Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 26.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Put me down for staying the same this week please! I think I need to remember I have a gym membership and, well, use it. :-/

• Made it. Lovely cake!

• Is it too late to join this thread?! I weighed in yesterday at 58.9. Amazing how when I focus on basic low carbing principles my weight starts coming down again! I'm wanting to get down to 52kg (I'm short, so high 50's is too heavy for me). Would love to join the Wednesday weigh in for some accountability!

• They look amazing! Will definitely be baking up a batch and giving these a try. Thank you!

• criobru.com.au/crio-bru/ I think it's okay for low carbing. It ended up being a great substitute to get me off Coke Zero. Anything that can get me kicking that habit has got to be good!

• Does anyone else drink Crio Bru brewing cocoa? It's 100% roasted cocoa beans, and is made up in a plunger like coffee. 1.5g carb per serve. I'm loving it on it's own, but it is slightly bitter. If I'm wanting a bit more of a traditional 'chocolate' hit I add stevia and a dash of cream. Sensational!

• How great is it when you ditch the diet mentality and all the rules that go with it!

• Re: Hi from Melbourne!

Missinked - - Introduce Yourself

Sigh. It's frustrating. I was eating that one occasionally as well. I'm also a touch frustrated that I caved and had chocolate cake and now feel revolting. :-/

*stalks recipe section for choc nut bar* Melting Away, this site is a fantastic resource. I'm vegetarian for reasons of animal welfare, so my diet is a bit more limited and not as carb controlled as it could be. I include Greek yogurt, full fat, in my diet as my breakfast food with nuts because it tastes fantastic! Or eggs. Scrambled with cream. YUM! Or frittatas with roast vegetables make a great breakfast food as well. And if I remember right, there's a recipe here for Oopsie rolls and some tr…

Awwwww YOU GUYS!!!! You certainly know how to make a girl feel good! Currently breakfasting on lovely Greek yogurt and macadamias. With a cup of natural brewed pure cocoa. This way of eating is so nice! I'm on a mission to ditch the processed 'helper' foods, the commercial protein bars etc which I was using as a bridge to low carbing and keep my body fueled with natural real food. My taste buds are happy and I'm learning that NOOOOOOO I don't need to reach for a bar!

Hey Sherrie! I've rediscovered this forum again last week after about a year away. Not sure why I left! Low carb has equalled girly problems settling down AND I'm 6kg lighter. There's been some cheats lately which has seen my weight creep up a little bit (I was down 8kg) so I'm back here and knuckling down. I feel so much better without sugary carby stuff going on! I'm also doing a happy dance that you posted here after soooooo long. You are fabulous!

• Bipolar and grumpy

Missinked - - Women and Health

Hey guys, I'm about as bipolar as they come....sanity is not my strong point at the moment as I'm a bit all over the place!! I haven't been on meds for about six months (single mother, no money!!) but have an appointment to go back on them tomorrow. My dose of sodium valproate is HIGH!!! Now, last time I was on these things, I stacked on weight like crazy. No change in eating habits, but I got steadily fatter. Is there anyone low carbing and having any luck keeping weight under control on these …

• So, stupid question. What do i do?! Or take? Told you it was a stupid question!

• I'm getting periods twice a month as well.....and massively tired, depressed and grumpy when it's happening. GRRRRRRRRR. And of course, I run straight for the pasta when I'm tired and cranky! I'm on the only pill that works for me for now (depo provera = a period lasting six solid months), scared that implanon will have the same effect as depo so not wanting to try that. Need some hormone straightening out! ARRGGGHHHHH *grumbling*

• Re: Eating out, little help?

Missinked - - Low Carb Living

Oh yeah..... DOH!!!! *lightbulb switches on*

Thanks Zed! Got back on track today, can say I'm much happier now! No more focusing on what I can't have. Not when there's so much I can and I'm so much better for it!! It's all about smarter choices next time for this occasionally very blonde girl! :p

You guys are the best! Deena, I'll see if they have a takeaway menu to post here. Otherwise I'll definitely remember all these suggestions for next time. Still headachy and blah as the day progresses. Note to self: noodles and rice are not my friend!

Will keep a hold of this info. Thank you!!!

• Eating out, little help?

So......my boyfriend decided to take me out to dinner last night. Excellent, I think last night. Stupid, I think this morning. We go to an Asian restaurant (there is literally nothing, and I mean NOTHING else in the suburb where we work). Every dish came with masses of noodles, which of course, being weak and indecisive, I ate.... And I'm paying for it this morning. I have a massive headache and feel hungover for heaven's sake. GRRRRRRRR. Short of never going out again, how to eat out? I really …

• Deena, hearing stuff like that blows me away. So very cool!