mine is skinny, so doesnt need to, he can eat what he wants and cant put on weight! Being organised is the key i reckon. Know the day before what meals and snacks you ll have for the next day, so youre prepared and are less likely to grab somethi…

• oh oh, i just baked one of these pavs, it is soft not crunch on outside and liquid has run out, maybe i should taste it.....give me a minute...... hey its not bad, I like it!! I used 6 egg whites, 1 1/4 cups xylitol, 1 tsp vanilla,1tsp white vinegar and 2 tsp cornflour. It looks good, is soft on outside, marshmallowy inside, I think its winner. A bit of cream and im sorted!!

• Re: Dukan Friendly Receipes

Lauren78 - - Low Carb Recipes

Thanks for these recipes! I have been looking for some Dukan recipes. I just tried the microwave bread. I didnt like it by itself, it was ok with an egg on top, but it was good toasted with a little bit of sugar free maple syrup on top like french toast, thanks!!

• Will definately try these as I love all your recipes!!!!!!!!!!

• Re: Anyone in Toowoomba??

Lauren78 - - Meet and Greet

Thanks for thinking of us in Toowoomba, our place was flooded and it was a very scary time with myself and my 3 kids in the house while it flooded as we couldnt get out. We have had to move house as they do not know when our house would be liveable again. The clean up is a pain, but we are getting there and tring to get settled into a new house, get new furniture and try and get the kids in routines with my eldest strating school and my middle starting kinder. its busy, but we are doing ok. Than…

• Re: Pumpkin mousse

Lauren78 - - Desserts and Sweets

I think youre right about them being reasonably high in carbs. This is really filling though, so I guess you wouldnt eat too much, yummy though!

• Pumpkin mousse

Lauren78 - - Desserts and Sweets

This is really yummy! Ingredients: •1 cup pumpkin puree •1 cup plus 2 cups chilled heavy cream •¾ cup granulated sweetener •¾ teaspoon cinnamon •¼ teaspoon nutmeg •1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract • Preparation: How to make spiced pumpkin mousse: In a medium saucepan, stir together the pumpkin, 1 cup heavy cream, sweetener, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Chill for at least …

Hi Joee, I have about 30 kilos to lose and after my thrid baby it it so much harder for some reason. If you ever want to catch up and share some low carb yummy foods let me know! Its been a great move for us and we love it here.

• Hey Queenslanders! Do you guys have catch ups where we all bring low carb food to share, etc? Im in Toowoomba

Thats sounds great Kerri, i look forward to catching up sometime in the near future. Just checking out your weight loss, big congrats! See you in the sunshine state! Lauren

• Anyone in Toowoomba??

My family (hubby, two daughters 4 & 2 and one on the way) are moving to Toowoomba, Qld at the end of January 2010. We dont know anyone there are all. If there are any catch ups that happen around there, please let me know. Lauren

• Hi, Im in VIC at the moment but my family and i are moving to Qld. We are looking at Toowoomba at the moment. Any tips about there? Hopefully i will be able to catch up with you queenslanders when we get up there. We are selling our house at the moment, then the move will happen Lauren

• Re: Easy Chicken Pancakes

Lauren78 - - Breakfast

My kids love them too, which is always a bonus! They can be pretty plain, but if you add extras, yummo

• Easy Chicken Pancakes

Lauren78 - - Breakfast

i steamed chicken breast & 3 eggs. Blend these up (I use my magic bullet), makes a batter, cook. Makes about 6 pancakes, induction friendly, top with butter. You could experiment like crazy....cheese....herbs....chilli...etc

• I need motivation. I have put on 1.8kg over the last few weeks. I have become quite relaxed in my eating. I am exercising, so i dont need motivation with that, but i need it to get back to eating properly. I want to lose this extra weight and finally get back into the 70's. Wish me luck.

• Re: low carb shopping online

Lauren78 - - Low Carb Living

Oh my god, website says the turkish delight was 11g carbs per packet, its actually 78g carbs per packet. Am in shock. I have rung to complain and emailed, i will hound them til i get answers on that one. I sort of ate them all (7 bits), without looking first, trusting what they had said. Now i cant eat til Christmas!!