Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 152.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

Patty - - Introduce Yourself

Hi JanAnV, I just made a 14 day batch of grain free granola (bacically just nuts and seeds , coconut oil) I have it with cream and/or yoghurt and it keeps me full..plus it's very "moorish". I'll post the recipe if you're interested. Welcome to the group.

• Thanks Sherrie. I've never heard of the term, but will google it.

• I'm fairly new to Nutritional Ketosis and have watched Phinney's lecture videos. Among other NK topics, he talks about bone broth. How important is it to make a batch and take this on a daily basis? I also note that he recommended 5g of sodium daily (3 g from our food and an extra 2g from either bone broth or boullion cubes) when in ketosis. At the moment I'm just adding salt to food (something don't do normally) or having a chicken stock cube drink when I feel light headed. Will our health suff…

• First timer

There's a lot of good information here as well ...not just recipes. All the best!

• First timer

Welcome to the group. Sounds like you 'know the ropes' and have a positive attitude. I wish my hubby were more like you ...he shares the same weight as yourself and needs to lose about 20 kg. Wishing you every success!

• Number in red cirle??

Patty - - The Lounge

Thanks Sherrie. I always look at the list on the right for new posts, but it's good to know.

• Number in red cirle??

Patty - - The Lounge

Can anyone explain what the small numbered red circle is in the website? I thought it might have something to do with posts?

• Best Calcium Supplement?

Patty - - Supplements

I'm with you Sherrie. Read some articles on the downside of calcium supplements yesterday and am almost convinced they can do more harm than good. I'll look into increasing food sources and maybe buy a powdered bone broth from the health store. My GP suggested food sources, not supplements but it's difficult to reach the 1300 mg per day consistently.

• Back after a few years

Hi Nancye, Welcome to our happy circle. Wishing you every success reaching your weight loss goals. Looking forward to some chats.

Patty - - Supplements

Thanks for thinking of me, Sherrie. It's a worry that one can get calcified arteries and we are harming ourselves taking supplements. Perhaps I should try to get all my calcium from food sources. There's a lot of money tied in with supplements and advertising, but you wonder whether they are really helping?

Patty - - Supplements

D3 was last tested last August 2015 (end of winter) and was a bit low (50 not the recommended 100) after that I was taking D3 alone for a while. Next blood will be done in March 2017, so hopefully there will be an improvement.

Patty - - Supplements

Hi Sherrie, My GP advised me to increase my calcium intake about a year ago (I'm 64) . I have 100 g Greek yogurt daily and 2-3 times a week I'll have 30 g full fat cheese as well as can of sardines or salmon. That probably gives me some of my daily calcium needs. The supplement I chose does not cause constipation (like Caltrate did), but I wonder if its one of the better types? I'm taking 2 capsules /day. Each capsule of Wagner's Total Calcium Complete contains: 961.55 mg Hydroxyapatite (equiv. …

• Dry lips in winter only

Patty - - Women and Health

Thanks Sherrie. Looks like your coconut oil suggestion is the best choice for lip care home remedies. DRY LIP REMEDIES Sometimes, going natural with your lips can be the best way to go. Below are some of the most effective remedies for dry lips, using ingredients that are more than likely already found in your kitchen cupboard. Coconut oil Coconut oil helps to boost the overall health of your skin and can help to improve dry lips. It is a natural fat that contains medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs…

.....In food or directly, Sherrie?

I'd like to know what you find best for treating dry (but not chapped) lips (commercial or home made) . Seems that each winter (due to lower humidity) I'm plagued with this, though it's only been a problem since I turned 60. It could be something to do with being post menopausal. I've also noted I have a lot less hair in my legs/ underarms. Could hormones also be causing dry lips? I tried pressing/holding a used green tea bag between my lips without much success. Appreciate any help in this prob…

• Back after a few years

Hi Leanne, Discipline, patience, calorie counting, 30 mins exercise daily if possible, drinking pure water half your weight in fluid oz per day, avoiding stress and keeping carbs to <30g. I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but these tips work for me. Maybe you could start a diary here to keep you focused?

• Brittle Hair and Nails

I love Argan oil for my hair and my Vaseline intensive care hand cream must have some strengthening ingredients in it.

• What skincare do you swear by?

I'm 64 and use all Nivea products from the supermarket.....good product at a sensible price.

• Asian Meatballs

Patty - - Chicken / Poultry

Makes 10 F 4.6 - C 2.6 - P 9.5 and 84 cals. per patty 500g chicken mince 1T freshly grated ginger 1T oyster sauce 1T sweet chilli sauce 4 spring onions, thinly sliced 1T cornflour (or almond meal?) olive oil spray Combine all ingredients and cook in non stick flypan (olive oil spray first)

• New to this site.

Hello Leanne and welcome. Hope you are finding your way around. I'm 64 and in Australia. I've been on several plans low carb plans over the years, so we may have something in common. Come back soon.