Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 45.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Muffins not rising

worpec - - Low Carb Living

Thanks everyone for the replies. I made a batch of 6 on friday, put in 3 tspn of baking powder:D to make sure that they rise. Did not let them sit at all put them straight into the oven and........ they didnt rise:mad: Today I am going to buy a oven temp to check my oven heat, although it is only 4 years old. I will report back to you....in the meantime the birds are loving the rock hard ones.:rolleyes: Bye for now

• Melting chocolate

Hi Funky monkey, caution is required with microwaving choc as the choc heats up very quickly and could burn a hole through your plastic micro wave dish and then set the fire alarm off due to the smoke and you pass out from the smell of burnt choc:o Do it in 10 sec bursts, then stir, then 10 secs more, then stir until you are happy with consistency. Break the choc up initially as this will help. Seriously...due caution is needed as it gets VERY hot.... and it is very hard to wipe off the inside o…

• Muffins not rising

Thanks All, I follow the same recipe but use the walnuts and cinnamon and the muffins have always been light but these ones are like day old scones that have been left in the sun:confused: I will do a small batch of six today, take it back to the basic recipe and see how I go. So if no one else has had the same problem it must be either my method or the oven:(

• Muffins not rising

Hi All, can anyone help me in regards to the muffin mix. I have been using this now for about 12mths and always enjoyed them, however now they don't seem to be rising and they are not as 'light' as they used to be. I haven't changed anything in the way I cook them. The last lot came out 'chunky', so I went and bought a new tin of baking powder thinking that that was the problem, my new order arrived tuesday, so with much gusto I baked only to see that they are the same as last time!!!! Has the b…

• Cauliflower, leek and bacon soup.

worpec - - Soup Recipes

Hi, I just used the whole cauliflower as although I eat it, the man isnt too keen on it. So I suppose it was more than 600g but it was quite yummy and not too thick. i just remembered that I used all the leeks so it was probably 3 instead of two only to use it all up. I will try putting celery in it next time just for a taste adventure.:D

• Cauliflower, leek and bacon soup.

worpec - - Soup Recipes

Rebecca, absolutely yummy, even without the potatoes...just right for a winters night. Thank you......:D

• what the doctor said - durathon

Xenical....don't go there it is not a pleasant experience.....Doing the Atkins is a better way as it is a WOL and in my humble experience the best way to go. Doctors who recommend Xenical should be flogged, as it doesnt help the patient in any way understand their body..BTW on a cream couch there is no way to remove the stain!!!!!!!!!:mad:

• Protein and Insulin

I will watch for more info on the Kick Start also. I have Hashimotos Disease and although I still have my shrivelled up Thyriod it is only there for show (and its good looks!!!!) I havent really understood the benefit of taking Thyroxine other than it stops me from developing into a sloth, that would eventually kill me. That explains why my metabolism is still so bad and my hair is still falling out after 10years. I have a feeling that my doctor knows as much as I do (which up until now was very…

• Help

Hi Delia, maybe its just an off day, hormones out of whack, TOM due, or your body has decided it is going to show you who is boss!!!!:mad: When this happens I just go with the flow and take it easy, avoid all undue stress, read a book or watch Sleepless in Seatle D Believe that tomorrow will be better and that nothing is going to put you off this WOL, not even a bad day!!!!!! Maybe the natural sugars in Rockmelon was enough to send everything in a spin and you are on a natural low, like when you…

• I am so excited

Congrats Delia, you must be feeling over the moon:D Keep it going, it is worth it!!!!!! I don't trust my scales anymore, I judge it by how my clothes fit, and I must say 'very well' at the moment!!!!. Thank goodness I didn't throw all of them out!!!!!:D as I have a whole new wordrobe now. If I can do it anyone can;)

• miss pasta?

Thanks for sharing this info with us sambalam:D I will go looking for some cause we do miss the ease of pasta on a cold winters night. so its worthwhile trying. I noticed that you can order it online but they are out of stock:mad: Cheers

• Funny or embarrassing moments

worpec - - The Lounge

Now that is something you can tell your grandchildren!!!:D

• Durathon... Any Good???

worpec - - Supplements

Sherrie, I have a batch of Durathon with the recall number. I got it from here, so do I post it back and will I get a refund or replacement? Funny I checked everything else and thought I was in the clear, missed this one:mad:

• OZGAL, tried your pancakes this morning and they were fantastic:D Such a great change from B&E or muffins. Thanks for the recipe, it shall be used on a regular basis:)

• Diet Jelly

Thanks guys for your quick replies. This could be the cause of my stall:mad: The size of my serving:o as big as a bucket!!!!!!!How often....every day:eek: Fool,fool,fool:rolleyes: one born every day. Okay from now on, jelly on a very limited basis, knew it was toooo goooood to be true :

• Diet Jelly

Is it okay to have a bowl of Diet Jelly? I thought it was cause it has nil carbs and only 6cals per serving. Would it be enough to throw me out of Ketosis, and can one have it during induction? Thanks.

• Happy Birfday to you Rossana Hope you had a great day and got lots and lots of pressies:D Another year wiser and more beauuuutiful by the day:D

• Dr Atkins Cookbook- Seltzer????

Thanks RBB, It didnt occur to me to look for a thread....I appreciate your quick response:D

• Tuna Bake

worpec - - Seafood Recipes

Welcome back Molly:D The recipe thread is fantastic. I have cooked many,many things from it. I have printed out a book full of recipes that I refer to all the time:) Take the time out to read some and you will be greatly impressed:D

• Dr Atkins Cookbook- Seltzer????

I hope someone can help me. I have been checking out recipes in Dr A's book and he keep mentioning 'Seltzer'. I have no idea what it is so therefore I cannot replace it with anything similiar. What oh what could it be:confused: Any help would be greatly appreciated:D