Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 23.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Neufchatel

Sweetgirl - - Low Carb Recipes

Which Cheesecakes have you been making? I have been jumping around the cheesecake thread and was just wondering which were good. I have tried the one with the condensed milk (mock) in it - but will have to use less splenda next time as it was too sweet. Anyone in Queensland know of where to get this type of cheese? I will have to go looking......

• Which is the cheesecake that everybody raves about? Or does everybody have there favourites?

• Merry Xmas

Sweetgirl - - The Lounge

Merry Christimas Everybody!!!!!!! Be safe, be happy and have fun:D

• Low Carb Cook Books

Sweetgirl - - Low Carb Recipes

I am getting the women's weekly one for Christmas. I had a brief look at it before I bought it (yes I buy my own Xmas pressies). Even if it gives different ideas that I can play with - like substituting a low carb recipe for whatever they use. I needed a new cook book anyway - the family want something different!!

• Low Carb Bread

Sweetgirl - - Low Carb Living

As mentioned in another post, I had problems with my bowel the day I started my protein drinks and flax oil. I stopped the protein drink for a couple of days and the problem stopped. I started the protein drink again and I didn't have any more problems. I think my body is more sensitive since starting lo carb. Can you tell me which protein drink you tested, Rossana? Rachel

• I made a few changes to the recipe guys. I made these this morning for lunch and they were a bit dry. Then I remembered that I had altered the recipe but hadn't changed my copy. Sorry guys. Rachel

• Baked Cabbage & veal

Sweetgirl - - Meat Recipes

Sherrie, you read my mind. Sunday night - that is what we are having - Spaghetti and meatballs and I was going to use cabbage for us. The kids have been nagging for some of the old time favourites, that I haven't made since lo-carbing. Chicken pie was the other one - they love it and so do I, but when I made it, I left the pasty and potatoes and just ate the chicken and ham. So proud of my will power on that particular night. I wasn't real hungry that night, but next time I will cook up some veg…

• Baked Cabbage & veal

I get a lot of practise - 3 children and a hubby. Need to keep things interesting and yummy to keep the hubby happy while lo-carbing, while finding things the children will eat. I surf the net a lot looking for recipes and then adapt them to what we will all eat. Although, this one, I can take credit for. So any of the recipes I do post, they are generally thanks to another site. Glad to keep everyone happy and to trade recipes. Rachel

• Sorry guys - worked it out - didn't activate it - doh!!! Rachel

• Sherrie, I tried to access this page and it wouldn't let me. Said I wasn't authorised to open it. I did register. Rachel

• Baked Cabbage & veal

Baked Cabbage and Veal Cabbage Veal & ham Onion Garlic Cream Butter Grated cheese Salt & pepper Fry onion, garlic, ham and veal together. Cook Cabbage, until tender. Add butter, cream and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Put meat mixture in Pyrex dish and top with cabbage, sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and put in the oven for 10 mins. I don't know the amounts - it depends how many you are feeding. Roughly, I use 500g veal, 150g ham, 1/2 a sml onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 1/2 cup cream, 1 tlb…

• Cheddar Griddle Cakes 1 egg ½ cup cream ¾ cup cheddar, grated 5 tblsp soy flour/ gluten flour 1 tsp baking powder ¼ tsp salt In a medium bowl, beat egg with cream. Add Cheddar, flour, baking powder, salt and flavourings. On pre-heated, oiled griddle, pour batter by heaping tablespoons for each cake. When bubbles form on top, and undersides are browned, turn cakes and brown the other side. .(If you are using gluten flour, it doesn't bubble. As you are cooking push the dough down as you flip to ma…

• Shortbread 150g ground almonds 75g butter Mix together – to a sticky dough. Press into a 7” tin, make quite thin. Bake at 160 degrees for 30-35 mins. You will need to add some sweetner to these - not sure how much though.

• Chicken, cabbage alfredo

Sweetgirl - - Chicken / Poultry

Chicken Cabbage Alfredo 2 chicken breasts cut into chunks Garlic salt 1 cup water ½ cup cabbage Black pepper ½ cup cream 125g of cream cheese Parmesan cheese Sprinkle chicken chunks with garlic salt. Sauté chicken in olive oil until golden brown. Add cabbage to the pan. Add water and allow to simmer till cabbage is tender crisp. Add black pepper to taste. After water has nearly evaporated add cream. Bring to a simmer. Add cream cheese and stir to melt. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and mix well.

• Ebay

Sweetgirl - - The Lounge

Thanks for the advice guys, when I find a piece of jewellery that I really like - I will have a go. Unfortunately, I will get hooked pretty quickly, but hubby will keep me in line. Rachel

• Saccharin

Thanks Funky Monkey!! I would love for him to give up the coffee as well, but he gave up smoking and doesn't drink very much alcohol and says he needs something........ Rachel

• Saccharin

Thanks Sherrie/Moonstruck. I did acutally read that thread - but it was indecisive as to yes or no to use it. I thought that maybe some peoples thoughts on it would be good. I don't want to feeding my hubby something that could make him very sick. Rachel

• Saccharin

I have done a search and looked through the threads and can't find anything on this sweetner. I also did a brief search on the net and didn't find anything to my liking. My hubby drinks coffee and I buy him tablets to sweeten it with, Splenda are a lot more expensive to ones that have saccharin in them. Just want to know whether their is a major difference I should know about. Thanks Rachel

• .......apparently K-mart has diet softdrink not sweetened with aspartame, their own brand. Haven't been to check it out though. Rachel

• Ebay

Sweetgirl - - The Lounge

Has anyone ever bought or sold anything on EBay? What was your experience like? I am really tempted by all the Jewels......... For such low prices!! Rachel