Search Results

Search results 1-18 of 18.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Quote from Sherrie: “Low carb needs to be high fat, this is important because the fat becomes your energy source. ” So i think i can use avocados more in juicing, its high in fat as well as nuts, but sadly no fruits and veggies that is high in fat. But though i drink more fruits and veggies now, i believe i have a lot of stored fats, and there are juice recipes that are energy booster.

• Thanks Sherrie! To be safe i consume more fruits and veggies to hit a low calorie diet and low carb.. i juice in the morning and evening since i had my juicer, it makes me full and doesn't want to eat fatty foods anymore

• Quote from Sherrie: “No this is not true, limiting to 1200 calories is not necessary and can cause problems. ” Really? a fitness trainer told me that a lot of times hahaha.. so what's the supposed calorie intake of average women in a day?

• Quote from Tippi: “I dont think it helps alleviate hay fever. I did some online research and I found that it only helps in liver detox and blood sugar control. Dr Oz did not mention anything about hay fever. I hope this helps, Alona ” oh maybe its not the tea that helps me cure, its the steam with vicks and the humidifier did great works on my way to recovery from hay fever, although i just thought that drinking hot tea is like sipping a soup which helps loosen up clogged nose..

• this is a good read.. been stretching hard before the work out proper. Gosh ! i might be stretching too far which causes my muscle cramps

• You have to watch your calorie intake, for average girls should be 1200 cal / day. If you're going on a diet you can have a calories lower than 1200 a day. But that is so hard to achieve unless you just eat fruits and veggies the whole day or biscuits.

• Quote from Tippi: “I just want to share with you guys that artichoke drink is a better choice than regular tea My mom has got diebete and bad cholesterol. There is no doubt about her health result because she doesn't have a good eating habit. Anyway, I am still looking for something can help her get rid of bad cholesterol and I found artichoke tea is a good drink for her to use after meal. She had drunk for 1 month and luckily her blood pressure is in control and bad cholesterol is reduced (of c…

• Wanna try this one too , looks good and delish! Do you have an alternative to psyllium husks? If ever i don't have that ingredient?

• Coffee

Alona - - Low Carb Beginners

I use stevia sugar only for coffee.. more healthy and i don't drink coffee everyday. I do vegetable juicing 4-5x using my slow juicer so i get the juice' nutrients fresh thats less of carb and coffee 2-3x a week that's normally my ratio.

• Colds and flu dries up my throat,remedy?

Alona - - Health

Quote from Aspiring: “Haven't used this in Aus but when we were living in a snowy area, everyone used humidifiers because the cold vs internal heating = dry air. This would help if you are in such an area. ” Thanks! i guess that causes my dry throat.It can be so irritating esp at night I cough a lot. I bought this unit ionmax and so far works well although i forgot to ask the store where i bought it, about its coverage for how big is the room it can cover.. bec sometimes there's a low output of …

• Weekly weigh In

Alona - - Motivation & Resolve

I do weigh in once a week or seldom cause i particularly lose interest if i see i didn't lose a pound so i just relie on what i see with my body. I do juicing of veggies and fruits to help lose weight and i think it gets me bloated when i'm full but would return to normal after an hour or so.. Do you think weighing in often would help in motivating dieters like us?

• Colds and flu dries up my throat,remedy?

Alona - - Health

They say a humidifier adds moisture to dry winter air which reduces the symptoms of cold and flu by soothing the throat and reducing irritation of the nasal passages, anyone experienced this? What about steam with vicks?

• water coffee and green tea looks good might try this one.

• Vegetable Recipes

Alona - - Vegetable Recipes

Kale Away Juice all ingredients in your slow juicer and serve, Enjoy! 4 leaves of Kale 2 Carrots 1/2 cucumber 1 green apple You may add or double or triple the kale and cause it's a good source of calcium, iron, sulfur, chlorophyll and vitamin A, and its beta carotene content far outweighs spinach. Kale is a rich source of anti-cancer chemicals, as are most members of the cruciferous family.

• Vegetable Recipes

Alona - - Vegetable Recipes

Grilled Vegetables The best grilled vegetables 3 red bell peppers, seeded and halved 3 yellow squash (about 1 pound total), sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick rectangles 3 zucchini (about 12 ounces total), sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick rectangles 3 Japanese eggplant (12 ounces total), sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick rectangles 12 cremini mushrooms 1 bunch (1-pound) asparagus, trimmed 12 green onions, roots cut off 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil Salt and freshly ground blac…

• Wanna try this looks yummy!!!

• i think in the morning cause in the morning you're burning fats, they say.. but i'm not saying you're not burning fats in the afternoon.. it still depends on how you exercise and how intense you work out..

• Excellent article

Alona - - Low Carb Beginners

Quote from Big bill: “I found this article and thought I'd share it. It really gives the full rundown on the benefits of low-carb whole food diets, and busts a lot of myths. In terms of presenting the facts in straightforward and simple terms, it is probably the best article I've read on the subject. (Sherrie, let me know if sharing articles like this is an issue, and I'll happily delete it). 10 Things Dietitians Say About Low-Carb Diets That Don’t Make Sense ” Thanks for sharing this article.. …