Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 359.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: I'm new but determined!

Rania - - Introduce Yourself

Good on you for making it past the first 3 PO days, a lot of folks struggle with this. Forget weighing in for a bit, how are you feeling in yourself? Always more important than what the scales say I think.

• Re: Exercise Challenge

Rania - - Exercise and Supplements

I'll look into the seats if I last past this week of bike hire. Picking up tomorrow.

Good on you for being so determined and sticking to it! I found a bike shop that hires bikes so thought I might go check them out tomorrow, that way I could try a few for a week at a time and see what I think. They said they have a wide range of bikes they hire so we'll see.

• Re: I'm new but determined!

Rania - - Introduce Yourself

sama Lala! When we first started LCC and I started cooking 100% low carb (I used to cook "real" pasta, or chips or a potato etc for him) he dropped 12 kg's and I struggled with my last 4 to a mini goal! I go on a carb bender and add 4 kg's and he adds 1! But anyway ... welcome Kirsty, you'll find all the ideas, support and fun here you'll ever need

I'm more concerned the looney is keeping an eye on me! He followed me towards home so I walked past my place and called my partner Ian a few k's down the road to pick me up since cars beat walking looneys. Ian wanted to run him over to solve all the issues but I'm a lover not a hit'n'run kinda gal. I think I'll definitely have to build back up, even though I've been doing a lot of exercise this last 3 weeks since I was running, it will still be a shock to the system no doubt. I'm not sure how yo…

Great job folks! 18k's blow me out of the water. I love running too Warratah but I am yet to find that zone. My zone is currently huffing and puffing and blowing the house down? But I still love it! Sorry for no report yesterday, I decided not to do any exercise as I was concerned I would fall and break my leg if I tried to do anything more than lay on my bed and try not to let any bad things happen! I also decided using any electrical equipment such as a computer may result in a lightening stri…

flexible grannys rock! In one of the 2 yoga classes I did, one was taught by this lady older than age itself and she was far far far more flexible than anyone else there. I was impressed. I'm looking to do some fun new stuff here in Newcastle. I want to get back into Karate now my arm is getting better (tennis elbow for 7 months *cry*)

Thanks Kel How do you find yoga in terms of exercise? I've only ever really done it once or twice and felt very uncoordinated! Is it good exercise?

I think it must be true Lala. I've had very little alcohol for the past 12 months and then had 7 or so and felt very drunk! I run low carb central - an online low carb store here in Australia, so I may complain about moving almost 10 tonnes of product, but I really just moved 10 tonnes of low carb heaven for me Felt so motivated this morning, I went to the warehouse and packed all my orders, then I felt so good I walked home! It's not nearly as hot here today as it's overcast so it was a nice wa…

Happy New Year to all my exercise buddies. Eek indeed Warratah ! I'm glad at least they ushered you in and you were safe. Shame you kayak was interrupted though I did nothing at all other than feel incredibly ill all day. I kind of forgot that my tolerance for alcohol would be far lessened. I had 7 drinks over a 6 hour period and went to bed feeling ill at about 2am. Today was not much better. But ... from tomorrow I am right back here with you guys. I have a massive day of order packing tomorro…

Well I started off just by cooking some stuffing which I normally really like to add veggies and meat to and eat as a meal, but then I decided to make one of those roast rolls you can buy, but make it from scratch without the carbs so it ended up as a cranberry, macadamia and brie stuffed chicken breast roll. Then I was in the mood so I made a cake, but it needed 4 egg yolks so I was left with 4 egg whites, so I also made meringues with the leftover whites. Then of course I had to make a cream c…

Day off for me too. I did lots of low carb cooking though

Had a lovely hour long walk (although it was fairly leisurely) along the water. Ian has never been to Newcastle before (moved here on my say so!) and so I wanted to show him around a bit. Lots of kitesurfers today. I bet that's good exercise.

I'm here ! But am cooking up a storm today before I go for a nice long walk along newcastle's forshore to check it out. Still so warm here, waiting till about 7pm to do it. You're so funny doing exercise at that time of night kel, sounds like something I would do so I don't have to report not doing anything!

Still spending the days unpacking and getting sorted but that should end today. Today is the day we start sending orders back out again, so we're finally organised. But now it's getting all the orders we received over Christmas out today, so it's going to be a big one. Put my fitbit on again today (it got packed in the move and just found it yesterday) so it'll be interesting to see how many steps I take today! From tomorrow I am going to get back to running, it fell by the wayside as I was just…

haha Lala I know that feeling! Particularly at this time of year. it's a lovely time with family but everything else doesn't stop just because it's Christmas, we just add stuff to do on top of everything else! Have a wonderful day my fellow exercise buddies. It's been so wonderful to have some nice healthy interaction and encouragement with people As Lala says, let's keep keeping on. I love being able to report in, feels good See you ladies on the other side of the big fat red man. So the remova…

I'm looking forward to being able to do "exercise" again instead of this exhausting unpacking! The business arrived on Sunday so we've been into another busy bee of unpacking (there's that same darn 1.3 tonne of product again!) We'll get a small 1.5 day break at Christmas then 2 more busy days. And then finally I will be able to choose what kind of exercise I want to do. I found a beautiful park near our new house where I will do many hours of running Have a great Christmas ladies and gents. It'…

I am very challenged after my exercise today does this count? I packed up the business (moving that same damn 1.3 tonne of product AGAIN!) for 10 hours. I think I will have a sore set of legs and arms tomorrow! Glad to see you guys are still kicking along nicely while I am semi mia. Catch you when I am a Newcastrian (I have no idea if that's the right term!)

Quick check in from me! Still been doing my packing everyday which is keeping me busy. We move next Wednesday so I'll be keeping busy

Yes Kel, you are so right, our bin is already full as can be ! I'll be off the air for the next little while now as we're getting our internet disconnected here tomorrow so it can be connected at the new place witht he same account. This means we'll be working off a dodgy wireless connection, so I might be able to check in on my phone a bit but won't be around much. Still keeping up my running, it's going really well. I haven't done it every day as some days I have just been too exhausted (hello…